PPR and travel dilemma

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Didn't receive PPR yet - timeline in sig. Expecting PPR soon. Just trying to think ahead of time.

I need to make an international trip first week of June. It's urgent and can't get away from it. Obviously I'd need my passport to be with me at that time.

1. How much time do CIC give you to send in passport after PPR?
2. Usually, how long does it take for CIC to print COPR and send passport back?
3. Would I need to send the passport to Canada or could I notify CIC of a nearer visa office? Would that make much difference in COPR processing time?
4. Say I receive PPR relatively late and nearer to travel date, and assuming I get a short notice period to send passport through, anybody have experience with CIC accepting to extend deadline for sending the passport provided I fill them in on the details?
5. While we're at it, anybody has a link to the photo requirements etc? Remember there are a few guidelines in addition to requirements of date and signing the photos by the studio - might as well start with this now if I could.

Many thanks chaps :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
How long will you be away on your travels? CIC usually gives 30 days to submit the passport. Return with the COPR depends per visa office.

I have been able to request an extension on behalf of my relatives to our local VO.

Here are the photo specs: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

RDL

Jan 13, 2016
I was in a similar situation as yours. I received PPR weeks before a business trip (and I wouldn't make the 30 day deadline initially set). I requested for an extension, and provided them with the documentation of the trip (plane tickets/accommodations). They were understanding and extended the deadline. They gave me 3 days after my return from this business trip to submit to my local VO. (so approximately they extended my deadline to about 60days)

Reactions: icewinenmaples

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, very good news. Thank you both.