+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Portal-1 email CEC candidate and Eligibility not started on tracker, applied from inside Quebec

lokesh.mittal

Apr 26, 2019
Hi all, I am CEC candidate working in Montreal and I have claimed 15 points of my brother who is a PR holder and also living in Montreal. I got ITA from federal STEM draw and I submitted my documents with Montreal's address.

Recently, my "Background Verification" is in Progress and "Eligibility" is not started, and I have received Portal-1 email.

Please help me with below:
1. I doubt that during "Eligibility" check, IRCC may reject my PR application, considering that I will not leave Quebec after getting PR, due to family tie in Montreal. To reduce the risk, should I move out of Quebec now.
2. If yes, Should I move out of Quebec before responding to Portal-1 email and later respond to Portal-1 email with new address, or, should I respond to Portal-1 email with Quebec address and later move out of Quebec and raise Webform to update my new address.

lokesh.mittal

Apr 26, 2019
To be on safer side, I would like to move out of Quebec next week, and reply to P1 email with outside Quebec address. Can it cause any issue in the PR process?

xhalae

Jul 20, 2017
If you’re checking from the tracker, it’s not up to date. Even sometimes gc key isn’t up to date too. You’re good to go and reply to that p1 email, maybe outside Quebec tho