+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys, I have a question. I hope you can give me advice. I just checked my scanned transcript submitted online and it's a little bit blurry but readable. If the officer does not accept it, will they ask me to resubmit or will they refuse my application? Should I actively submit a new one via webform?

I would send it through webform and explain that the quality might not be sufficient. It is better to be proactive. They may not request it

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys, do you need to submit the scanned file of your study permit when you apply online? I didn't submit it as it does not show in my document checklist but a few people said that it is required. :confused:

It is not a requirement but I always include it.

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Hey, I'm slightly confused about which option I need to select on the 'processing time' page for PGWP. Is it the 'work permit extension' option?

Also, is this time of the year super busy for the officers? May 2018, I see that people got their PGWP within 45 days after they applied. Based on what I'm reading in the posts now, most people haven't gotten their PGWP even though it's been over 90 days.

Go to processing times, temporary, work permit extension. They are at 98 days processing.

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Are we gonna received a confirmed letter of PGWP and use it same as PGWP before the paper one mailed to our home? Because I need to lease a car ASAP, but now I need a landing paper permit. If so, when can I receive that letter?

I’m not sure what you mean?

When the decision is made, if it is approved you will be given a document that’s a confirmation of approval. It will show the validity of the permit and your information.

This is not a landing document, it will say not valid for travel on the confirmation as well as on the permit itself.

If you applied from outside of Canada then you probably also applied for your TRV at the same time for your entry back into Canada.

If you applied within Canada and want to travel out of Canada you will need to apply for a new TRV. I suggest waiting until you have the permit in hand. If not then I would explain that you are waiting for it in your application.

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
How come people from April 25th applications are getting approved now? When May 13th and 14th Applicants have also been approved? Can anyone explain that? Thanks!

The way I can explain it is, for example if 5 officers are in a room, if your application is in my pile of work to complete, your friends is in my colleagues pile of of work to complete.

This is why they are not in first come first serve order.

So it is generally based such as this. However quickly the officer can complete the work, due to many circumstances such as: complexity, organization, documents lacking etc.

Hope this helps.

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone! I have applied for PGWP on June 20, and processing times keep extending, so I guess I shouldn't be expecting it for a while...

I have a question: What if my address changes after September 29th? How do I change my address if an online application has already been submitted with my current address?

If your address changes, immediately update it with CIC through webform.

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
I’m not sure what you mean?

When the decision is made, if it is approved you will be given a document that’s a confirmation of approval. It will show the validity of the permit and your information.

This is not a landing document, it will say not valid for travel on the confirmation as well as on the permit itself.

If you applied from outside of Canada then you probably also applied for your TRV at the same time for your entry back into Canada.

If you applied within Canada and want to travel out of Canada you will need to apply for a new TRV. I suggest waiting until you have the permit in hand. If not then I would explain that you are waiting for it in your application.
About the document that’s a confirmation of approval you mentioned, it that document can use for lease a car? Will the document have all the same information as the paper work permit?