+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
It’s a pgwp but I select open work permit
I know, it is fine. I mean usually after your submission confirmation, you will receive an interim work permit called “we-ext”. In this case you chose owp. Did you receive it? Usually it should be wp-ext for pgwp. But if you choose owp it gonna be wp-ext except pgwp.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I know, it is fine. I mean usually after your submission confirmation, you will receive an interim work permit called “we-ext”. In this case you chose owp. Did you receive it? Usually it should be wp-ext for pgwp. But if you choose owp it gonna be wp-ext except pgwp.
I did not receive that too

Flaky30

Apr 13, 2022
Applied for pqwp+ sowp+study permits for my kids on Jan 11th 2023, we got this letter the next day:
Date:
Application no.:
Dear
Please quote this reference number when referring to this application.
Work permit: After you apply
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/
www.cic.gc.ca
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on __________________ (yyyy/mm/dd).
IMM 0127 E (10-2021) GCMS
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit Number as proof that
you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immgration and Refugees
Protection Regulations.
When will IRCC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If IRCC
needs your physical passport, IRCC will request that you submit it to our office. IRCC will also
contact you if we require additional information, documents or an interview. For general guidance
on what to expect, you can visit or consult the “What Happens
Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.
Please do not send to IRCC any documentation related to this online application by mail, courier
or fax. Any mail received, other than what is received in your account, will NOT be considered.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your
application: .
CAUTION: Do not submit multiple applications for the same service in an effort to speed up your
application. Doing this may result in both applications being processed and delay the finalization
of your application. IRCC does not refund processed applications.
Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your corresponden

GooseBB

May 10, 2023
Thank you!! I applied from BC!
Congratulate!!! I'm similar with you.. now I'm so scared that I did an unauthorized work (12 hrs in total).. May I ask you a small question? did you answer "yes" to the "unauthorized work" question on the imm5710e (pgwp application form)? Greatly appreciate it!!

Flaky30

Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied for pqwp+sowp+study visa Jan 10th and got the Work permit extension letter the next day and May 10th is the date for the decisions but no news yet...please what does that mean?

SareenaShah

May 10, 2023
Hi, I have applied for pgwp after 3days of receiving my graduation completion letter online. Unfortunately i worked for 5hours before applying for pgwp, as the site was under maintenance and i could’nt submit my application. I uploaded letter of explanation stating the facts as i was working night shift i couldnt find a replacement and couldnt submit on time with a screenshot of site maintenance. I am worried if i will have any issue. I was in rush to submit, so didnt get time to research and get better opinion. What do u guys think?