+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
I applied on March 26 2021 for postdoc (LMIA exempt work permit) from India and received PPR on 18th Oct 2021.

AOR: March 26 2021 from India
Biometrics/medical request: March 26 2021
Biometrics/medical done: 1st April 2021
Biometrics updated: 1st April 2021
Medical updated/approved: 9th April 2021

No updates/ghost updates until 18th Oct 2021
BVL received: 18th Oct 2021
PPR: 18th Oct 2021
Hello,
I applied for a work permit for my post doctoral studies on 4th November 2021 and I have also done biometrics on 9th November 2021.
I got a medical request on 30th November 2021.
Medical passed on 9th December 2021.

I am still waiting for the PPR.
The processing time for my country is 11 weeks. These 11 weeks ended on 24th January 2022. Today we are 26th January 2022 which means the processing time is over?
Based on my timeline what can I do?
Should I send a web form?
Or this is normal and I should wait again for one week?
Help me on what I can do next based on your experience thanks.

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hello,
I applied for a work permit for my post doctoral studies on 4th November 2021 and I have also done biometrics on 9th November 2021.

The processing time for my country is 11 weeks. These 11 weeks ended on 24th January 2022. Today we are 26th January 2022 which means the processing time is over?
Hi, thanks for sharing timeline and details. I sent a webform around four weeks ago! They sent me an auto-reply message just last night saying due to Corona they are not able to process applications normally. However, I do believe you must send a web-form to inform them. They are processing all students and visitor application super fast but Work permit applications! It' snot fair at all! Anyway, where did you apply from?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hello,

one more IMPORTANT question, what exactly is your status?

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
one more IMPORTANT question, what exactly is your status?
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or we need more information from you.
But I have checked on this forum that the status can change at the final stage. Normally I should get a passport request.
Also I have seen on this forum saying that we should consider the application processing time at the time of application. For me , when I was applying, the application time was 12 weeks not the updated one which is 11 weeks. Is this true? If it is true I should get a PPR next monday January 31, 2022.

Last edited:

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or we need more information from you.
But I have checked on this forum that the status can change at the final stage. Normally I should get a passport request.
Also I have seen on this forum saying that we should consider the application processing time at the time of application. For me , when I was applying, the application time was 12 weeks not the updated one which is 11 weeks. Is this true? If it is true I should get a PPR next monday January 31, 2022.
They update their processing time historically which means 80% of applications during last two months have been processed in 12 weeks or whatever! So, you need to consider the processing time now! Where did you apply from?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
For the status, yes it is true! They call it "Ghost update". It means you don't see any updates till you get your final decision.

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
For the status, yes it is true! They call it "Ghost update". It means you don't see any updates till you get your final decision.
Thank you for clarification. The delay is now 2 days which not yet significant. I am going to wait a little bit. No other solution rather than waiting.
There is a guy on this forum from UK. He got his postdoc work permit around 10 weeks after biometrics and we completed biometrics the same date on November 9, 2021. The processing time for him was ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAAR2017

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Thank you for clarification. The delay is now 2 days which not yet significant. I am going to wait a little bit. No other solution rather than waiting.
There is a guy on this forum from UK. He got his postdoc work permit around 10 weeks after biometrics and we completed biometrics the same date on November 9, 2021. The processing time for him was ok.
Indeed, good luck!

Reactions: postdocds@2022

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
The Christmas holidays could also influence the processing time!

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
is there any signs in your status indicating they already started to evaluate your eligibility?
I think that It was already completed before medical request. Normally when you didn t do an upfront medical exam and later on they ask you to do a medical exam it means in most of cases the next step is passport request once you passed the medical exam. For my case, background check and eligibility were completed but not shown on ircc web site.

Reactions: SAAR2017

Peterjnr

Jan 18, 2022
I think that It was already completed before medical request. Normally when you didn t do an upfront medical exam and later on they ask you to do a medical exam it means in most of cases the next step is passport request once you passed the medical exam. For my case, background check and eligibility were completed but not shown on ircc web site.
In which case your background check says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and your eligibility says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I applied October 6, Biometrics 21st October, and Medical (not upfront) passed on November 13. Since then no update. I applied from Nigeria.

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
In which case your background check says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and your eligibility says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I applied October 6, Biometrics 21st October, and Medical (not upfront) passed on November 13. Since then no update. I applied from Nigeria.
Your visa application processing time is 45 weeks (around a year). So, your application takes likely a year to be approved!