+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

chally77

Apr 21, 2024
Hello please I did an affidavit with my lawyer handling my aplication, declaring I don't want my 2 kids back home included on my inland spouse sponsorship aplication, because I could not get thier medical done due to my ex wife refuse giving me information about them, is that acceptable, I can't sponsor them now or future will immigration officer handing my file accept this, because that's the only thing delaying my application now, any idea please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello please I did an affidavit with my lawyer handling my aplication, declaring I don't want my 2 kids back home included on my inland spouse sponsorship aplication, because I could not get thier medical done due to my ex wife refuse giving me information about them, is that acceptable, I can't sponsor them now or future will immigration officer handing my file accept this, because that's the only thing delaying my application now, any idea please
You will likely need to show that you have made every attempt to include the children in your application. IRCC tries very hard to avoid not including dependents on applications because too many children want to come to Canada in the future for example when they reach 18.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
It's not that easy and can't be done in one step. You need to prove that you can't do it. And only after that IRCC will send you a waiver to be signed by you and a notary public.