+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

MaggieO

Jul 23, 2024
In a case whereby the custody case has been in court for two years and there is no custody agreement yet, ex is not replying mails and WhatsApp messages pleading with her to allow dependant child do medicals, can the filed case documents be submitted to IRCC? With the email and WhatsApp messages and a statutory declaration stating that the child be excluded suffice?

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Make sure you have your declaration notarized. Also, if you can take a screen shot of any messages via email or social media which shows you have attempted to request medicals. Make sure you write a letter to include with your declaration telling about your situation as detailed as you can be. They may ask you for it again, but that is their job to do so. I was asked twice for medicals, and I simply gave them all documentation I could to show that I had done everything I could to try.

MaggieO

Jul 23, 2024
Thank you soooo much for your response. How long did your did it take IRCC to process your application? From when you submitted. And what year was yours please?

Make sure you have your declaration notarized. Also, if you can take a screen shot of any messages via email or social media which shows you have attempted to request medicals. Make sure you write a letter to include with your declaration telling about your situation as detailed as you can be. They may ask you for it again, but that is their job to do so. I was asked twice for medicals, and I simply gave them all documentation I could to show that I had done everything I could to try.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
(see my signature) :) I applied for PR in 2018, and, at that time, it took them 1 year to process PR applications. I officially landed in London, ON in September of 2019. They asked a couple of times for the medicals to be done. I went to my MPs office for help as I didn't know what to do. He encouraged me to continue to send in documentation along with a notarized declaration. He also said to make sure I am honest and document as much as I can. IRCC simply wants to know that you did everything to try.

Reactions: MaggieO

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
In a case whereby the custody case has been in court for two years and there is no custody agreement yet, ex is not replying mails and WhatsApp messages pleading with her to allow dependant child do medicals, can the filed case documents be submitted to IRCC? With the email and WhatsApp messages and a statutory declaration stating that the child be excluded suffice?
They will request medicals a couple of times and eventually they will send you a waiver to sign with a notary public that you will not be able to sponsor your dependant in the future. And after that your medicals will be approved.

MaggieO

Jul 23, 2024
But we need to include the unaccompanying child in the proof of funds right?

They will request medicals a couple of times and eventually they will send you a waiver to sign with a notary public that you will not be able to sponsor your dependant in the future. And after that your medicals will be approved.

eiceegurl

May 14, 2021
Hi,

I would like to inquire if there's anyone here experience that a medical examination for dependent cannot be possibly done due to family circumstances.

I just recently got divorce and my dependent overseas is with my mother's care at the moment. unfortunately my mother and I did not get along and she has a heart made of steel.

she kept away my child away from me cutting all communications and facebook messenger. Now IRCC requested a new medical for my 6 yrsold kid as it was expired on 2023 October.

What are my other option please, she was declared as accompanying with my application since i got divorced my ex husband was removed from the PR application.

I am under Home support worker pilot. please i will appreciate all your help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I would like to inquire if there's anyone here experience that a medical examination for dependent cannot be possibly done due to family circumstances.

I just recently got divorce and my dependent overseas is with my mother's care at the moment. unfortunately my mother and I did not get along and she has a heart made of steel.

she kept away my child away from me cutting all communications and facebook messenger. Now IRCC requested a new medical for my 6 yrsold kid as it was expired on 2023 October.

What are my other option please, she was declared as accompanying with my application since i got divorced my ex husband was removed from the PR application.

I am under Home support worker pilot. please i will appreciate all your help.
First, your case is not family sponsorship, even though it concerns inclusion of a family member.

Second, you have a separate thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/medica-examination-requested-by-ircc-cannot-be-done-for-dependent.852235/#post-10882172

To spare the time of others, they can consider and comment in light of what you've already been told.

I understand you want other opinions and potential options. By all means.

Indeed, I'd suggest that you should consider getting legal advice from a reputable Canadian law firm (NOT an immigration consultant). If there are legal or procedural ways to deal with your situation (beyond what's been suggested), I'm not aware of them. This is serious enough though that you should consider professional advice and not just internet information.

You might also consider whether legal assistance in your home country can assist in getting your child to the medical examination, but I've no knowledge of that.

Reactions: YVR123
Jul 28, 2024
Hey, what's the update on your application? I am in a similar situation.

eiceegurl

May 14, 2021
Hi All,

I would like to take this opportunity to send all my best regards; who has experiencing the same situation.
After a careful, and concrete solid response to IRCC. I have now received my Portal 1 Email for PR.

My unique situation was not easy to handle. Hence I did all and best effort I could so my application for PR will have a positive outcome.

Submitted my application June 25, 2024 CPCE Edmonton under HSW Pilot.
Received an AOR - July 04, 2024
July 26, 2024 after a month received a request for a repeat medical for my daughter (6y/o)
from my previous post, it was my mother who does not want to send her for medical.
I wrote a sincere and solid explanation why the medical could not possibly provide (Due to interpersonal argument) :(
attached all evidence and supporting documents I could acquire during this time. July 27-30 2024.
Submit the documents on 31 July 2024, including the sworn statement and was notarized.
Aug 1, Passed Medical around 9:00pm final decision Aug 2, 2024.

I received my portal 1 - on 05 Aug 2024.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all post /members who share their personal situation and if not with this threads
I might have lost my hopes for the PR.
my daughter was removed from the application and it was myself who got the approval.

Again Thank you so much!!!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

I would like to take this opportunity to send all my best regards; who has experiencing the same situation.
After a careful, and concrete solid response to IRCC. I have now received my Portal 1 Email for PR.

My unique situation was not easy to handle. Hence I did all and best effort I could so my application for PR will have a positive outcome.

Submitted my application June 25, 2024 CPCE Edmonton under HSW Pilot.
Received an AOR - July 04, 2024
July 26, 2024 after a month received a request for a repeat medical for my daughter (6y/o)
from my previous post, it was my mother who does not want to send her for medical.
I wrote a sincere and solid explanation why the medical could not possibly provide (Due to interpersonal argument) :(
attached all evidence and supporting documents I could acquire during this time. July 27-30 2024.
Submit the documents on 31 July 2024, including the sworn statement and was notarized.
Aug 1, Passed Medical around 9:00pm final decision Aug 2, 2024.

I received my portal 1 - on 05 Aug 2024.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all post /members who share their personal situation and if not with this threads
I might have lost my hopes for the PR.
my daughter was removed from the application and it was myself who got the approval.

Again Thank you so much!!!
Congrats on your PR application moving forward.
And you understand that you can never sponsor your daughter. Doesn't matter if you become a citizen later. She is excluded from family class sponsorship in the future.

eiceegurl

May 14, 2021
Congrats on your PR application moving forward.
And you understand that you can never sponsor your daughter. Doesn't matter if you become a citizen later. She is excluded from family class sponsorship in the future.
Hi yes thank you. I understand the circumstances. However my ex husband is still here in Canada and he can still sponsor her under family classs. My ex husband was excluded from my application after our divorce. It is my only hope in the future if time comes that my ex would apply for his PR he can include our daughter as accompanying dependent.thank you