+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to delay landing until after Medical expiry?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Pls its urgent.Any one pls suggest.I have got ppr late.Still waiting for my passport and copr Now my medical expiry is 25th march I am primary applicant.Me and my 2 sons will land on 19th after my sons board exams but my husband being a govt servant cant land before 25th as his notice period of 3 month will not get over by the.He is not allowed to leave country without permussion otherwise he will be in problem.He will not get permission becoz aa govt sevant he cant even apply for pr So he doesnt want to take any risk.Now if he doesn't land will it affect my landing.Will they deny me pr becoz my husband not there with me.Will they ask.What should shud I say if they ask?
Some one pls help! Its urgent!
Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Pls its urgent.Any one pls suggest.I have got ppr late.Still waiting for my passport and copr Now my medical expiry is 25th march I am primary applicant.Me and my 2 sons will land on 19th after my sons board exams but my husband being a govt servant cant land before 25th as his notice period of 3 month will not get over by the.He is not allowed to leave country without permussion otherwise he will be in problem.He will not get permission becoz aa govt sevant he cant even apply for pr So he doesnt want to take any risk.Now if he doesn't land will it affect my landing.Will they deny me pr becoz my husband not there with me.Will they ask.What should shud I say if they ask?
Some one pls help! Its urgent!
Thanks
As you are the primary applicant, you will have no issues landing without your husband. His absence will not affect your PR.

However, if he cannot land before the expiry of the CoPR, you should immediately get in touch with IRCC and inform them. You may get lucky and they'll extend his CoPR.

If they refuse to extend his CoPR (this is quite likely), and he can't land before it expires he will not be able to become a PR, and you will have to sponsor him. This will lead to you being in Canada for a year while he stays in India.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
As you are the primary applicant, you will have no issues landing without your husband. His absence will not affect your PR.

However, if he cannot land before the expiry of the CoPR, you should immediately get in touch with IRCC and inform them. You may get lucky and they'll extend his CoPR.

If they refuse to extend his CoPR (this is quite likely), and he can't land before it expires he will not be able to become a PR, and you will have to sponsor him. This will lead to you being in Canada for a year while he stays in India.
Thanks a lot.Its a relief for me to know.