+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POSSIBLE PFL OR NO? Conjugal Application

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone! Good day!

I have read some threads here about getting a PFL if you missed to disclose any refused visa in the past.

Here's a brief background about my case.

My ex partner petitioned (spousal visa) me going to the US last 2013. At the time of the application, our relationship was already rocky. We had a big fight and that was my turning point to not push through with the application. I was scheduled to attend my visa interview including my medical and I did not show up. We separated at the end of 2014. He then filed for a divorce in 2015.

My question is, is that going to affect my conjugal application? Is not showing up at the US visa interview and medical considered as refused visa or a cancelled application? If i remember it correctly, I didnt get any denied/refused visa simply because I was not able to complete processing my application.

I will appreciate your response. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone! Good day!

I have read some threads here about getting a PFL if you missed to disclose any refused visa in the past.

Here's a brief background about my case.

My ex partner petitioned (spousal visa) me going to the US last 2013. At the time of the application, our relationship was already rocky. We had a big fight and that was my turning point to not push through with the application. I was scheduled to attend my visa interview and I didnt not show up. Basically, I did not complete any of it including my medical. We separated at the end of 2014. He then filed for a divorce in 2015.

My question is, is that going to affect my conjugal application? Is not showing up at the US visa interview and medical considered as refused visa or a cancelled application? If i remember it correctly, I didnt get any denied/refused visa simply because I was not able to complete processing my application.

I will appreciate your response. Thanks!
I would personally mention this in the refusals section. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: canuck78

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I would personally mention this in the refusals section. Better safe than sorry.

I actually mentioned this in the letter I enclosed when I was applying for a TRV.
I was not able to mention this on my conjugal application because I thought this is not a refused visa since I did not show up to finish my application.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I dont know how to attach an image here for you to see what I wrote/enclosed during my TRV application as per my consultants advice. I was adviced to write a letter stating how I met my ex husband, how I met my current partner with our travel plans incase I get an approved TRV.

Here's a brief part of the letter where I mentioned about my petition in the US. I just didnt thought about this during our conjugal application.

Nov. 14, 2019

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City, 1227
Philippines

To whom it may concern:

I was still in college when I met my ex husband in 2004. A close friend of mine who happens to be the girlfriend of my ex husbands brother at that time introduced me to him and her boyfriend. We started off as friends and then eventually became official after months of hanging out. We started dating Sept 2004. After a year or two, we both decided to live together.

We had two kids ___ and ___. ___ was born on 2006 and ___ was born on 2012. We got married 2008 at their home residence under Civil Wedding.

I was pregnant with our second child when he left the Philippines going to the USA in 2012. My ex husband is an American Citizen. Things started to get ugly after one year of being apart. It all started when he asked me if we can try an "open relationship" and I refused. Just like any other marriages who struggle to keep the relationship strong despite the distance, ours didnt worked out. We were halfway done with the processing of the petition when our marriage went downward spiral. It was my decision not to show up on my medical appointment and interview because I was in the midst of anger and pain. We separated between the end of 2013 and early 2014. He then filed for a divorce and got approved in 2015.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I dont know how to attach an image here for you to see what I wrote/enclosed during my TRV application as per my consultants advice. I was adviced to write a letter stating how I met my ex husband, how I met my current partner with our travel plans incase I get an approved TRV.

Here's a brief part of the letter where I mentioned about my petition in the US. I just didnt thought about this during our conjugal application.

Nov. 14, 2019

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City, 1227
Philippines

To whom it may concern:

I was still in college when I met my ex husband in 2004. A close friend of mine who happens to be the girlfriend of my ex husbands brother at that time introduced me to him and her boyfriend. We started off as friends and then eventually became official after months of hanging out. We started dating Sept 2004. After a year or two, we both decided to live together.

We had two kids ___ and ___. ___ was born on 2006 and ___ was born on 2012. We got married 2008 at their home residence under Civil Wedding.

I was pregnant with our second child when he left the Philippines going to the USA in 2012. My ex husband is an American Citizen. Things started to get ugly after one year of being apart. It all started when he asked me if we can try an "open relationship" and I refused. Just like any other marriages who struggle to keep the relationship strong despite the distance, ours didnt worked out. We were halfway done with the processing of the petition when our marriage went downward spiral. It was my decision not to show up on my medical appointment and interview because I was in the midst of anger and pain. We separated between the end of 2013 and early 2014. He then filed for a divorce and got approved in 2015.
So my two cents is that this is a very brief mention and a pretty vague. You haven't even specified that the petition was for a green card.

If you are absolutely 100% certain that this resulted in a cancelation of the application and there is zero chance IRCC will classify this as a refusal, then I guess you are fine. But if there is any tiny part of you that isn't sure, then you should submit a webform to provide more details around your green card application and to indicate that you are not sure if it resulted in a cancelation or refusal.

Reactions: armoured

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
So my two cents is that this is a very brief mention and a pretty vague. You haven't even specified that the petition was for a green card.

If you are absolutely 100% certain that this resulted in a cancelation of the application and there is zero chance IRCC will classify this as a refusal, then I guess you are fine. But if there is any tiny part of you that isn't sure, then you should submit a webform to provide more details around your green card application and to indicate that you are not sure if it resulted in a cancelation or refusal.
My representative already sent a webform explaining my case. Hopefully, with that being said I wont get a PFL. But Im 100% sure it resulted to cancellation. Also upon checking the US case number that was issued to us back then, it says that my petition was cancelled.