Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Ahhhhhhh ok......i didnt know that...thank you @Zouk, so that means we continue to wait.
I'm good at this game we call "waiting" !!!

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
millslu said:
Ahhhhhhh ok......i didnt know that...thank you @ Zouk, so that means we continue to wait.
I'm good at this game we call "waiting" !!!
No probs! Just know you're super close to end. Hang in there just a little bit longer and it'll all be over soon. The day you're reunited, the stress of all this will just fade away!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

millslu said:
Hi Forum Family,

I trust you're all holding on strong.
This is Mrs. Millslu.
Well, nothing much has changed for us this week. We have still yet to hear anything from the Embassy.
As you know, My husbands medicals expired on June 19th.
We sent them an enquiry regarding next steps and they suprisley responded on July 30th stating that they sent an email to their Canadian Office concerning his medical and that "no further action is required by us at this time". What the heck does that really mean anyway?

Today is August 23rd and if they granted him the extension (without notifying us) the extension will expire September 19th.

We also requested our GCM notes in early July and we have yet to receive them as well.
Our notes cost $5, i sent them a cheque and they have not cashed the cheque nor have they returned the cheque to me. So i really dont know what's going on. How long does notes take? i specifically requested they send electronically.

We sent them another enquiry yesterday because i'm telling you, we are getting very very anxious.
We are so hurt and frustrated by this process. It's inhuman, it's grueling, its torturous.

So, here we go again, going into another lonely weekend without out our soul mates hearing nothing but silence.
I gotta tell you, this silence is getting very LOUD! :- :'(
Hi Mrs. M, your words to describe the process are very accurate, unfortunately :mad:. The good news is that it seems as though you and Millsu are closing in on completion. I have read many, many times on a variety of threads that CIC generally only extends medicals when everything else is completed and the medical extension is the last thing required to allow time to issue the COPR. The fact that they responded to say that no further action is required on your part usually means they finally have everything they need. It also means POS is working!! Have you checked ECAS to see if it says medical extended? (I cannot remember if your ECAS says in process or not).

Re: the GCMS notes, also from what I have read, other posters are commenting on their notes being delayed for some reason as impact from the PAFSO strike is trickling down and around. Overall though, if it was me, I would think that hubby may be landing before Sept. 19th if all goes well. That thought should get you sailing through the weekend!! :D We claim in in the name of our heavenly Father. Amen & Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
Hang in there! Just a small (positive) point of correction... if the extension is granted, it will extend them for an additional year from assessment date, not 3 months. 3 months post-expiration is the deadline for initiating the extension. It took 7-8 weeks to get ours, so they might still be working on yours
Hi ZP, how are you doing? Keeping well I hope. I saw one of your other posts replying to the person who wanted to marry his "relative" and I laughed my butt off at your reply :p. It was exactly what I was thinking too.

Glad you clarified/corrected this point, I also thought that meds extension was only from 12 - 15 months, a 3 month addition. Too bad it was not just a 3 month time frame, light a fire under PPR's and COPR's!! Blessings.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hi ZP, how are you doing? Keeping well I hope. I saw one of your other posts replying to the person who wanted to marry his "relative" and I laughed my butt off at your reply :p. It was exactly what I was thinking too.

Glad you clarified/corrected this point, I also thought that meds extension was only from 12 - 15 months, a 3 month addition. Too bad it was not just a 3 month time frame, light a fire under PPR's and COPR's!! Blessings.
Hahahaha glad I'm not the only one! I was trying to get them to see that the phone marriage would be the lesser of CIC's concerns next to the marriage to a "relative", but people were getting all defensive, so I figured leave well alone! I'm doing pretty well, always extra happy on a Friday!

Yeah, the wording can be a bit confusing on the med extension process, and they're so tight-lipped about it. They really should be processing these within a week or two at most, like how long does it take to say "no major concerns, extend"???

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
@CdandTrini
thank you so much for helping encourage me and for cheering me up today.
I've been feeling so down lately, trying to be optimistic and trying to act on my faith, but every time Friday comes around especially at 1pm when I know POS closes, my flesh becomes so weak and I enter the weekend feeling so sad. Today, you and @Zouk really encouraged me, so I thank you both so much :)

I guess I have difficulty seeing that the end is near because my husband and I have had so many hiccups and obstacles during this process.
I have gone through so many different emotions I didn't know excited.We have had so much disappointments along the way.
I have gone through hating Canada, to loving Canada and appreciating what it has to offer, to wanting to move from Canada to then wanting to remain in Canada and fulfill my ultimate plans and dreams. Crazy!!!!!!!
My mental heath has definitely been compromised, but I'm remaining steadfast as I know God's plan is to prosper us not to harm us and to give us a bright future.
God's timing is not our timing, I have to keep repeating that to myself.

Our ECAS remains the same, it says "IN PROCESS" nothing yet about medicals being extended or anything :(

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
millslu said:
Our ECAS remains the same, it says "IN PROCESS" nothing yet about medicals being extended or anything :(
I wish mine would freakin change :( Says application received 13 months in.. fml. Hope you hear soon!

Trusting

Aug 25, 2013
Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago -passports

Hello,
Just found your site in desperation. MY sister and I sent our passports to POS by request, along with our updated forms and the doctor sent our medical information before by way of email/barcode. Our passports were sent about a week now but i may need to travel in another week and was wondering if anyone knows how long POS keeps your passports.

Also our waiting was about 15 months before it reached this phase. Can anyone say how long POS keeps passports?

Thank you and i love the way you all seem to encourage each other. That's cool. My wait would have been easier if i had found this site earlier.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MissDominica said:
I wish mine would freakin change :( Says application received 13 months in.. fml. Hope you hear soon!
i know what you are saying Miss D..... my ecas application receive 15 months now.....they took off that medical have been receive since it expired last year.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago -passports

Trusting said:
Hello,
Just found your site in desperation. MY sister and I sent our passports to POS by request, along with our updated forms and the doctor sent our medical information before by way of email/barcode. Our passports were sent about a week now but i may need to travel in another week and was wondering if anyone knows how long POS keeps your passports.

Also our waiting was about 15 months before it reached this phase. Can anyone say how long POS keeps passports?

Thank you and i love the way you all seem to encourage each other. That's cool. My wait would have been easier if i had found this site earlier.
On average they keep your passports 2 weeks at POS unless there is something else for them to finalize, then it could be longer. It is really a coin toss with them. It could be faster and it could be several weeks. You may not have your passport back in time to travel in a week's time, based on how slow POS has been lately.

Trusting

Aug 25, 2013
I thank you so much for your quick response. It will help me to find out from immigration what i can do. Hopefully i can get something from them to assist my travel. Waiting is indeed painful especially for spouses. I will keep this forum in my prayers. It's all about keeping the faith as you wait. Thank you again. Very helpful to me.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
millslu said:
@ CdandTrini
thank you so much for helping encourage me and for cheering me up today.
I've been feeling so down lately, trying to be optimistic and trying to act on my faith, but every time Friday comes around especially at 1pm when I know POS closes, my flesh becomes so weak and I enter the weekend feeling so sad. Today, you and @ Zouk really encouraged me, so I thank you both so much :)

I guess I have difficulty seeing that the end is near because my husband and I have had so many hiccups and obstacles during this process.
I have gone through so many different emotions I didn't know excited.We have had so much disappointments along the way.
I have gone through hating Canada, to loving Canada and appreciating what it has to offer, to wanting to move from Canada to then wanting to remain in Canada and fulfill my ultimate plans and dreams. Crazy!!!!!!!
My mental heath has definitely been compromised, but I'm remaining steadfast as I know God's plan is to prosper us not to harm us and to give us a bright future.
God's timing is not our timing, I have to keep repeating that to myself.

Hi Mrs. M and you are most welcome :). We all need that encouragement (your and millslu's journey has provided plenty to other folks) and I so relate to your words above, it's as though you have you been inside my brain lately...lol.

The weekends are hard for sure, no doubt about it and even if we are believers our faith is sorely tested by this process. So much uncertainty and stress can wreak havoc on couples and families as we are all finding out. Slow and steady is needed to win this race and we all know that ECAS is not much help at the best of times. I feel strongly in my spirit that the 2012 applicants are going to be like dominoes falling with PPRs & COPRs from Sept. to Dec. 2013 and I do not say those things lightly or to give false hope. We need to continue to stand strong together and poke our politicians regularly on improving the family reunification process. Blessings.

Dec 18, 2012
Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted anything on here and it's all due to not hearing anything from POS, arrghhh........UNTIL TODAY! So I checked my status update today as I religiously do every single day and to my surprise I saw an IN PROCESS, yahoo!

I am hoping that it will not be much longer as this whole process has already been 18 months since the application was initially submitted. Our application was recieved in POS since June 2012 and we recieved an AOR from POS on July 20 2012. But as of today, on ECAs it says our application was in process since August 21 2013 which is amazing news!

I am wishing you all the best guys, keep your head up and just keep praying. I will keep you posted, have a good week everyone!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Iamslowlygoingcrazy said:
Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted anything on here and it's all due to not hearing anything from POS, arrghhh........UNTIL TODAY! So I checked my status update today as I religiously do every single day and to my surprise I saw an IN PROCESS, yahoo!

I am hoping that it will not be much longer as this whole process has already been 18 months since the application was initially submitted. Our application was recieved in POS since June 2012 and we recieved an AOR from POS on July 20 2012. But as of today, on ECAs it says our application was in process since August 21 2013 which is amazing news!

I am wishing you all the best guys, keep your head up and just keep praying. I will keep you posted, have a good week everyone!

YAY!!! Thanks for letting us know the update and congrats on your news :D. Movement for any one of us keeps us knowing that POS is alive :p. Blessings.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Iamslowlygoingcrazy said:

Awesome! It sucks that POS doesn't go to "in process" early on but the upside is that once they do, you know you're really near the end and can almost start celebrating! People typically receive correspondence within a few weeks of the change to "in process" so keep your phones close, keep an eye on the mailbox, and make sure you check your junkmail cause their emails tend to end up there. Best of luck and wishes for a speedy finalization! Do keep us posted ;D