+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Waw and look at me here thinking Trinidad was faster. My file got transferred to Mexico yesterday and from what I hear , I may be in for a long wait..nevertheless I keep positive knowing each case is different. Thank you very much. So you have already gotten through with everything ??
I'm a November 2018 applicant, can't believe they had my file at CIO for soo long !! Ugh. I really don't know why it take a whole year to figure out if someone's relationship is real or not smh.
You probably won't wait for long. Im not going to discourage you either way. It depends on the officer handling your files and some other variables. Let's hope that you end up in good hands. Mexico is not too bad like a lot of people seemed to think. Trinidad is the office that most people who's gotten their landed would say that they're the slow one. I was told several times how slow it is. Two weeks before my file left Mexico they requested payment for Permanent Residency. As for authenticity of my marriage I am not so worried about that. But you never know what they're thinking. Good luck to you as well.

Truebeauty

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
File Transfer...
05-09-2018
Med's Request
22-11-2018
LANDED..........
16-11-19
My file was transferred to Mexico Aug 2018 and never left there until January 2019. It felt like forever. Im a May 7th Applicant.
This VO is so slow. I thought it would be a speedy process once transferred to POS. I wonder if it was better off at Mexico VO because they seem to be issuing out PPR within 12 months. My file tranferred to mexico in september 2018 and starte processing in october 2018. Have your medicals expired?

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
This VO is so slow. I thought it would be a speedy process once transferred to POS. I wonder if it was better off at Mexico VO because they seem to be issuing out PPR within 12 months. My file tranferred to mexico in september 2018 and starte processing in october 2018. Have your medicals expired?
I swear everything went so smoothly in Mexico. I was thinking that if it had stayed there I would've gotten my stuff already. My medical expired on the 20th of June. It is really unfair if we have to do another medical; again at our expense. It is not cheap. Here in St. Vincent you have to do the chest X-ray at one location and the medical someplace else. Just a real pain in the butt. I would be properly pissed off if i had to all over again.

Truebeauty

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
File Transfer...
05-09-2018
Med's Request
22-11-2018
LANDED..........
16-11-19
I swear everything went so smoothly in Mexico. I was thinking that if it had stayed there I would've gotten my stuff already. My medical expired on the 20th of June. It is really unfair if we have to do another medical; again at our expense. It is not cheap. Here in St. Vincent you have to do the chest X-ray at one location and the medical someplace else. Just a real pain in the butt. I would be properly pissed off if i had to all over again.
I was thinking the same thing. I hope they dont expect for you to pay for the mesicals again thats just ridiculous. Its the same in Grenada you have to go to one place for the chest x-rays and another for the medicals. Its expensive. They would be wicked to do that again. I dont understand why it takes so long. Those immigration officers are taking their sweet time. Do they have local peopl employed working on the files or only Canadians working on the files?

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I was thinking the same thing. I hope they dont expect for you to pay for the mesicals again thats just ridiculous. Its the same in Grenada you have to go to one place for the chest x-rays and another for the medicals. Its expensive. They would be wicked to do that again. I dont understand why it takes so long. Those immigration officers are taking their sweet time. Do they have local peopl employed working on the files or only Canadians working on the files?
Sorry if this sounds bad but its our people. Generally they don't care if you get through on time or not; so it seems. We just have a laid back blah blah attitude if it doesn't affect or matter to us. We suck at helping each other. A few of us are exceptions!!

Reactions: jmc1974

Truebeauty

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
File Transfer...
05-09-2018
Med's Request
22-11-2018
LANDED..........
16-11-19
Sorry if this sounds bad but its our people. Generally they don't care if you get through on time or not; so it seems. We just have a laid back blah blah attitude if it doesn't affect or matter to us. We suck at helping each other. A few of us are exceptions!!
I spoke to my legal rep and she was telling me to wait another month and if we dont hear anything in July then she’ll send an enquiry to POS. Next month will be 13 months. Waiting on the unknown is mentally draining. It would be nice if they can send updates to people letting them know they are still working on tbe file and if its delayed the reason for the delay. West indians= slow paced smh

Reactions: jmc1974

Williams123

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
My husband file tran
I spoke to my legal rep and she was telling me to wait another month and if we dont hear anything in July then she’ll send an enquiry to POS. Next month will be 13 months. Waiting on the unknown is mentally draining. It would be nice if they can send updates to people letting them know they are still working on tbe file and if its delayed the reason for the delay. West indians= slow paced smh
Ask you rep to email them. I emailed them for a brief update on my husband file, to my surprised they emailed me back in 2 days. Found out my husband application in queue for interview.

Truebeauty

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
File Transfer...
05-09-2018
Med's Request
22-11-2018
LANDED..........
16-11-19
My husband file tran

Ask you rep to email them. I emailed them for a brief update on my husband file, to my surprised they emailed me back in 2 days. Found out my husband application in queue for interview.
What date did you submit your application?

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Just got off the phone with my lawyer and he shared a few tidbits with me. He said they may or may not asked for another medical; up to their discretion. Also he said there are no timeline, they can do whatever or however long they choose to work on one's file. All of my other checks have been done including the RCMP background check except for one and that's the one that is done in Trinidad. They have not even started yet so that tells me that i am in it for the long haul. So when I had mentioned that the guy from St. Lucia took 18 months it was no joke. Its like a joke that they gave a timeline that most offices cannot live up to. smdh!!!

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
When they want something they want it pronto. When they have to keep correspondence it's almost nil.

Truebeauty

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
File Transfer...
05-09-2018
Med's Request
22-11-2018
LANDED..........
16-11-19
Just got off the phone with my lawyer and he shared a few tidbits with me. He said they may or may not asked for another medical; up to their discretion. Also he said there are no timeline, they can do whatever or however long they choose to work on one's file. All of my other checks have been done including the RCMP background check except for one and that's the one that is done in Trinidad. They have not even started yet so that tells me that i am in it for the long haul. So when I had mentioned that the guy from St. Lucia took 18 months it was no joke. Its like a joke that they gave a timeline that most offices cannot live up to. smdh!!!
Oh lord smh. I was reading messages in this thread from others way back in 2010/2011 and some people were getting through in 5-8 months and the processing times were I believe 15-18months back then. There were a few individuals that took 2 years. I guess it all depends on your case. I dont see anything in my case that would cause such a long delay. My husband has 1 non accompanying dependent. First marriage for both of us and No criminal stuff so im confused on the delay . I called the Grenada police station to find out if POS contacts them to verify anything further and he just told me the police record that they provide is sufficient. So im sooo lost on why it takes so long. There is something not right over there. Clearly the workers are slacking