+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Thejohns10

Jul 11, 2015
Thanks so much - best of luck for your interview and that everything goes well for you two.

Canadianinlove said:
What fantastic news! Good for you and your hubby. It was nice that you were told right away what was happening.
We are ending to Trinidad 3 weeks today. We are going to spend time with family and then our interview. Hoping and praying for a response right away.

Congratulations again!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Hi. I am about to sponsor my husband to come to Canada. Someone advised me to check out these forums so I could get some support through the process.

Does anyone have any good advice. I get really nervous about applying because he and I met online, but have been together for 3.5yrs now. Between the two of us, we have three kids.

I printed off my long distance phone bills, some of our Digicel top up history and about 6 page each of skype, whatsapp, and BBM convos.

And I have included pics of our wedding and such, about 30 pictures in total.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Anxiouswifey said:
Hi. I am about to sponsor my husband to come to Canada. Someone advised me to check out these forums so I could get some support through the process.

Does anyone have any good advice. I get really nervous about applying because he and I met online, but have been together for 3.5yrs now. Between the two of us, we have three kids.

I printed off my long distance phone bills, some of our Digicel top up history and about 6 page each of skype, whatsapp, and BBM convos.

Hello and welcome

First of all you are in the right place for good advise and lots of support. I would advise you to read up on the thread from day one if you can or just browse around the other threads to get all the information and advise that I know you will definitely need. Your supporting documents seems to be on point so no worries there and the fact that you meet your hubby online is the least of your worries. You have children with your hubby that a bonus in their eyes !!!

Just be sure you fill out those forms out properly and don't let what happened to me last week cause you stress After spending hours on top of hours months on top of months and so much time put into my large box package that was organized to the max (included table of contents, appendix labels, 13 page essay from myself and my hubby , etc,........MY PACKAGE GOT SEND BACK!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind - it seems like my well organized package only went for a ride to Mississauga and back to my home in a total disaster - looked like a bag of garbage everything was everywhere and out of place, even had some information missing too

Why because we did not included the family form. I did not include it because we mark it as NA only believing because my hubby is not accompanying anyone else but himself to Canada and all his sibling are living in Canada (Canadian Citizens) even is son who was born here from a previous marriage)

So because of that one page approx 3 question form - CIC send back my entire package, and stated they have not started any process it came back as incomplete. So please be careful when filing out those forms, double check even have someone check for you ( I did that too lol).
If your not sure about some of the questions, there are real knowledgable people through this forum even from the other threads too - I can provide you with some of those names when your ready!!

So good luck and have fun it's a lot of Work , but worth it !!! no need to get a lawyer. you got this,,,
See you around

I'm sending it out tomorrow - two weeks later- now I am an October 2015 Application instead of September 2015 Application SMH !! .

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-07-2015 / Sent: 13-07-2015 / Received: 14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2015 and sent from POS / Visa In Hand : 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Anxiouswifey said:

Hey there !

Well I can relate the most, I met my hubby online too ! We have been together for close to 4 years now and we are a young couple in the mid-twenties :)

I was very much nervous when I was preparing my documents but everything was smooth sailing as we were never previously married and my husband has no travel history.

What I included with my application was :

Labeled and dated photos of our outings (For each outing I sent 1-2 photos, if the photos had family members who went with us I included those too to show that our families know about our relationship since it proves that the relationship is known and could possibly be genuine in the Visa Officer's eyes)

Photos from the wedding, ceremony, honeymoon, engagement

Skype, Oovoo, facebook convo's
I sent Proof for the beginning, middle and end of every month during our whole relationship to show consistency that we were always connected to one another.

A copy of our first ever conversation when we met online

An original wedding invitation

Receipts for any gifts we bought one another or any money sent to one another.

Receipts for Top-ups

__

If you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact me !

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
needhimback said:
Hello and welcome

First of all you are in the right place for good advise and lots of support. I would advise you to read up on the thread from day one if you can or just browse around the other threads to get all the information and advise that I know you will definitely need. Your supporting documents seems to be on point so no worries there and the fact that you meet your hubby online is the least of your worries. You have children with your hubby that a bonus in their eyes !!!

Just be sure you fill out those forms out properly and don't let what happened to me last week cause you stress After spending hours on top of hours months on top of months and so much time put into my large box package that was organized to the max (included table of contents, appendix labels, 13 page essay from myself and my hubby , etc,........MY PACKAGE GOT SEND BACK!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind - it seems like my well organized package only went for a ride to Mississauga and back to my home in a total disaster - looked like a bag of garbage everything was everywhere and out of place, even had some information missing too

Why because we did not included the family form. I did not include it because we mark it as NA only believing because my hubby is not accompanying anyone else but himself to Canada and all his sibling are living in Canada (Canadian Citizens) even is son who was born here from a previous marriage)

So because of that one page approx 3 question form - CIC send back my entire package, and stated they have not started any process it came back as incomplete. So please be careful when filing out those forms, double check even have someone check for you ( I did that too lol).
If your not sure about some of the questions, there are real knowledgable people through this forum even from the other threads too - I can provide you with some of those names when your ready!!

So good luck and have fun it's a lot of Work , but worth it !!! no need to get a lawyer. you got this,,,
See you around

I'm sending it out tomorrow - two weeks later- now I am an October 2015 Application instead of September 2015 Application SMH !! .
Hi!

Thank you, I found the additional family sheet as I was reviewing his side of the papers and noticed the form was missing and completed it. One question though? Do I need to complete one too?

Our paperwork will definitely be in the November batch, so hopefully you will pave the way for me. We have been married since March and honestly, the thought of waiting 17 months kills me. I was happy to see all the people getting through much faster.

We got married in Guyana and we don't have children together, but from previous relationships. My husband has sole custody of his kids, and I have so custody of mine.

I cant wait to read your updates!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
mrs.trini said:
Hey there !

Well I can relate the most, I met my hubby online too ! We have been together for close to 4 years now and we are a young couple in the mid-twenties :)

I was very much nervous when I was preparing my documents but everything was smooth sailing as we were never previously married and my husband has no travel history.

What I included with my application was :

Labeled and dated photos of our outings (For each outing I sent 1-2 photos, if the photos had family members who went with us I included those too to show that our families know about our relationship since it proves that the relationship is known and could possibly be genuine in the Visa Officer's eyes)

Photos from the wedding, ceremony, honeymoon, engagement

Skype, Oovoo, facebook convo's
I sent Proof for the beginning, middle and end of every month during our whole relationship to show consistency that we were always connected to one another.

A copy of our first ever conversation when we met online

An original wedding invitation

Receipts for any gifts we bought one another or any money sent to one another.

Receipts for Top-ups

__

If you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact me !

Hi!

I don't have that much proof in terms of conversations. I asked a friend who had successfully gone through the process and she told me about sending bits of our conversation. Unfortunately, Skype won't let me go back and pull the chat history from the beginning. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that what I provided is sufficient. Perhaps he will have to complete an interview.

Our situation is a little complex, I am adopted and none of my adopted family traveled to Guyana for the wedding, but my biological family was there. Neither of us has been previously married and my husband has never left Guyana either.

Oh I am so nervous and I haven't even submitted the paperwork yet and I feel like we just don't have enough even though when you stack it all up it looks like we do.

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Anxiouswifey said:
Hi!

I don't have that much proof in terms of conversations. I asked a friend who had successfully gone through the process and she told me about sending bits of our conversation. Unfortunately, Skype won't let me go back and pull the chat history from the beginning. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that what I provided is sufficient. Perhaps he will have to complete an interview.

Our situation is a little complex, I am adopted and none of my adopted family traveled to Guyana for the wedding, but my biological family was there. Neither of us has been previously married and my husband has never left Guyana either.

Oh I am so nervous and I haven't even submitted the paperwork yet and I feel like we just don't have enough even though when you stack it all up it looks like we do.
My Parents were unable to attend my Wedding too except for my Sister so I understand.

I was stressed throughout the whole process , it's normal. Btw I sent extreme amounts of convo history because I was paranoid so you don't have to send so much. What you have is most likely sufficient.

I wish you luck , I'm sure it'll go by smoothly.

PS. Doing the medical upfront and paying the Right of Permanent Resident fees upfront is a good way to go

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Axiouswifey welcome.

Don't stress too much. My hubby and I have a whole heap of complexities.
Meet on line
Together less than 2 years
We both have daughters with our ex-spouses - none together
We are in our 40s so neither parent attended the wedding - we married in New York
and there is more lol

We both have clean criminal histories and good credit - he had a job for 10 years at one of the oil companies in Trinidad
Looking back on the immigration process and all the red flags we have we are still not worried - what love makes us do!
We are interviewing in Trinidad on the 29th of October and will prayers we are hoping all will go well
God bless and good luck

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
I am so grateful I found this message board. To everyone who has taking the time to reply to me, thank you so much. It's great to have so much support and to know I am really not alone in the process. I believe in God and I have faith he will see us through, but for some reason I am still nervous...

Mrs. Trini - My husband and stepkids are going to complete their medicals on Friday and I will make sure pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee upfront. Does your husband like it in Canada??

Canadianinlove - I will try not to stress too much. My husband is cool as cucumber, and I am think I am doing the stressing for both of us. I though our situation was complicated but I feel more and more calm reading other people's stories and seeing how they are handling things. I hope all goes well with your interview, you must be excited to be in the homestretch!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Anxiouswifey said:
Hi!

Thank you, I found the additional family sheet as I was reviewing his side of the papers and noticed the form was missing and completed it. One question though? Do I need to complete one too?

Our paperwork will definitely be in the November batch, so hopefully you will pave the way for me. We have been married since March and honestly, the thought of waiting 17 months kills me. I was happy to see all the people getting through much faster.

We got married in Guyana and we don't have children together, but from previous relationships. My husband has sole custody of his kids, and I have so custody of mine.

I cant wait to read your updates!
ok good be sure to fill that sheet out - don't let it cost you like it did me - ok so that form is for your hubby to fill out, be sure you include step- kids too and yours kids too regardless of age or place of residents and all sibling of his living here in Canada or anywhere in the world. (if any) as well as Guyana (we are from Guyana too) I was born in Guyana but left there when I was 3 years old (now 48) he he he .....and my hubby is Guyanese too 50 years old) - if you need any assistance for your hubby to fill out his forms (because 2 forms need to validated) you will need his signature on them...... (we used DHL) let me know I have my contact down there who assisted and helped my hubby a lot with his forms - her fee is next to nothing, she's also my personal friend in Guyana. she amazing and efficient !! she can set everything up for him, she will also take care of his DHL package to you, and she will correspond with all concerns of his paper work. -again let me know.

you do not have to fill out that form for yourself - (Additional Family Information)that is apart of your hubby package - be sure you have all the require forms. oops sorry thought you had kids together - don't worry about that too- if you only knew all my red flags in this process, you would take a deep breath lol!!!!

Also you can use your self a his representative, that way you will receive all his correspondence and email and so on pertaining to his file. I used myself (be sure to include your email as well as his email) that's the representative form IMM5406 ....I know it a lot, but worth it !!!

I got marry back home too (Guyana), April 2014 weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! .....
you will be fine - my case is the one we need to worry about lol!!!! - lots of issues

Sending my package back today - on my way back to Canada post - I pray to god this package is ok.

Talk to you soon

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Anxiouswifey said:
I am so grateful I found this message board. To everyone who has taking the time to reply to me, thank you so much. It's great to have so much support and to know I am really not alone in the process. I believe in God and I have faith he will see us through, but for some reason I am still nervous...

Mrs. Trini - My husband and stepkids are going to complete their medicals on Friday and I will make sure pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee upfront. Does your husband like it in Canada??

Canadianinlove - I will try not to stress too much. My husband is cool as cucumber, and I am think I am doing the stressing for both of us. I though our situation was complicated but I feel more and more calm reading other people's stories and seeing how they are handling things. I hope all goes well with your interview, you must be excited to be in the homestretch!
Great ! That'll speed up the process.

My husband likes it although it is different.
He's still boasting about how he could withstand the fall temperatures.. Ill be laughing at him when we hit the colder temps lol.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
needhimback said:
ok good be sure to fill that sheet out - don't let it cost you like it did me - ok so that form is for your hubby to fill out, be sure you include step- kids too and yours kids too regardless of age or place of residents and all sibling of his living here in Canada or anywhere in the world. (if any) as well as Guyana (we are from Guyana too) I was born in Guyana but left there when I was 3 years old (now 48) he he he .....and my hubby is Guyanese too 50 years old) - if you need any assistance for your hubby to fill out his forms (because 2 forms need to validated) you will need his signature on them...... (we used DHL) let me know I have my contact down there who assisted and helped my hubby a lot with his forms - her fee is next to nothing, she's also my personal friend in Guyana. she amazing and efficient !! she can set everything up for him, she will also take care of his DHL package to you, and she will correspond with all concerns of his paper work. -again let me know.

you do not have to fill out that form for yourself - (Additional Family Information)that is apart of your hubby package - be sure you have all the require forms. oops sorry thought you had kids together - don't worry about that too- if you only knew all my red flags in this process, you would take a deep breath lol!!!!

Also you can use your self a his representative, that way you will receive all his correspondence and email and so on pertaining to his file. I used myself (be sure to include your email as well as his email) that's the representative form IMM5406 ....I know it a lot, but worth it !!!

I got marry back home too (Guyana), April 2014 weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! .....
you will be fine - my case is the one we need to worry about lol!!!! - lots of issues

Sending my package back today - on my way back to Canada post - I pray to god this package is ok.

Talk to you soon
Hi.

Good luck with the application!

I reviewed all the forms required and every one of them is there and ready to be signed. I am also sending the representative form home now, so he will be able to sign off on that one too! I only found a spot to add one email address, but we should both be able to access it.

Just want to confirm which two forms need to be validated?

Thanks for the DHL contact info, I think we are good for now since the paperwork will be travelling to Guyana and back with a family member, but I know when they ask to provide passports we will definitely need to know how to get them to POS.

Thanks!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
mrs.trini said:

He's still boasting about how he could withstand the fall temperatures.. Ill be laughing at him when we hit the colder temps lol.
Curious question, what does AOR received mean in your profile?

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Anxiouswifey said:
Curious question, what does AOR received mean in your profile?
It means "Acknowledgement of Receipt" , so it's basically when CIC gets to your application and provides you with an Application Number and a Unique Client Identifier (UCI)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
mrs.trini my hubby is here too been here since August as a visitor. I have bought him 2 jackets since he's been here to keep him warm.
Leaving for Trinidad on the 23! Can't wait to get some doubles! I know that the price has gone up but I am willing to pay to get doubles as soon as we arrive!

I am excited and nervous all in the same.
:p ???

mrs.trini said: