Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Background Check is bisecting in two:

1. Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our spousal sponsorships being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, Genuineness of relationship ,Adaptability, Qualitative, Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate docs etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny by any means and ask for an Interview.

2. Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted or received to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; in terms of, Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc.
This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, CBSA, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (including Law Enforcement services), Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain targeted countries, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Results: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. Sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds
-Ecas: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Insight of the Process :

Stage-1: Mississauga: Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to Miss-ON> Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: VO stage onwards: Received Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File in Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+ Genuineness > Issue of 2nd AOR(sometimes) > Background Check > request of Additional docs(if any) > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Add. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR> Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Ecas is not a good tool to check your application level but it can shades some light if updated in time.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Re: Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

CdnandTrini said:
Ouch!! Dadzin, that must be so frustrating. Thanks for letting us know though and thankfully as you said, you are with your family. What does it mean when it says "***Undertaking Length** 36 months ???"
The undertaking is the document you signed and submitted with your application declaring that you will provide for your spouse when they land in Canada for three years. You will also pay back any $ they may seek from the government eg. welfare, if they happen to walk out on you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Nevaeha said:
The undertaking is the document you signed and submitted with your application declaring that you will provide for your spouse when they land in Canada for three years. You will also pay back any $ they may seek from the government eg. welfare, if they happen to walk out on you.
Ahhhhh......right, I recall that now. Thanks for clarifying Nevaeha. I thought it was something new/different in the context of Dadzin's post about GCMS notes. Preparing the application is like cramming for an exam and once it is over, some of the information leaves my brain ;). Blessings.

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........

Nevaeha said:
Oh, so that's what that means....can anyone tell me where to look on the notes to see the bring forward date? I have to be reading this wrong! lol...anyways I'm about to take a family vacation when my canadian baby boy born...ah guh deal with POS later...jason kenney is meh naybah

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013

Dadzin said:
Oh, so that's what that means....can anyone tell me where to look on the notes to see the bring forward date? I have to be reading this wrong! lol...anyways I'm about to take a family vacation when my canadian baby boy born...ah guh deal with POS later...jason kenney is meh naybah
Go to the search engine on this forum and type in bring forward date. In one of the posts there is an excellent guide that indicates the bring forward date fields in GCMS notes.

I'd post it for you but I'm traveling for work and I'm on a tablet so it's a bit difficult. If you don't locate it I'll post it on Saturday when I return home.

Trini100

Nov 24, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Congrats!! Getting a TRV is almost a miracle in itself :). Do you mind sharing what proof you provided to convince them that she will return? Like many others, my husband and I have tried also (several times) and have not been successful. Probably the fact that your wife has travelled before and returned was indeed a factor. Blessings.

Well I we sent the usual invitation letter stating I would like to be with my wife for one month while our sponsorship is being processes I gave my uci and application number. I said I was willing to endure any expenses food, shelter and medical expenses. I also noted how long it takes on the cic site and said 18 months is difficult to be without ur wife for any family.

I gave a letter from my job stating how much I make and when I started. Copies of all my passport, citizenship card and marriage certificate. Sent copies of my 3 last pay checks (which they kept). My wife also sent copies of her bank account and a job letter. The usual photos her trini passport and 2 forms etc. I just bombard them with info I guess.
And just pray plenty!!!

I just have some questions
Anyone know what will happen if they call my wife for an interview?? What kind of time period do they give if she is out of the country?? How will they contact her?? Email?? If no interview will she be able to just send in her passport??

Thanks alot

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Any suggestions?

I noted that in the case files the officer said that we hadn't filed any proof of the beginning of our relationship. I'm planning to submit some stuff but not sure what. Affidavits from family members?
I'm not sure what else I could submit. The facebook accounts were deleted...never thought it would be needed back then...

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Trini100 said:
Well I we sent the usual invitation letter stating I would like to be with my wife for one month while our sponsorship is being processes I gave my uci and application number. I said I was willing to endure any expenses food, shelter and medical expenses. I also noted how long it takes on the cic site and said 18 months is difficult to be without ur wife for any family.

I gave a letter from my job stating how much I make and when I started. Copies of all my passport, citizenship card and marriage certificate. Sent copies of my 3 last pay checks (which they kept). My wife also sent copies of her bank account and a job letter. The usual photos her trini passport and 2 forms etc. I just bombard them with info I guess.
And just pray plenty!!!

Anyone know what will happen if they call my wife for an interview?? What kind of time period do they give if she is out of the country?? How will they contact her?? Email?? If no interview will she be able to just send in her passport??

Good questions- Interview; they'll give about 2 months notice (if one is required). If not you'll get a passport request to send in her pp. Notified by email.

Thanks alot

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Trini100 said:

And just pray plenty!!!

Thanks alot
Thanks for sharing your info. Trini100. It seems when it comes to TRVs CIC wants more info. from the applicant so your wife including a letter from her employer was probably a good idea. I guess they figure she will return to her job. My husband is self-employed so it's a bit more difficult in our case. I can see that Dadzin has replied to your questions already and I am not far enough along in the process to respond with any experience on those topics.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Dadzin said:
Any suggestions?

I noted that in the case files the officer said that we hadn't filed any proof of the beginning of our relationship. I'm planning to submit some stuff but not sure what. Affidavits from family members?
I'm not sure what else I could submit. The facebook accounts were deleted...never thought it would be needed back then...
hi Dadzin, I saw this info. on another thread, maybe you can try this for FB (see below). I have also read that a lot of people send letters from family members, sometimes they are sworn affidavits and sometimes not. For some reason I never thought to include any family letters in our application but it would be interesting to know how much "weight" CIC gives those. Your point about not realizing in the early days of a relationship that written/visual evidence would be needed is well taken :). So many people did not keep receipts or e-mails or chat logs, who even knows about this process until after the fact? My husband and I did not even have a camera until the 3rd year of our relationship!! Blessings.

"Even if an account is disabled on Facebook, it is not deleted so chances are all the information associated with your partner's previous accounts are still lingering in their database.

You or your partner might try contacting Facebook, and explaining your situation in the hopes that they will give you access to the disabled accounts."

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........

CdnandTrini said:
hi Dadzin, I saw this info. on another thread, maybe you can try this for FB (see below). I have also read that a lot of people send letters from family members, sometimes they are sworn affidavits and sometimes not. For some reason I never thought to include any family letters in our application but it would be interesting to know how much "weight" CIC gives those. Your point about not realizing in the early days of a relationship that written/visual evidence would be needed is well taken :). So many people did not keep receipts or e-mails or chat logs, who even knows about this process until after the fact? My husband and I did not even have a camera until the 3rd year of our relationship!! Blessings.

"Even if an account is disabled on Facebook, it is not deleted so chances are all the information associated with your partner's previous accounts are still lingering in their database.

You or your partner might try contacting Facebook, and explaining your situation in the hopes that they will give you access to the disabled accounts."
Great to know CdnandTrini! That's really encouraging to hear. I did anticipate that and wrote to facebook weeks ago, the account was permanently deleted, not the temporarily deleted one. I haven't received a response from them. So for now, letters are the only thing I can think about. Maybe that's why their making us wait so long.
You usually get an interview when they don't think your relationship is genuine. "Interview require to verify relationship" the notes said. Still can't locate the bring forward date..

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016

Dadzin said:
Great to know CdnandTrini! That's really encouraging to hear. I did anticipate that and wrote to facebook weeks ago, the account was permanently deleted, not the temporarily deleted one. I haven't received a response from them. So for now, letters are the only thing I can think about. Maybe that's why their making us wait so long.
You usually get an interview when they don't think your relationship is genuine. "Interview require to verify relationship" the notes said. Still can't locate the bring forward date..
hey there my friend..... i think im in the same boat as you...me and my wife did not send in any evidence showing our relationship from the beginning.. i got to do an interview in kingston but waiting for my letter they mailed out to me.... my wife order the notes but she did not get them back as yet.... i also heard that if a person have interview that they will take out the last few pages of the gcsm notes

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016

Dadzin said:
check your inbox

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........

Maddants said:
hey there my friend..... i think im in the same boat as you...me and my wife did not send in any evidence showing our relationship from the beginning.. i got to do an interview in kingston but waiting for my letter they mailed out to me.... my wife order the notes but she did not get them back as yet.... i also heard that if a person have interview that they will take out the last few pages of the gcsm notes
What do you mean they'll take out the last few pages?

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Guys you know that POS changed their time to 19 months...that means you're not supposed to contact them on case specific inquiries until that time. They can change the date again to 21 months and you'd have to wait until that time. Interesting eh. System really needs changing. The Harper regime changed up so much for immigration. Years ago it wasn't so difficult.