1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
MissDominica said:
Hi Dadzin,

Welcome to the POS forum.. Wow! February.. and I was getting impatient at 5 months.. you've definitely waited longer than us. Since you are having to sponsor your children, I assume you are not a Canadian citizen? Are you a PR?

So your App was filed Feb 22 2012
Sponsor approval/transfer to POS Ma 23 2012

Did you get an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) of the date your file actually GOT to POS (not the date it was sent)?

Congrats on your growing family! Adding a dependent in the middle of the process may delay your application a bit. Not because it's frowned upon or anything, but if you think about it, you would need to wait for the paperwork for the child, it's transfer, your application would have to be pulled and update with the new information, etc. If there is a delay, it would likely be due to waiting for the paperwork and having to update your file.

Being in Canada does not cause a delay. People who apply inland (application stays in Canada, never goes foreign to POS or anywhere) have longer processing because they are not priority but outland applications would not be delayed because you are in Canada. In fact, as a sponsor, it is better for you to be in Canada. When you say you "sent them back" you mean your wife and child, correct? That's hard.. especially with her being pregnant, but health care without insurance is a big issue so I see why you would decide that.

You CAIPS notes should be sent to you 30 days after you applied for them. They should give you helpful information on how your file is progressing so far.

I hope I have answered all of your questions. Please confirm the date POS received your file (if you got an AOR) and we will add you to the spreadsheet (you can click the link under my profile in the bottom that says "POS spreadsheet"and it will give you information about everyone's timelines on this site).

If you have any questions - I'd love to help and if I don't know the answer, someone will.

Welcome and congrats again!
MissDominica, does POS send the AOR to both husband and wife at their current residential address or just the sponsor?

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
They will send it to the sponsored spouse. I am not sure if POS sends AOR very often though.

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
Hi Dadzin,

Welcome to the POS forum.. Wow! February.. and I was getting impatient at 5 months.. you've definitely waited longer than us. Since you are having to sponsor your children, I assume you are not a Canadian citizen? Are you a PR?

So your App was filed Feb 22 2012
Sponsor approval/transfer to POS Ma 23 2012

Did you get an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) of the date your file actually GOT to POS (not the date it was sent)?

Congrats on your growing family! Adding a dependent in the middle of the process may delay your application a bit. Not because it's frowned upon or anything, but if you think about it, you would need to wait for the paperwork for the child, it's transfer, your application would have to be pulled and update with the new information, etc. If there is a delay, it would likely be due to waiting for the paperwork and having to update your file.

Being in Canada does not cause a delay. People who apply inland (application stays in Canada, never goes foreign to POS or anywhere) have longer processing because they are not priority but outland applications would not be delayed because you are in Canada. In fact, as a sponsor, it is better for you to be in Canada. When you say you "sent them back" you mean your wife and child, correct? That's hard.. especially with her being pregnant, but health care without insurance is a big issue so I see why you would decide that.

You CAIPS notes should be sent to you 30 days after you applied for them. They should give you helpful information on how your file is progressing so far.

I hope I have answered all of your questions. Please confirm the date POS received your file (if you got an AOR) and we will add you to the spreadsheet (you can click the link under my profile in the bottom that says "POS spreadsheet"and it will give you information about everyone's timelines on this site).

If you have any questions - I'd love to help and if I don't know the answer, someone will.

Welcome and congrats again!
Thank you! Yes PoS sent me an email saying they received the PR application for my wife.
And yes it was too expensive here for healthcare. I am a PR, citizenship should be finalized in a few months.
My concern is that they go from the original date of the application which is feb 22 2012 but its approaching the 15 months period and I'm concerned. Do you think that an interview will be required because if it was waived they might have completed it already...I applied for caips jan 2 2013. I will update here the details...

Oh my file was updated in June with a dependent and still some people applied before that and got through. Are they without priority be because they have visas?

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hi Dazdin,

How were you successful in applying for a visitor visa for your wife and kids? Did you apply for it before or after you put in for PR for them?

About them being without priority because they have visas--I dont believe there are any rhyme or reason to how POS process files.

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Hi Dazdin,

How were you successful in applying for a visitor visa for your wife and kids? Did you apply for it before or after you put in for PR for them?

About them being without priority because they have visas--I dont believe there are any rhyme or reason to how POS process files.
Good question. I clearly demonstrated to the Visa Officer that my wife and daughter have no intentions of remaining in Canada. I applied for the visas in July 2012. I proved that my wife had visited Canada the year before and did return. I was also able to provide some medical information about an ill relative in Canada. The officer saw the merits and he also saw the PR application. He was satisfied and issued 5 year visas.

Let me know of you need further details on the process I may be able to assist.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Dadzin said:
Good question. I clearly demonstrated to the Visa Officer that my wife and daughter have no intentions of remaining in Canada. I applied for the visas in July 2012. I proved that my wife had visited Canada the year before and did return. I was also able to provide some medical information about an ill relative in Canada. The officer saw the merits and he also saw the PR application. He was satisfied and issued 5 year visas.

Let me know of you need further details on the process I may be able to assist.
Oh wow thats great. Many spousal applicants have trouble getting a visitor visa. What country did they apply from if you dont mind me asking?

Dec 18, 2012
Hi All,

I couldn't help myself but follow this forum! So much encouragement.....love it! Well here is my time line as follows: Feb 1st 2012 recieved
May 5 2012 application in process
June 8 2012 decision made for sponsor eligiblity via e-mail
June 8 2012 file transfer to POS (suppoosedly)
July 20 2012 application recieved in POS notification via e-mail to
applicant

Now still waiting for a darn in process or e-mail from POS!!

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Oh wow thats great. Many spousal applicants have trouble getting a visitor visa. What country did they apply from if you dont mind me asking?
We applied from POS. Generally they're reluctant to issue visas when there are PR applications in process. As sometimes PR is denied and the applicant is already on a visa in Canada and doesn't want to leave. Canada attempts to be compassionate though, for genuine reasons or at least what they believed to be genuine.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Iamslowlygoingcrazy said:
Hi All,

I couldn't help myself but follow this forum! So much encouragement.....love it! Well here is my time line as follows: Feb 1st 2012 recieved
applicant

Hi and welcome to our thread!

Have you tried contacting POS.

Geez these timelines got me really scared that I will be waiting very long to hear something :(

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
LouisFam said:
MissDominica, does POS send the AOR to both husband and wife at their current residential address or just the sponsor?

AOR from POS is sent only to the applicant (unless you filled out a representative form, in which case it could be sent to them instead). Most AORs are received by email (I've heard other posters mentioned mail before, but I have never personally seen it). IF it were mailed, it would be the the applicants listed address (not sponsor). Most likely it will go to applicants email. POS does not always send AOR though. Lately they have been better about sending one, I've noticed a lot of people on here getting one, but not always. So if you did not get one, that's not a bad thing. You can send them an email and ask for the date your AOR (date application received by POS) so that you can get the applicants File Number so you can check e-cas and they MAY send it to you (if they bother to reply)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Dadzin said:
Thank you! Yes PoS sent me an email saying they received the PR application for my wife.
And yes it was too expensive here for healthcare. I am a PR, citizenship should be finalized in a few months.
My concern is that they go from the original date of the application which is feb 22 2012 but its approaching the 15 months period and I'm concerned. Do you think that an interview will be required because if it was waived they might have completed it already...I applied for caips jan 2 2013. I will update here the details...

Oh my file was updated in June with a dependent and still some people applied before that and got through. Are they without priority be because they have visas?
Hi,

If you become a citizen before the birth of your next child, your child will automatically be a Canadian citizen by birth and will not need to be added to application. You just need to apply for the child's citizenship (separately from the PR application you have now). Any child born to a Canadian citizen is also a citizen, or so I'm told. You may want to check into this, but I believe this is the case.

As for them not having priority because they had visitor visas, that is not the case. It is the people who live in Canada for extended periods that apply INLAND (not outland, through a foreign visa office) that do not have priority and their applications tend to take longer because they are already in Canada and with their Canadian family unit, so they are not as big of a rush for CIC. Also, you are lucky that you got your visitor visas for them. Many on this site have applied for visitor visas BEFORE and AFTER applying for PR and been rejected (I tried to get my hubby to visit with my family in Canada before we applied PR and we were denied despite having quite a bit of proof... I would say the majority of people are rejected, so it's good that you weren't).

As for whether you will need an interview or not, no one can really say. It probably depends on why your application is delayed. If it's delayed because it's currently in background checks and everything checks out, maybe you won't need one. If the delay was simply caused by the slight delay of sending medicals and adding the new child, etc, then an interview could follow. It's very case-specific. If you look at the spreadsheet, you will see that the majority of applicants on this thread have been interviewed this year. A much higher percentage are getting interviews as compared to last year. Not really any reason why, necessarily. Depends if there is any issue with your case as well (ie. if your applicants have an extensive travel history they may take longer in background checks, if they've ever been denied visas or immigrant status or ever been removed from a country, etc etc etc.) There's a million reasons for delays and for interviews and sometimes VERY straight-forward cases get interviewed.. so it just depends on how that particular officer feels about your case.

Hope you hear something soon. You've been waiting a long time. Do stick around and chat with us - it helps with the stress. And let us know for sure if you hear something - we are happy for everyone's little victories!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Iamslowlygoingcrazy said:
Hi All,

applicant

Welcome to the group and thanks for posting your timelines. You will be added to the spreadsheet. You can click the link below my posts to see the POS spreadsheet and compare your timeline with others' and get general information about processing. You have been waiting a long time so I hope you hear something soon. If you have any questions do let us know. Also, if you hear anything from POS, we love to hear about it. It gives us info on processing and we're always happy to hear about success stories.

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Hi everyone, I would like to hand over "ownership" of our ss to someone else. If you are interested in updating it you can post and I will PM you the user name and password.

Welcome to the newbies and hopefully you will be having a meaningful update from PoS. Good luck to all.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
smokijoe said:
Hi everyone, I would like to hand over "ownership" of our ss to someone else. If you are interested in updating it you can post and I will PM you the user name and password.

Welcome to the newbies and hopefully you will be having a meaningful update from PoS. Good luck to all.
I can take over it if you want... since I am on here every 3 minutes anyway.

If you want me to do it, PM me :)

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
I can take over it if you want... since I am on here every 3 minutes anyway.

If you want me to do it, PM me :)
When do I get the dates next to my name?