Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
IELTS Request
L - 8.5; W - 7; R - 9; S - 7.5
Hello Everyone,

I am confident of receiving an ITA in the upcoming draw 73. I need to check about the following -

PCC for my spouse should be taken from the place in India where she is staying for last 7 years or so post marriage as the application is with her before marriage name and passport?

Also, my daughter is just 2 years old, so I do not need a PCC for her, please clarify and confirm?

Finally, I have initiated for my PCC from US on July 21st, by when can I expect it to receive?

Thank you in advance for replying.

Regards - Jamie84

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hello Everyone,

I am confident of receiving an ITA in the upcoming draw 73. I need to check about the following -

PCC for my spouse should be taken from the place in India where she is staying for last 7 years or so post marriage as the application is with her before marriage name and passport?
PCC should be taken from anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months (consecutively or not). thats what i know

Also, my daughter is just 2 years old, so I do not need a PCC for her, please clarify and confirm?
your daughter doesn't need a PCC

Finally, I have initiated for my PCC from US on July 21st, by when can I expect it to receive?
It may take a while for this. they are implementing a new system that will take about 4 weeks. as a result they are not opening applications. the last applications they opened was those received july 7th.

Regards - Jamie84

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Everyone,

You need to read the basic info on PCCs -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

PCCs are required for anyone 18 years and older, from anywhere they have lived a cumulative 6 months.

Your wife's PCC must cover the entire time since she was 18. If she has lived in more than one jurisdiction, the simplest thing is to get the PCC from Passport India, as it is national in scope.

IRCC instructions for India:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

FBI certificates can take up to 3 months to process. If you are a US citizen, you could have submitted electronically (from within the USA) through an FBI channeler with the expectation of faster processing.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Note that if you lived in India (or anywhere else outside the USA), and/or your wife lived in the USA (or anywhere else outside of India), you may need to get more PCCs.

talalbsse

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,
I am sponsoring my wife to Canada and they require a pcc for my wife. My wife have not travelled outside from her home country. But after wedding, she had changed her address and moved to my home. Should i submit two pccs for her? One for her parent's house and other for her new address (my home)? Or just one pcc? If it would be just one pcc, what should be the address on it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thnks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi all,
I am sponsoring my wife to Canada and they require a pcc for my wife. My wife have not travelled outside from her home country. But after wedding, she had changed her address and moved to my home. Should i submit two pccs for her? One for her parent's house and other for her new address (my home)? Or just one pcc? If it would be just one pcc, what should be the address on it?
One PCC per country (unless specified otherwise by IRCC) that covers her entire stay since the age of 18, regardless of where she lived.

Without knowing the country, that's most anyone can tell you. You can look up country specific rules here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

talalbsse

Oct 31, 2017