+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

arun_cic

Jan 22, 2018
Hi ,
I recently got married and I live in Bangalore and my wife and I do not have any address proof here. So for the PCC for Express entry can we do it from our respective native cities( We both are from different city). please advice if that would be valid. Thanks

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hi Arun,

How long are you staying in Bangalore ??

If you stay more than 6 months in the location in Bangalore , you may need to get PCC from Bangalore . ( Under that Police station team will verify your stay).

For address proof , you need to open an bank account for both and show some transactions and that will suffice for PCC to show the address in Bangalore.. HR letter( original will work to open bank account) , for PCC , RPO team will not accept Citi bank address proof.

The catch is account should be opened before 6 months to show as address proof for PCC in RPO.

They rejected our requests when we went along with Citi bank address proof and then we need to open in another Bank ( nationalized bank in India) for address proof.

This was our experience from Bangalore for PCC..

regards
Baiju

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi ,
I recently got married and I live in Bangalore and my wife and I do not have any address proof here. So for the PCC for Express entry can we do it from our respective native cities( We both are from different city). please advice if that would be valid. Thanks

Yes, you can get it done from your hometown. PCC from any PSK in India is valid.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi Arun,

If you stay more than 6 months in the location in Bangalore , you may need to get PCC from Bangalore . ( Under that Police station team will verify your stay).

For address proof , you need to open an bank account for both and show some transactions and that will suffice for PCC to show the address in Bangalore.. HR letter( original will work to open bank account) , for PCC , RPO team will not accept Citi bank address proof.

The catch is account should be opened before 6 months to show as address proof for PCC in RPO.

They rejected our requests when we went along with Citi bank address proof and then we need to open in another Bank ( nationalized bank in India) for address proof.

regards
Baiju

Yes providing address proofs for temporary addresses can get very difficult. Hence, there's an option of getting it done from permanent address/passport address.

arun_cic

Jan 22, 2018
Hi Arun,

regards
Baiju
Hi Baiju ,

Thanks a lot for your response, can me and my wife get it done from our respective native home town as we do not have a bank account opened here and ITA is valid only for 90 days . So six months for me is not possible anyway. Please suggest

arun_cic

Jan 22, 2018
Yes providing address proofs for temporary addresses can get very difficult. Hence, there's an option of getting it done from permanent address/passport address.
Thanks very much, however can me and my wife do it separately from our respective permanent address for E apr

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks very much, however can me and my wife do it separately from our respective permanent address for E apr

Yes, me and my husband were in the same situation. We have different addresses on our passports. We are both from different cities and live in a third city. We got pcc done from our respective native place.

arun_cic

Jan 22, 2018
Yes, me and my husband were in the same situation. We have different addresses on our passports. We are both from different cities and live in a third city. We got pcc done from our respective native place.
Thanks !! So PCC from different address and marriage certificate is good enough to Submit the E apr right?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
ok thanks

I would recommend both of you to update spouse name on your respective passports. Unless you do that your status on passport would be single and PCC also gets issued with a single status because of that. It only takes 3-4 days to update spouse's name and this can also be done from respective native place.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hi Baiju ,

Thanks a lot for your response, can me and my wife get it done from our respective native home town as we do not have a bank account opened here and ITA is valid only for 90 days . So six months for me is not possible anyway. Please suggest
I believe that should work...since passport address is from your hometown...getting from ur native RPO will work (where passport is taken).

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I would recommend both of you to update spouse name on your respective passports. Unless you do that your status on passport would be single and PCC also gets issued with a single status because of that. It only takes 3-4 days to update spouse's name and this can also be done from respective native place.
That's not necessary.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I was staying in Toronto from July-2013 till Sep-2015 and my family from Nov-2013 till Mar-2015. I got my Passport renewed with my old address (to avoid Police Verification) in India although I moved to new address in Chennai. my aadhar card, ration card is based on new address but my passport will have old address in Chennai. I have couple of questions.
1) I was staying in 3 houses @toronto during my stay. Do I have to get PCC for my stay in Toronto. How do I get it?
2) How to get PCC for my stay in Chennai? If my apply for PCC at PSK,Chennai , what address should I quote. Old address in Chennai or new address in Chennai. My mother is staying in my old address?
3) PCC is required for only adults or for all members of the family. I have 2 sons (16 years and 8 years old.
4) How much normally takes for PCC? Can we initiate PCC before we get the ITA? How long the PCC is valid

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june