+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I was staying in Toronto from July-2013 till Sep-2015 and my family from Nov-2013 till Mar-2015. I got my Passport renewed with my old address (to avoid Police Verification) in India although I moved to new address in Chennai. my aadhar card, ration card is based on new address but my passport will have old address in Chennai. I have couple of questions.
1) I was staying in 3 houses @toronto during my stay. Do I have to get PCC for my stay in Toronto. How do I get it?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
2) How to get PCC for my stay in Chennai? If my apply for PCC at PSK,Chennai , what address should I quote. Old address in Chennai or new address in Chennai. My mother is staying in my old address?
Apply at PSK. If you quote your old address, you may or may not need police verification. If you quote your new address, there will be a police verification.
3) PCC is required for only adults or for all members of the family. I have 2 sons (16 years and 8 years old.
Only adults.
4) How much normally takes for PCC? Can we initiate PCC before we get the ITA? How long the PCC is valid
Indian PCC - 2-3 weeks usually if police verification is required. If its not required, then the same day. Yes you can initiate it before ITA but its valid for 6 months only.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
I was staying in Toronto from July-2013 till Sep-2015 and my family from Nov-2013 till Mar-2015. I got my Passport renewed with my old address (to avoid Police Verification) in India although I moved to new address in Chennai. my aadhar card, ration card is based on new address but my passport will have old address in Chennai. I have couple of questions.
1) I was staying in 3 houses @toronto during my stay. Do I have to get PCC for my stay in Toronto. How do I get it?
2) How to get PCC for my stay in Chennai? If my apply for PCC at PSK,Chennai , what address should I quote. Old address in Chennai or new address in Chennai. My mother is staying in my old address?
3) PCC is required for only adults or for all members of the family. I have 2 sons (16 years and 8 years old.
4) How much normally takes for PCC? Can we initiate PCC before we get the ITA? How long the PCC is valid
Hi BhavaniShankar,

Simple rule : What i learned from IRCC is that , Wherever(Country) you stayed more than 6 months , you need to get PCC.

--> A : Please refer :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html or there are agencies and for my case for Dubai they helped me to get that( PCC from UAE stay).
A: Apply the rule which i mentioned above or your choice ...Please note : While inquiry comes(if) someone come , a person needs to be there in address giving for PCC.
3) PCC is required for only adults or for all members of the family. I have 2 sons (16 years and 8 years old.)
A: Age 18 and above all need PCC and refer "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html" link.

--> A: PCC will issued on the spot by RPO so prefer to wait for ITA. It is valid for 6 months only. To plan in advance , you can do one thing , if you sure about getting ITA on next draw then plan accordingly booking a slot with PSK ( RPO ) for PCC from India to avoid delay.

Regards,
Baiju

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi BhavaniShankar,

Simple rule : What i learned from IRCC is that , Wherever(Country) you stayed more than 6 months , you need to get PCC.

--> A : Please refer :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html or there are agencies and for my case for Dubai they helped me to get that( PCC from UAE stay).
A: Apply the rule which i mentioned above or your choice ...Please note : While inquiry comes(if) someone come , a person needs to be there in address giving for PCC.
3) PCC is required for only adults or for all members of the family. I have 2 sons (16 years and 8 years old.)
A: Age 18 and above all need PCC and refer "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html" link.

--> A: PCC will issued on the spot by RPO so prefer to wait for ITA. It is valid for 6 months only. To plan in advance , you can do one thing , if you sure about getting ITA on next draw then plan accordingly booking a slot with PSK ( RPO ) for PCC from India to avoid delay.

Regards,
Baiju
The highlighted text above is not true in all the cases. In some cases, a police verification is required for issuing the PCC which may take 2-3 weeks.

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi - I need your expertise here.

Applying for common law and got our NBI clearance prepared. It was too late when we noticed that we input different addresses. Will this be taken against our commonlaw application? Joint account and billing statements with the same address are already in place, by the way.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi BhavaniShankar,

Regards,
Baiju
Thanks for the instant reply. Appreciate it. Does PCC require any current address proof? All my proof (Aadhar Card, Ration Card) except current passport,driving license shows my new address. Can I show my current passport as my current address proof. I was told that if my current address is same as the passport address, then there is no inquiry.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Thanks for the instant reply. Appreciate it. Does PCC require any current address proof? All my proof (Aadhar Card, Ration Card) except current passport,driving license shows my new address. Can I show my current passport as my current address proof. I was told that if my current address is same as the passport address, then there is no inquiry.
you can produce your passport as your current address(as proof) .... When we went for PCC did the same( Produce the passport for local address as the address is same)