+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate? --- India, Hyderabad

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
I moved to united states in 2006 from india and have been living here in US since then. Now, I had applied for FBI in United states and simultaneously I had asked my parents to get Police clearance certificate from Hyderabad, India where I had lived from 1995 to 2006 BUT they (Local Police-Hyderabad) are not willing to give me clearance certificate saying the candidate has to come to India in person to get the certificate.

That's sounded ridiculous but can't say anything to indian police and I do know that indian police doesn't maintain any central database for all the records. All I am asking them was clearance during the period [1996 to 2006]

Did anybody was able to get certificate in india by staying outside of india presently? any guidance would be really appreciated?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

That's sounded ridiculous but can't say anything to indian police and I do know that indian police doesn't maintain any central database for all the records. All I am asking them was clearance during the period [1996 to 2006]

Please don't get upset with the system in India. The police will not make a PCC unless the individual is not requested personally. The best way for you is to apply with the Indian Embassy/Consulate near to your location in USA. If your passport is issued from there you will get it without much delay. Otherwise they may take litttle time to con-ordinate and collect information from India. Check the Indian Embassy website.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I am also from Hyderabad and live in Dubai. Both me and my wife applied for PCC from the consulate. Since my passport was issued from Dubai, I got it in 1 week and my wife got it in 21 days. All you need to do is approach the conuslate closest to you. As long as you do not have a problem, they will have absolutely no problem in issuing it. It cost me about $30 each.

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
Thank you everybody for the replies. After my parents made several visits to the local police, one of the CI has told the same about the embassy procedure to follow.

I am staying in boston and nearest one would be New york . I will contact them but

anybody has any idea how to place a request? is there any form available or just write a letter saying I need police clearance certificate for Canandian Immigration to the embassy?

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied for PCC from India twice once for WP and nxt fro PR while being out of India. We did give authority letter to our father to apply for PCC on behalf of us. Then our father had to give his ID proof and relationship proof to commissioner office. But both time they issued it within 2 days without any problem.

madee4u said:
Thank you everybody for the replies. After my parents made several visits to the local police, one of the CI has told the same about the embassy procedure to follow.

I am staying in boston and nearest one would be New york . I will contact them but

anybody has any idea how to place a request? is there any form available or just write a letter saying I need police clearance certificate for Canandian Immigration to the embassy?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
it's all on their website...

http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=205&partid=99&sub=sub4

britesplash

Feb 8, 2010
The best way is to send the form and passport to the Indian counslate NY. All the information is available in their website, you just have to follow all the instructions carefully. I did the same and received the PCC within the time mentioned. They do a great job and I found applying by mail convenient. I even got the birth certificates from the same counslate.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi Seniors,

According to checklist PCC was only for main applicant.

Now they have asked me for my husbands PCC also.

I have a problem with his Passport was from Barelly and we stay in Delhi so we dnt know how we can get it from Delhi itself and how long would it atke.

For me it was just 1 day process.

Seniors plz help.

Meena

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
Thank you for the replies and for the link. It has all the instructions and original passport has to enclosed while sending application form via Mail.

1) Will they notify me when they send my passport back to me? Do we get any kind of tracking number for the return delivery of passport?Huh

2) Will they return the passport immediately or will keep it untill the whole process is completed ...6 weeks for PCC.??[/b]

The problem here for me ....I don't stay at home in the morning hours and do not want to miss the passport.

britesplash

Feb 8, 2010
1) Will they notify me when they send my passport back to me? Do we get any kind of tracking number for the return delivery of passport?Huh

I didn't get any tracking number. Once they are done with the processing they will send the PCC and the passport together via courier/Express mail which ever you opted for. But you can always check the status by calling them or leaving a msg.

2) Will they return the passport immediately or will keep it untill the whole process is completed ...6 weeks for PCC.??

They will not send the passport immediately/seperately. You will receive both at once after the processing is done.

Usually they don't send in normal mail. And you are paying the courier charges too. I was also unavailable when the passport arrived so the USPS left a slip and I went to the USPS to collect it.

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
Thank you very much Britishsplash for your time and patience.

I had been calling below Newyork embassy numbers for the last three days to inquire about questions and nobody answers the call nor the email that I had sent them. Hoping that I don't miss USPS slip on my door when they return the documents :D :D..

Reception/Operator:
Phone: (212) 774-0600
Passport status Inquiries:
Phone: (212) 774-0641

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
Police in Hyderabad is trying to convey some other message. They just need some cash and your job will be done, if you know how it works out in India :)

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
vik77..... That's the first thing We had offered to the local police but didn't work out. I know most of the stuff gets done with money especially government related services. Anyway, I found a way via Indian Embasy, new York and will go through that procedure.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
madee4u said:
I moved to united states in 2006 from india and have been living here in US since then. Now, I had applied for FBI in United states and simultaneously I had asked my parents to get Police clearance certificate from Hyderabad, India where I had lived from 1995 to 2006 BUT they (Local Police-Hyderabad) are not willing to give me clearance certificate saying the candidate has to come to India in person to get the certificate.

Did anybody was able to get certificate in india by staying outside of india presently? any guidance would be really appreciated?

Get the PCC from the Indian consulate in the United States. It is much easier and faster to get than dealing with the shit of the cops in India!!!

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
meena said:
Hi Seniors,

According to checklist PCC was only for main applicant.

Now they have asked me for my husbands PCC also.

I have a problem with his Passport was from Barelly and we stay in Delhi so we dnt know how we can get it from Delhi itself and how long would it atke.

For me it was just 1 day process.

Seniors plz help.

Meena
PCC need to be submitted for all the applicants who are 18 and above.

ORIGINAL Police Certificate of No Criminal Record for self and dependents over 18 years of age as applicable: In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.
If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.