Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
sushsmart15 said:
First, you need to post your question in an appropriate way which can be understood.
Where are you currently residing? If it is Canada, then you do not need PCC from Canada.

For all countries where you resided for 6 months or more since the age of 18, you need a PCC from that country. One PCC for one country.
Thanks for the answer. That clarifies my question to some extent. But can you also help me with the following;

1- Does the PC need to be dated from the time I was 18 years of age till the time I resided in my home country?
2- Does that PC need to have all the address stated where I resided during that period. Or the address are not necessary?

P.S yes I do currently reside in Canada.

popolipo

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Nelson BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
6332 (partner principal applicant)
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017, IMM5562E
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
3-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2016, upfront
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
hasankhan27 said:
Thanks for the answer. That clarifies my question to some extent. But can you also help me with the following;

1- Does the PC need to be dated from the time I was 18 years of age till the time I resided in my home country?
2- Does that PC need to have all the address stated where I resided during that period. Or the address are not necessary?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

" Police certificates
Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate. "

It's crazy how many informations you find with a bit or research and this answer has been given hundreds of times on this forum, just please do you research !

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
hasankhan27 said:

The PCC should not mention any "from date" or "to date" and any addresses. It should only have the date of issue and the Police record statement in that country.
E.g. The Indian PCC has the below statement:
" It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr./Ms. Full Name S/D of Father's name, holder of passport no. XXXXXX, on dd/mm/yyyy which would render him/her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA."

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hello Friends,

Please let me know the validity of Police clearance Certificates. I came to know from my friends that it's 1 year since it was issued.

I am not seeing any validity information in CIC portal for PCC..

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
NMontD said:
Hello Friends,

Please let me know the validity of Police clearance Certificates. I came to know from my friends that it's 1 year since it was issued.

I am not seeing any validity information in CIC portal for PCC..

Thanks
For the current country of residence, the PCC should not be older than 6 months at the time you submit your e-APR.

For other countries you have lived in the past, PCCs are valid indefinitely if it was issued AFTER your last departure from the country.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
I applied in August 2015 with a PCC that was acquired in November 2014. CIC website states that PCC should be obtained after the period when you have last lived more than 6 months.

Your PCC should be fine!!! All the best with your application
It doesn't say more than 6 months it just says after you last lived there.
I don't know what "last lived" mean. I mean I'm not sure if there is any difference between "last lived" and "last time visited". I tried to find the answer in the following thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/native-english-speakers-please-help-t469311.0.html

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Calgary2014 said:
It doesn't say more than 6 months it just says after you last lived there.
I don't know what "last lived" mean. I mean I'm not sure if there is any difference between "last lived" and "last time visited". I tried to find the answer in the following thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/native-english-speakers-please-help-t469311.0.html
The post you have quoted is from September 2015.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Please regarding police clearance certificate. I lived in a country till 2007 and when I left the country I got a PCC which I still have. I haven't gone back to the country although theoretically the PCC expires after 6 months. Can I still use the Police certificate? The website says the PCC must be obtained after you last lived there

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
kenok said:
Please regarding police clearance certificate. I lived in a country till 2007 and when I left the country I got a PCC which I still have. I haven't gone back to the country although theoretically the PCC expires after 6 months. Can I still use the Police certificate? The website says the PCC must be obtained after you last lived there
You can use the one you have.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kenok said:
If the PCC was issued AFTER your last departure, you can use the same PCC. Otherwise, you might have to go for a fresh one.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hello Friends,

I left USA on December 2013 and i have obtained PCC from FBI on August 2016. I haven't traveled to USA since December 2013.

With the terms in CIC my PCC must be valid forever unless i visit USA again... Please help me to understand.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NMontD said:
Hello Friends,

I left USA on December 2013 and i have obtained PCC from FBI on August 2016. I haven't traveled to USA since December 2013.

With the terms in CIC my PCC must be valid forever unless i visit USA again... Please help me to understand.

Thanks
Correct, your PCC is valid.

-friend-

Dec 9, 2016
Hi guys,

Does anyone know any agents/service providers in Canada that can get a UAE police clearance certificate on your behalf? I really don't know anyone in UAE that I can ask to submit application for me so I was wondering if there are any services based in Canada that can do it for a fee.

Thanks