Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
ayaz94 said:
Hello,

I have a few questions (may be it will benefit future applicants as well) related to Police Certificate.

1) I have applied for Police Certificate from Calgary Police Services. I mentioned them that I need it (Criminal Record Check) for PNP. They asked me to fill up a form and charged me $30 (No bio-metrics and no photographs were taken). They said that if they came up with something (like name matching with some criminal record) then they will ask for fingerprints and so on. Now someone told me that it should be from RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) but when I check the RCMP website, it says one has to go to Local Police Services. Now I am puzzled what should I do? Please share your experience.

2) I have requested one of my relative to get my Police certificate from my home country. (a)Does it need to have any sort of Embassy/Consulate stamp? I am thinking to have him sent via courier service to me. (b) Is there any problem with it?

3) I have submitted my PCC at the time of study for study permit. After that I haven't been to my home country for more than 75 days in the past 3 years. Am I allowed to use that same old PCC from home country as I haven't been there after last clearance?

I'll appreciate your responses and specially those who have applied to IRCC and got the file no.

Thanks

I applied for PCC this week ... in Ontario ... Want to share my experience ..

Canada PCC - I went to Commissaries. They took my picture and fingerprints. I saw RCMP in the application as well. They charged 40$ + tax .. Around 45. Processing time 5 business day. PCC will be sent to mailing address

for My back-home PCC - I went to my country embassy website. They outsourced it to a company. I applied to them. Their processing time around 20 business days. PCC will be sent to mailing address. Charge: 45$

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
natdn said:
I applied for PCC this week ... in Ontario ... Want to share my experience ..

Canada PCC - I went to Commissaries. They took my picture and fingerprints. I saw RCMP in the application as well. They charged 40$ + tax .. Around 45. Processing time 5 business day. PCC will be sent to mailing address

for My back-home PCC - I went to my country embassy website. They outsourced it to a company. I applied to them. Their processing time around 20 business days. PCC will be sent to mailing address. Charge: 45$
Thanks for sharing your experience natdn.
I did the same now (apart from the fact that initially I went for regular PCC which I'll receive in 5 weeks) :)

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
ayaz94 said:
Thanks for sharing your experience natdn.
I did the same now (apart from the fact that initially I went for regular PCC which I'll receive in 5 weeks) :)
Hi i want to know how did you get the appointment for Fingerprints at commissionaires agency? I called up to get an appt n they said they cant do my fingerprints as such for federal PR unless i have a letter requesting fingerprints, from CIC. Also when i told how my sister got it done with no letter last yr at Saskatoon she said rules have changed?

Could anyone help please

slappy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241/1111
App. Filed.......
AINP 06-03-2015/ PNP 20-09-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-08-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Passport Req..
07-05-2018
Buggs Bunnie said:
Hi i want to know how did you get the appointment for Fingerprints at commissionaires agency? I called up to get an appt n they said they cant do my fingerprints as such for federal PR unless i have a letter requesting fingerprints, from CIC. Also when i told how my sister got it done with no letter last yr at Saskatoon she said rules have changed?

Could anyone help please
yes, they won't do it unless u have requesting letter from CIC. If you lived in Calgary, you can go to L1- fingerprint 615 Macleod Trail SE ( just beside the line up for US Visa).
If you are just about to apply for CIC, u can either do it now ( only good for 3 months) or wait for CIC request letter, it is up to u.