+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Question

Aganbold

Jul 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm confused about the letter I received asking for Police certificate.

Letter states:
Police Certificate(s)
The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police
certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

I have lived in Canada for about 4 years, the USA for 4 years, and Mongolia for couple months. My Question is are they asking for a Canadian Police Certificate too??? It doesn't really specify which ones they need... Does anyone know which ones that mean to need?

Originally I have sent my Mongolian Police Certificate. That was in October 2016 as the old PR Inland application package. I hear the new package doesn't require you to submit one until they ask for it.

I have requested a USA certificate today. I guess I'll get a Mongolian one again even though I haven't been there since I got my last Police Certificate from there. BUT Should I apply for Canadian as well?

I keep trying to connect with an agent on the phone so I can get clarification, but can;t get through due to high volume of phone calls tot heir office.

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
I am also wondering about this question, as on the CIC website it says that PR applicants do not need to submit a Canada PCC unless asked for, so in your case, I am not sure if that request from them is explicitly asking for it, since they do not mention specific countries.

Please let us know what you did or found out!