+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate from all countries?

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

Does this mean that I have to get a police certificate also from Sweden where I used to live until I was 22 years old and before I moved to Finland (this was over 15 years ago)? ::)

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Absolutely!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scandinavian said:
Ok, no problem, that is still odd! :) Thanks guys.
Why is it odd?

"You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

Seems quite clear really.
It could be worse, think of those who have thirty or more years of international living to document :)

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I know..still..not that I have any record as far I know
(if getting a ticket of driving to fast on high way doesn´t count..ha)
And I heard somewhere that I have to fill in all the journeys I have made through my
life, OMG cannot remember all! Since I used to work in travel business for almost 18 years
I have been travelling a lot..that´s gonna be a challenge! ???

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
We can say that we do not have any criminal records.. but who's going to believe you without having a proof? That's where Canada is looking for every step of your life. If you have travelled so much you must have entry stamps on your current/expired passports.. so u can track down all your travel movements..

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you don´t get stamps from every country/entry and btw who keeps old passports anyway?
But How will they even know where I have been to, so I guess..

kawakaze

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Visa Office......
CIO NS
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
Med's Request
04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2017
LANDED..........
21-12-2017
Scandinavian said:
No, you don´t get stamps from every country/entry and btw who keeps old passports anyway?
But How will they even know where I have been to, so I guess..
really? u don't get stamp each time u visit other countries? but anyway you should remember month/year, duration and purpose of your foreign visits.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I told you the way how things works out in general. If you are going to hide your information from Canadian authorities it is totally up to you. However misinterpretation is not tolelated in Canada, once found consequences could be bad or very bad.!

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don´t have anything to hide! It´s just the fact that I cannot REMEMBER ALL the trips I have done
in my life (there must have been over 100!) and the dates etc. And yes, you don´t get a stamp every
time you entry a country with a Finnish passport and I haven´t been keeping my old passports anyway.

I really cannot remember all the trips and dates/months when I made them. There has been so many.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
All I can say is Good Luck!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scandinavian said:
I don´t have anything to hide! It´s just the fact that I cannot REMEMBER ALL the trips I have done
in my life (there must have been over 100!) and the dates etc. And yes, you don´t get a stamp every
time you entry a country with a Finnish passport and I haven´t been keeping my old passports anyway.

I really cannot remember all the trips and dates/months when I made them. There has been so many.
PM sent

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Scandinavian said:

I hope you know what you are doing?...Canada is different from Scandinavian....I studied in Sweden (Lulea Univ. of Tech
for my Masters) before coming to U.S...... be very careful with what u are hidding.... I have been to Canada 6X and l
kwn what I am telling U. And U kwn what I am trying to say to U.
So be careful my friend.