+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

points for education

seema23

Apr 29, 2010
hi
Please help ............i want to know how many point i will get for my education.....

tenth and 10+2 (12 years),,,as a regular student

graduation .( 3 years)..as a private student

post graduation ( 3 years).....by distance education from punjab technical university( attending classess at study centre of university)

any help will be highly appreciated
thanks

vgadde

Apr 23, 2010
Master’s or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 25
Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor’s level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 22
A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 22
A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor’s level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 20
A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 20
A one-year university degree at the Bachelor’s level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 15
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 15
A one year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 12
Secondary school (also called high school): 5

check yourself and this is from cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seema23 said:
hi
Please help ............i want to know how many point i will get for my education.....

tenth and 10+2 (12 years),,,as a regular student

graduation .( 3 years)..as a private student

post graduation ( 3 years).....by distance education from punjab technical university( attending classess at study centre of university)

any help will be highly appreciated
thanks
Where did u complete your Graduation? Is it recognized university?
Your course was full time or part time?
What is your degree title?

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys, I would also like to know about point I can get from my education !!!

I have completed....

Primary Education (7 years)

Secondary Education (class 8 - 10, 3 years)

Higher Secondary Education (Class 11 - 12, 3 years it is bcs. I failed in class 11 so total of years spent in class 11 & 12 is 3 years)

Diploma in Elect. & Comm. Engg. (2 and Half years)

So how many points I can get ?

Your kind help will be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have completed 12+ Diploma (2.5 Years)....

Your qualification is related to technical field and your total education is 14.5 Years

You will get 20 points for that..

Find your case here

Master's or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 25
Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor's level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 22
A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 22
A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor's level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 20
A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 20
A one-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 15
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 15
A one year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 12

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaexpert said:
You have completed 12+ Diploma (2.5 Years)....

Your qualification is related to technical field and your total education is 14.5 Years

You will get 20 points for that..

Find your case here

Master's or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 25
Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor's level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 22
A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor's level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 20
A one-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study: 15
Thank you so much, visaexpert for your quick reply !!!

Actually I knew that I can get 20 points for my education but I wanted to know that what about that 14.5 years of education bcs. it is not 14 years (for which we can get 20 points) nor 15years (for which we can get 22 points) of education.

Thanks