+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

jimmylama88

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-May-2015
AOR Received.
31-July-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
28-Dec-2015
Passport Req..
25-May-2016
Gagan292 said:
As per my experience, once they started processing your application they set 1 year due date period from that time. This is 15 months time frame because applicants usually gets AOR in 3-4 months and after receiving AOR there processing starts. But they try to clear 80% of the cases in 8 months starting from processing period. So that's why most of the applicants are getting DM to PPR between 12-13 months.
So at the moment they are clearing January application which is approximately taking 8 months from processing period and 12 months from application received.
Agreed. Makes total sense. And I checked through the forum and it seems like there's a bigger group who applied in January, whereas February and March didn't see as many applicants. Wish there was a way to know for sure where is each VO in their processing of applications (seems like most Jan 2015 are already getting PPR, so they might be over that slump), but hard to know exactly how many people applied each month.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all well. Just found out this group. So here is my situation:

Applied for PR (after Mantioba PNP): June 8th 2015
Received AOR on August 21st 2015

Haven't heard anything since then.

But now there is a twist in my situation. Earlier this month, due to some unforeseen circumstances my employer ran out of business and eventually had to lay me off. I have a closed work permit tied to that employer until 2017 June, which means I can't work anywhere else until I get my PR. I have enough savings to last until I get my PR and was thinking to use this time as holiday/break.

Do I have to officially inform the province or CIC that I lost my job?
Do I have to start looking for a new job and a new work permit?
If I don't work is it going to affect my PR process?

Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts.

Feb 27, 2015
not my advice, i had a friend who lost his job with a closed work permit based on pnp and a PR file no.
He just shut up and waited for medical, after that did his landing at the border and became PR.
If after all the hard work and waiting ,you wish to tell provincial government or CIC about it, go ahead, that will be the end as far as i know, so why not just stay quiet, get medicals done, land and go PR, give it another 4 -5 months and just flow with it, I would.

Feb 27, 2015
sorry i forgot to answer your questions properly, answers:
1) yes you have to tell your Province about the job loss ( But I would suggest NOT to, they will ask CIC to cancel your PR application)
2) yes you will can get a new work permit based on LMIA, I'm not sure if they would give new open work permit based on CIC PR File no.
3)If you keep your mouth shut then PR process can be completed, its only 4-5 months for you more.

I'm on the same boat as you exactly, just that i still have my job.i got my PR file no. based on PNP in Aug 25 something.
Other members might have better advice, give it time before you decide what to do.

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
PMC89 said:
Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all well. Just found out this group. So here is my situation:

Applied for PR (after Mantioba PNP): June 8th 2015
Received AOR on August 21st 2015

Haven't heard anything since then.

But now there is a twist in my situation. Earlier this month, due to some unforeseen circumstances my employer ran out of business and eventually had to lay me off. I have a closed work permit tied to that employer until 2017 June, which means I can't work anywhere else until I get my PR. I have enough savings to last until I get my PR and was thinking to use this time as holiday/break.

Do I have to officially inform the province or CIC that I lost my job?
Do I have to start looking for a new job and a new work permit?
If I don't work is it going to affect my PR process?

Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts.
Technically, you have to notify Provincial government and Immigration office. But I heard Federal, they don't care whether you have a job or not. Having a job is only important to Provincial government as they give you a nomination based on your job. That's what I heard. And another thing I have seen is most people do not tell they lost a job until they have PR. Because once you are in CIC immigration process, CIC don't call your employer like PNP did.

Some people I know have told ONLY CIC about changing their jobs - No problem
Some people I know have not told anyone about it - No problem

Your work permit is closed one so it's not like you can change your job.
You have enough expire date on your closed work permit until you get your PR.
So, I wouldn't tell Provincial or CIC about losing a job if I were you.
But then it's your choice. I believe there are other people who are in the same boat with you. Googling might help you too.
I hope your PR gets through whichever you decide!

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
Hi All, ;)

I have a question about processing time.
Does it matter which province your application from?
I mean a particular PNP is processed faster than the rest PNP? (Manitoba PNP and Ontario PNP, BC PNP, Alberta PNP, Those different PNP is processed in a different time frame?)

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
1) Thanks a lot my friend, i am feeling a little relieve now, just like you said I'll keep my mouth shut for the time being.
2) &3) I am not sure either if I'll get a new work permit considering I have a validity of more than 4 months (Until June 2017). Probably If I can get a new job offer letter and take it to the border and tell them I have a new employer and will need a new work permit, they might possible give me? Also not sure either if I can just apply for an open work permit based on my file number. However I don't mind not working until I get my PR.

I hope we get our medical soon. Right now this is our peak time to get the medical. what do you think?

AINPmySAVIOUR :( said:
sorry i forgot to answer your questions properly, answers:
1) yes you have to tell your Province about the job loss ( But I would suggest NOT to, they will ask CIC to cancel your PR application)
2) yes you will can get a new work permit based on LMIA, I'm not sure if they would give new open work permit based on CIC PR File no.
3)If you keep your mouth shut then PR process can be completed, its only 4-5 months for you more.

I'm on the same boat as you exactly, just that i still have my job.i got my PR file no. based on PNP in Aug 25 something.
Other members might have better advice, give it time before you decide what to do.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Thank you my friend for your informative reply. I'll just not say anything for the time being. Waiting for my medical, which should have come by now, let's see.

eunbella said:
Technically, you have to notify Provincial government and Immigration office. But I heard Federal, they don't care whether you have a job or not. Having a job is only important to Provincial government as they give you a nomination based on your job. That's what I heard. And another thing I have seen is most people do not tell they lost a job until they have PR. Because once you are in CIC immigration process, CIC don't call your employer like PNP did.

Some people I know have told ONLY CIC about changing their jobs - No problem
Some people I know have not told anyone about it - No problem

Your work permit is closed one so it's not like you can change your job.
You have enough expire date on your closed work permit until you get your PR.
So, I wouldn't tell Provincial or CIC about losing a job if I were you.
But then it's your choice. I believe there are other people who are in the same boat with you. Googling might help you too.
I hope your PR gets through whichever you decide!

Feb 27, 2015
hey man,

1) I dont think you will get a new work permit based on a new job offer letter, you need LMIA and based on that you can get a closed work permit, and ofcourse you know getting LMIA is not easy
2)only if you have canadian visa then you can enter back if you screw up at the border
3)If the border realize you dont have work right now then they might not let you in even with your closed work permit and visa as what would be your purpose in canada if you cant work anywhere else cuz of the work permit limitations.
4) so yea best would be just to give a few months, in my case there is no guarantee of my job in this *censored word* economy, im dead anyways if i loose my job then why not just risk not telling and wait for PR process to complete with a few damn months left..?, CIC will definitely not care or ask about your job, its like the old CEC system -1 year exp, apply PR, done.
PNP on the other hand have thousands of application, they are ridiculously tied up and are not gonna call and inquire, they cant even give out the nominations on time with all the back log so how do you think they are gonna actually be caring if you still have job, their part is done already, so you have to absolutely not worry about them.

MY PR file no. based on PNP came on Aug 27th, and yea we should be getting our medical anytime now acc. to what i see on this thread.
Just cross your legs :p :p :p

Lost in pr

Jan 21, 2016
Hi I'm in the same boat still working but not looking like much coming up, I was told before you get decision made they will contact your employer and ask have they work for you? Is this true?
I might have work till may fingers and toes crossed I'll get it by then (applied in early June 2015). And will probably ask for a month of for vacation in case they call

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
The province did call my employee but like the other people said CIC may not. In the PR application they didn't really ask much about the employer as far as I remember. It makes more sense for CIC not to call them since the province already did that.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Also, do you guys think it makes more sense to call the Dr. and book medical in advance? Otherwise I'll have to wait for two weeks as they don't book you straightaway.

Lost in pr

Jan 21, 2016
PMC89 said:
Also, do you guys think it makes more sense to call the Dr. and book medical in advance? Otherwise I'll have to wait for two weeks as they don't book you straightaway.
A friend of mine recently got called for medical , he called the doctor in the dominon center Edmonton and got an appointment 3 days later but I guess would really depend on where your planing on doing it as could be a longer waiting time!

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Lost in pr said:
A friend of mine recently got called for medical , he called the doctor in the dominon center Edmonton and got an appointment 3 days later but I guess would really depend on where your planing on doing it as could be a longer waiting time!
When did your friend received MR and when did he/ she submitted application to CIC? Thanks

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
PMC89 said:
It depends on where you are and when you book.
One of my frined had to wait more than a month (It was the time when CIC released many MR at once), luckily he booked medical exam in advance just in case so he got his medical done in time.
Another friend I know had his medical right next day with no waiting.
It really depends on the place and time.
You might want to find out what the waiting time is in your town.
You can call the doctor's office and ask what the waiting time is now.
And then you can plan from there. :D :D