18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Anatalia said:
I asked my employer if I can apply for BOWP without AOR using only my nomination (still valid for another 4 months). She emailed to the agency with this question (they seem professionals as per previous experience we went through using their help) and they said yes I can, just write a cover letter.

But reading this forum I am getting doubts again...
My wp will expire in the end of february... I applied for PR on december 8 2014..so dont even hope for file number and AOR in the nearest future.... :-X

any ideas?
If you have a valid PNP certificate, you can get a WP. Make sure you apply right away in order to avoid delays. You do not need AOR.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
spartacus said:
I'm also tempted to apply under the ee stream but I would need a new police clearance from home as those clearances are valid only six months as far as I know also I'm not sure how long IELTS is valid. Plus we have already spent 2000+. I also don't know if we could apply under ee using our old pnp nomination. :eek:
IELTS is usually valid for 2 years. if you have valid results, you could consider withdrawing PNP and applying under CEC/FSW. If you did not get AOR, I think you can get the federal portion of the fees back.

vgautam

Aug 26, 2014
I am May 25th ON-PNP Sydney applicant. I haven't received my AOR yet.
Have any of the other may applicants got there AOR's. Also did anyone order there GCMS notes and if yes was it useful in any way?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
vgautam said:
I am May 25th ON-PNP Sydney applicant. I haven't received my AOR yet.
Have any of the other may applicants got there AOR's. Also did anyone order there GCMS notes and if yes was it useful in any way?
There are many of us in the same boat. I am May23 with no AOR.

Ordered notes in august...was useless.
I ordered it again a few days. Will get in about a month but will be pretty useless i am sure.
Called CIC several times. didnt help.

vgautam

Aug 26, 2014
_MK_ said:
There are many of us in the same boat. I am May23 with no AOR.

Ordered notes in august...was useless.
I ordered it again a few days. Will get in about a month but will be pretty useless i am sure.
Called CIC several times. didnt help.

Did u get the QA call??i didnt get the call yet

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
spartacus said:
I'm also tempted to apply under the ee stream but I would need a new police clearance from home as those clearances are valid only six months as far as I know also I'm not sure how long IELTS is valid. Plus we have already spent 2000+. I also don't know if we could apply under ee using our old pnp nomination. :eek:

Police clearance is valid 1 years and IELTS is valid for 2years.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
vgautam said:
Did u get the QA call??i didnt get the call yet
no QA call for me so far.

vgautam

Aug 26, 2014
_MK_ said:
no QA call for me so far.

Thanx Bro for you response. We cant do much other than just being patient.

Keep me posted here if u get any updates or u plan to apply in any other category any time soon.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
vgautam said:
Thanx Bro for you response. We cant do much other than just being patient.

Keep me posted here if u get any updates or u plan to apply in any other category any time soon.
I would have applied to another category if they didnt need me English exam. Its expensive at 350$~. And there is no guarantee that we will get AOR before PNP process.
When does your WP expire? Mine expires in about 4 months so I am on edge lately.

cannonbarrel

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa-OPNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
23-03-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
_MK_ said:
If you have a valid PNP certificate, you can get a WP. Make sure you apply right away in order to avoid delays. You do not need AOR.
@Anatalia
Below are the words of OPNP agent:

"If one has applied for PR before expiry of their PNP certificate then their PNP certificate never expires till a PR Application decision is made.
What we need for a work permit extension is the work permit extension support letter from PNP."

However, I found the following information at URL : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp
“Persons whose nominations have expired, but who submitted an application for permanent residence before the expiry date of the nomination and are waiting for their acknowledgement of receipt of the permanent residence application letter from CIC should either delay their application for a work permit under this provision until its receipt, or seek an extension of their certificate to the nominating jurisdiction or obtain an LMIA.”

I told OPNP agent about this and they say "certificate" is not the certificate per say but it is the work permit extension letter that they want.

That is a crucial piece of information for people like me whose work permit is expiring in next 4 months.
@ _MK_ does that make you feel better buddy?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
cannonbarrel said:
@ Anatalia
Below are the words of OPNP agent:

"If one has applied for PR before expiry of their PNP certificate then their PNP certificate never expires till a PR Application decision is made.
What we need for a work permit extension is the work permit extension support letter from PNP."

However, I found the following information at URL : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp
“Persons whose nominations have expired, but who submitted an application for permanent residence before the expiry date of the nomination and are waiting for their acknowledgement of receipt of the permanent residence application letter from CIC should either delay their application for a work permit under this provision until its receipt, or seek an extension of their certificate to the nominating jurisdiction or obtain an LMIA.”

I told OPNP agent about this and they say "certificate" is not the certificate per say but it is the work permit extension letter that they want.

That is a crucial piece of information for people like me whose work permit is expiring in next 4 months.
@ _MK_ does that make you feel better buddy?
This is a good find. So it seems that if we ask for an extension on the certificate, we will be able to extend the wp.
Now have to figure out how to get Ontario to extend my nomination. Are you already doing that connonbarrel?

cannonbarrel

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa-OPNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
23-03-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
_MK_ said:
This is a good find. So it seems that if we ask for an extension on the certificate, we will be able to extend the wp.
Now have to figure out how to get Ontario to extend my nomination. Are you already doing that connonbarrel?
@ _MK_ clarification on this:

Since we already made a PR application, our PNP certificates have served their purpose. They donot get renewed.
However, we can get work permit support letter from OPNP. As a matter of fact, I already received that support letter along with my certificate at the first time.
If you donot have one, you have to make a formal request to provide work permit extension letter. You can do this by emailing them at opportunitiesontario[at]ontario.ca that your work permit is about to expire and you have already made PR application but didnot receive AOR.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
cannonbarrel said:
@ _MK_ clarification on this:

Since we already made a PR application, our PNP certificates have served their purpose. They donot get renewed.
However, we can get work permit support letter from OPNP. As a matter of fact, I already received that support letter along with my certificate at the first time.
If you donot have one, you have to make a formal request to provide work permit extension letter. You can do this by emailing them at opportunitiesontario[at]ontario.ca that your work permit is about to expire and you have already made PR application but didnot receive AOR.
I do have that letter. But according to the info you posted, CIC says we have 3 options:
1. delay their application for a work permit under this provision until its receipt,
2. or seek an extension of their certificate to the nominating jurisdiction
3. or obtain an LMIA.”

and if you look in the checklist for the WP application, they have two things required: one is the support letter, 2nd is either non-expired certificate or letter of receipt by CIC.

This tells me that we have to find a way to extend the certificate validity.

I will talk to Opportunities Ontario tomorrow and see what answer I get. I know of people who applied with just the letter and their BOWP app is on hold for months.

cannonbarrel

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa-OPNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
23-03-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
_MK_ said:
I do have that letter. But according to the info you posted, CIC says we have 3 options:
1. delay their application for a work permit under this provision until its receipt,
2. or seek an extension of their certificate to the nominating jurisdiction
3. or obtain an LMIA.”

and if you look in the checklist for the WP application, they have two things required: one is the support letter, 2nd is either non-expired certificate or letter of receipt by CIC.

This tells me that we have to find a way to extend the certificate validity.

I will talk to Opportunities Ontario tomorrow and see what answer I get. I know of people who applied with just the letter and their BOWP app is on hold for months.

"and if you look in the checklist for the WP application, they have two things required: one is the support letter, 2nd is either non-expired certificate or letter of receipt by CIC.

This tells me that we have to find a way to extend the certificate validity."

I tried to explain this to them and they said just the work permit extension support letter is enough. I wish we get the nomination extended. It would make our lives easier.
Please let me know what happens tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all cases like that of us.

"I know of people who applied with just the letter and their BOWP app is on hold for months."
Please mention this to them. I have a feeling, they are just trying to avoid more work of certificate extension.

Even that work permit extension support letter mentions that we have to submit that letter and copy of nomination certificate for Temporary work permit.
I would assume that we need to have a non expired certificate. Please mention this as well.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
My work permit application has been stuck/on hold with CIC for 4 months now and certificate is expiring next week.

I sent a formal request to Opp Ont to ask them to extend my certificate. Eventhough previously they told me I don't need an extension and that CIC will process it as long as the cert was valid when I applied. But I don't want to take my chances so they said to send a formal request.

HOwever, It is not my fault that CIC took so long to process my application to the point where it is expired. However, CIC works in mysterious ways so I don't want to risk my application being rejected because my certificate is expired... my fault or not.

So i followed up on my formal request with Opportunities Ont which I sent in early Dec, I was then told sorry they have no way of finding out if my request of extension is approved or not because they cannot check the system in Jan/Feb. It is rather dodgy and no reason given.

As such, I just need to risk that when CIC does pick up my work permit application again, it will not reject me based on the expired cert, but that when I submitted the application back in August, it is still valid. So that's my experience of trying to get an extension. It does not seem to happen.

What do you guys think... will CIC reject my work permit based on expired cert? This seems to be a gray area.

cannonbarrel said:
"and if you look in the checklist for the WP application, they have two things required: one is the support letter, 2nd is either non-expired certificate or letter of receipt by CIC.

This tells me that we have to find a way to extend the certificate validity."

I tried to explain this to them and they said just the work permit extension support letter is enough. I wish we get the nomination extended. It would make our lives easier.
Please let me know what happens tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all cases like that of us.

"I know of people who applied with just the letter and their BOWP app is on hold for months."
Please mention this to them. I have a feeling, they are just trying to avoid more work of certificate extension.

Even that work permit extension support letter mentions that we have to submit that letter and copy of nomination certificate for Temporary work permit.
I would assume that we need to have a non expired certificate. Please mention this as well.