+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Options for College Students

RUK

Dec 1, 2015
Hi there,

I have completed a two years diploma from an Ontario college. I am interested in PR, however, I am really confuse about the programs. I think the provincial ones are relatively easy and obtainable, but that being said, I do not know whether to move out or keep seeking opportunities here. If moving out is a better option, then which province(s).

I would appreciate feedback/guidance from the senior members.

Thanks

ROCKY_JUNIOR

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2015
Med's Request
APRIL 29, 2016
Med's Done....
MAY 9, 2016
Passport Req..
JUNE 17TH, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 6TH, 2016
LANDED..........
JULY 8TH, 2016 .......
RUK said:
Hi there,

I have completed a two years diploma from an Ontario college. I am interested in PR, however, I am really confuse about the programs. I think the provincial ones are relatively easy and obtainable, but that being said, I do not know whether to move out or keep seeking opportunities here. If moving out is a better option, then which province(s).

Thanks
Hi RUK,

So far Manitoba is the best option if you want to move out of Ontario, you need 6 months full time employment with NOC code O<A<B<C under any employer ,then you are eligible to apply UNDER MINP which takes 3 months to approve,then you got your ticket for to apply federal and there you go your dream PR ..CHEERS

Good Luck for your application

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
RUK said:
Hi there,

Thanks
Hi, as far as I heard that Manitoba requires you have relatives there and if your degree from anywhere in Canada not Manitoba they won't consider you (correct me if Im wrong). May I ask what is your degree/college certificate? If it is culinary program, you better come to PEI, with culinary certificate you can get job anywhere in restaurants which is easy (and you do not need LMiA as well). After working in restaurant as a cook which is NOC B for 3-4 months you can apply PEI PNP which only take 1-2 months get approval.

You may want to consider PEI to get your ticket to PR as many people wants to go to big province.

Best of luck

RUK

Dec 1, 2015
Thank you guys.

Rocky Junior, could you kindly confirm the information you have provided in your reply. Also, I found out the following on the Manitoba Immigration website:

"Requirements for International Students from other provinces:
If you have graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province and want to apply to the MPNP for Skilled Workers under this category because you've been offered a job in Manitoba, note that to be eligible you must first have been working for that Manitoba employer for at least one year."

Islanders sure. I have graduated from a Two-Year Ontario College Business Marketing Diploma, with co-op endorsement. I am also on the President's Honour List/Roll. I have done pretty well as a student. I also have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Hons) from my home country. However, none of these count towards any immigration program. Everything is attached with a your Job Title, Duties and Responsibilities, and NOC. Other aspects that play vital roles are your Canadian experience and/or permanent job offer.

I really do not know how to proceed and time is running out..

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe you can consider to apply Express Entry in any province. I have no idea how express entry works, but I read some ppl said in this forum, they are eiigible to apply as long as you have high score in IELTS, credential assessment of your degree to a canadian degree, working experience etc. just check in each province website about express entry.

Sorry cannot help too much abt EE.

Best of luck

ROCKY_JUNIOR

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2015
Med's Request
APRIL 29, 2016
Med's Done....
MAY 9, 2016
Passport Req..
JUNE 17TH, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 6TH, 2016
LANDED..........
JULY 8TH, 2016 .......
RUK said:
Thank you guys.

Rocky Junior, could you kindly confirm the information you have provided in your reply. Also, I found out the following on the Manitoba Immigration website:

"Requirements for International Students from other provinces:
If you have graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province and want to apply to the MPNP for Skilled Workers under this category because you've been offered a job in Manitoba, note that to be eligible you must first have been working for that Manitoba employer for at least one year."

Islanders sure. I have graduated from a Two-Year Ontario College Business Marketing Diploma, with co-op endorsement. I am also on the President's Honour List/Roll. I have done pretty well as a student. I also have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Hons) from my home country. However, none of these count towards any immigration program. Everything is attached with a your Job Title, Duties and Responsibilities, and NOC. Other aspects that play vital roles are your Canadian experience and/or permanent job offer.

I really do not know how to proceed and time is running out..

Looking forward to hear from you guys.
Sorry for the late reply I was busy somewhere ,Yes you are right if you graduated from Manitoba then its 6 months for Outsiders
(I mean students from any other province they need a job with 1 year full time employment to be eligible under MINP , But In ontario had no option like that so here if you working even 1 year and then decided to leave then circumstances might be crucial as a matter of fact.
Rest upto you the way you like it. ::)

RUK

Dec 1, 2015
No worries, Rocky Junior. I can understand. In order to qualify for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), job offers for individuals applying under the International Student with a Job Offer stream must be permanent and full-time (minimum of 1,560 hours of paid employment in a 12-month period). Additionally, the position to be filled must: meets the entry-level wage levels in Ontario for that occupation and be in a skilled occupation i.e. National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code 0, A or B.

Do you guys know of any other threads and/or resource(s) where provincial immigration programs has been discussed for college students?

Islanders, you do get points for age, language, education credentials and work experience but to make the cut as an international student is a different ball game. It is certainly not easy.. So far, the lowest score has been 450 and a lot international students, with at least two years of (PGWP) Canadian experience has not been able to even enter into the pool, let alone Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.

Express Entry is a lot harder than provincial programs especially for international students. Here are some of the points:
- The new Express Entry program puts students applying for permanent residency into one pool and in direct competition with already skilled and experienced foreign workers. Prior to January 1st, international students did not have to compete with other skilled workers. (CASA)
- Many foreign students have low points totals in the Express Entry pool, making it tough for any transparency as to when or if they will be accepted for processing in an Express Entry draw.
- It is worth a try, but the design flaw is there is no transparency, oversight, or accountability for the operation of the new system. It is a recipe for political interference. The result can be justified in any case, but you will never know why one identically qualified person was selected over another. (CBC News)