Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got this email out of the blue today:

"Please do not reply to this email.

Name: My name Reference: client id
Date: 2013-05-30

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Permanent Resident Card – Contact the Call Centre

This message is to inform you that we have received your request; however, our unit is only able to help permanent residents inside Canada who urgently need their Permanent Resident card (PR card) for travel purposes.

We are not able to answer your questions related to other subjects. You must contact our Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., local time). If you are deaf, deafened or hard of hearing, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576-8502. You can only use these toll-free numbers from inside Canada.

I called call centre, I am like what is this for? they are like we dont know. I am like find out, they are like u r not a PR so we can't send you a PR card, I am like I know that

So weird, dont know why someone will make this mistake." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
samlogani said:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

This message is to inform you that we have received your request; however, our unit is only able to help permanent residents inside Canada who urgently need their Permanent Resident card (PR card) for travel purposes.

We are not able to answer your questions related to other subjects. You must contact our Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., local time). If you are deaf, deafened or hard of hearing, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576-8502. You can only use these toll-free numbers from inside Canada.

I called call centre, I am like what is this for? they are like we dont know. I am like find out, they are like u r not a PR so we can't send you a PR card, I am like I know that

So weird, dont know why someone will make this mistake." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
But it said your name, right? wow...

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Edmontonbound said:
I just checked CIC weather channel. It says a severe flood warning in place for all over Canada. So guys....watch out! ;D
For the first time I like this flood warning...lol

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
samlogani said:

Sir, Madam,

My guess is this must be in relation to your call to CIC recently - you faxed them something. I'm guessing they mixed up your inquiry for PR with PR card?

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dee001 said:
My guess is this must be in relation to your call to CIC recently - you faxed them something. I'm guessing they mixed up your inquiry for PR with PR card?
It had my name on top, I also believe its a mistake.

I wish CPP-O also make this kind of mistake and send me a PPR :p :p :p

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
samlogani said:
It had my name on top, I also believe its a mistake.

I wish CPP-O also make this kind of mistake and send me a PPR :p :p :p
I know eeh...

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
John09 said:
summer means vacation for everyone
so the visa offices will be shut down the whole summer!! we are doomed then

coshx

May 8, 2013
sulav787 said:
so the visa offices will be shut down the whole summer!! we are doomed then
I beg to disagree on this. No Office shuts down completely because it is Summer time. People go on vacation throughout the year. Some may go & others will do their work for them.

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coshx said:
I beg to disagree on this. No Office shuts down completely because it is Summer time. People go on vacation throughout the year. Some may go & others will do their work for them.
I agree with CoshX, usually paid vacation given to an employee is between 15 days to one month in a a year.

Most of the employees like to use those days off around new year / Xmas, summer may be some will take off.

I think there wont be much impact on processing time

iblueberry

May 17, 2013
coshx said:
I completely agree with Coshx. There is no such thing as everybody going for holidays for the whole summer. People are still working in our files and will continue until completion. Based on what I have seen on different forums, most of the new applications (Nov, Dec, Jan 2013, i.e.) have been put on hold to give priority to Jan, Feb and Mar 2012 Application. I know today is the deadline for Jan and Feb 2012 applicants but we cannot give up if PRs aren't send today... I have seen a lot of applicants from Jan, Feb and Mar 2012 receiving PR these past weeks... More PR will come in these coming days for sure... we have to be patients even though some days are harder than others... Lets try to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best. :)

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iblueberry said:
I completely agree with Coshx. There is no such thing as everybody going for holidays for the whole summer. People are still working in our files and will continue until completion. Based on what I have seen on different forums, most of the new applications (Nov, Dec, Jan 2013, i.e.) have been put on hold to give priority to Jan, Feb and Mar 2012 Application. I know today is the deadline for Jan and Feb 2012 applicants but we cannot give up if PRs aren't send today... I have seen a lot of applicants from Jan, Feb and Mar 2012 receiving PR these past weeks... More PR will come in these coming days for sure... we have to be patients even though some days are harder than others... Lets try to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best. :)
in my GCMS notes, due date for processing of my application is 6/21/2013, I am not sure what that means?
COSHX, may be you could advise?

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
iblueberry said:
I agree unless it's an Educational institute. But on vacation or not, CIC can't process our files slower. I challenge CIC on this!

And @ ibluberry --- Why only Jan - Mar 2012 applicants? Why not include April, May and June 2012 applicants? Are they somehow the most forgotten of forgotten class? Oh well.... you may be right..... We are perhaps the "UNLUCKIEST OF UNLUCKY ONES". :)

coshx

May 8, 2013
samlogani said:
in my GCMS notes, due date for processing of my application is 6/21/2013, I am not sure what that means?
COSHX, may be you could advise?
@ Samlogani: Is the date under 'application assignment (page 2 of GCMS notes)' by the Officer? If yes, don't rely on that due date as the officer can issue you PPR before then. It is the date that the officer sets for himself to complete your application. When my file was created in 2012, it had a due date of March 2013. But since that date has passed even before officer reviewed it, he set a new due date for Aug 2013. But I got PPR in May 2013.

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coshx said:
@ Samlogani: Is the date under 'application assignment (page 2 of GCMS notes)' by the Officer? If yes, don't rely on that due date as the officer can issue you PPR before then. It is the date that the officer sets for himself to complete your application. When my file was created in 2012, it had a due date of March 2013. But since that date has passed even before officer reviewed it, he set a new due date for Aug 2013. But I got PPR in May 2013.
@cOSHX: you are right

it says on 2nd page:
App assignment:
Assigned to : some LN officer
assigned by: Same officer
Due date: 21/6/2013

prabz

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa