25-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
AMZA said:
So you guys. Everything is done one my end and for my partner too. I just need ppr. I'm in process since April 11. My question is; in that infamous reply email it said our batch jan and feb2012 applicants would hear something by may 31. That's less than 10 days. What does that mean? Because they said it doesn't mean finalize it. So what does it mean that due date for us?
I think it only means CIC will start to review Jan-Feb 2012 applications by the end of the May 2013.
I ordered my gcmsnotes in March. My medical was passed, and the Criminality Check was In Progress, but the security check wasn't started yet. Do you guys know how long it will take CIC to complete the security check?

coshx

May 8, 2013
Vault0109 said:
I think it only means CIC will start to review Jan-Feb 2012 applications by the end of the May 2013.
I ordered my gcmsnotes in March. My medical was passed, and the Criminality Check was In Progress, but the security check wasn't started yet. Do you guys know how long it will take CIC to complete the security check?
Like I said in previous quote sometime last week, many Jan - June 2012 applicant already passed criminality but they don't know. until the officer opens the file before everything will be there. If officer opens it & it's not passed, then there's an issue somewhere.
By the way, do you know why application of the married ones take longer? It's because when your 'Criminality' was started (in progress), the one for your spouse is 'Not Started'. That's why the officer quickly starts everything once he does the initial review. One another note, I actually expect that both criminality should be started at the same time because most married people are from the same countries. So, the checks should be done at the same time.

Reactions: anniegreat

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
Sask government has made a bunch of rule changes regarding Sinp ... and rumor is that new rule which will stop new provincial nominees to move out of the province is in the pipeline!! i am really scared... i want to move out ...

coshx

May 8, 2013
sulav787 said:
Sask government has made a bunch of rule changes regarding Sinp ... and rumor is that new rule which will stop new provincial nominees to move out of the province is in the pipeline!! i am really scared... i want to move out ...
Sulav787: No such rules exist for now. It is the federal that issues PR. The province only nominates. Nomination as you know is one way of becoming PR. In the right of PR, you can move to any province of your choice.
Except the Federal makes a law banning all provincial nominated PR from moving to another province within specified number of years, I don't think people should not move. What I know is that nominated applicants must be physically present in the province before becoming PR.
You can cite any example you know that is making you have this fear.

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
coshx said:
Sulav787: No such rules exist for now. It is the federal that issues PR. The province only nominates. Nomination as you know is one way of becoming PR. In the right of PR, you can move to any province of your choice.
Except the Federal makes a law banning all provincial nominated PR from moving to another province within specified number of years, I don't think people should not move. What I know is that nominated applicants must be physically present in the province before becoming PR.
You can cite any example you know that is making you have this fear.
rumor is federal govern is about to make some changes... that would suck....

raihan850

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
coshx said:
Hi raihan850. My passport was delivered to CPP-Ottawa on May 16. I'm waiting for the passport...It seems Ottawa is now fast in issuing PR visa as fast as 8 days.
How did you find that

singh.gurjaspal

Mar 1, 2012
San Jose
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-212
Med's Done....
27-04-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
But it does make sense yea...We are nominated by the province so that we can help grow their economy and add to their manpower and we claim that in all the documents of intent. If we do not live in that province and add to its economy, why should they nominate us which ultimately lands us PR. If you wanna live in some other province file PR with them and that is if they allow you. The premiers from these provinces fight with Federal every now and then and spend so much money to bring people to their province and help them get Permanent Residency, not to see them go..Do they?

blindsniper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
Med's Request
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Interview........
In Process- May 15, 2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
singh.gurjaspal said:
But it does make sense yea...We are nominated by the province so that we can help grow their economy and add to their manpower and we claim that in all the documents of intent. If we do not live in that province and add to its economy, why should they nominate us which ultimately lands us PR. If you wanna live in some other province file PR with them and that is if they allow you. The premiers from these provinces fight with Federal every now and then and spend so much money to bring people to their province and help them get Permanent Residency, not to see them go..Do they?
all that you said is fine ... but what if someone gets a chance to study to a better university in some other province or gets a better job offer from other province ... why should he be bounded to stay in the province and not have the right to choose better options for himself/herself. my friend applied number of jobs in saskatchewan but failed to get a job after pr in 3 months having worked previously in sask. for 2 yrs ... he decided to apply jobs in alberta, manitoba and got a job with a much better pay than in sask. and decided to move ... he intended to stay here but could not find a job... there should be no clause whatsoever bounding a permanent resident of canada to live in 1 province ...

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
singh.gurjaspal said:
come on man...this is Canada and they can't hold us hostage in here... the pr card says you are a permanent resident of Canada not a temporary foreign worker of Saskatchewan... if someone is forced to live in one province then half of the population of Canada will be in Ontario and to stop 5000 people from Saskatchewan to move to some other province federal government will have to deal with the overpopulation issue in Ontario as Ontario also has some kind of PNP program i believe!!

singh.gurjaspal

Mar 1, 2012
San Jose
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-212
Med's Done....
27-04-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
blindsniper said:
all that you said is fine ... but what if someone gets a chance to study to a better university in some other province or gets a better job offer from other province ... why should he be bounded to stay in the province and not have the right to choose better options for himself/herself. my friend applied number of jobs in saskatchewan but failed to get a job after pr in 3 months having worked previously in sask. for 2 yrs ... he decided to apply jobs in alberta, manitoba and got a job with a much better pay than in sask. and decided to move ... he intended to stay here but could not find a job... there should be no clause whatsoever bounding a permanent resident of canada to live in 1 province ...
In that case I strongly believe you are allowed to do that and will be allowed to do that in future as well. I do not know about other provinces but Manitoba province understands this and will let you move to other province if they are satisfied that your intent was to stay in Manitoba and also you let them know before moving. If you tried living in the province and could not find a job or you want to go to a different province for studies is fine. But what some people do is that they would not even try. They would do their landing and than move out and I hold the belief that in that case, they should be thrown out as it is betrayal with the province which brought them to Canada.

singh.gurjaspal

Mar 1, 2012
San Jose
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-212
Med's Done....
27-04-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
sulav787 said:
come on man...this is Canada and they can't hold us hostage in here... the pr card says you are a permanent resident of Canada not a temporary foreign worker of Saskatchewan... if someone is forced to live in one province then half of the population of Canada will be in Ontario and to stop 5000 people from Saskatchewan to move to some other province federal government will have to deal with the overpopulation issue in Ontario as Ontario also has some kind of PNP program i believe!!
I am sorry brother, but you will get the Permanent Residency to "Canada" because that province agreed to let you in. I mean there are other ways, but this is the easiest and that is why we took this route, yea? Also, Permanent Residency has always been temporary, that is why it's not called Citizenship and in some cases where they have revoked Citizenship even, I am afraid even that is not permanent.

Also, regarding your point that Ontario will be full with Immigrants if such controls are put in place, I'll explain it with numbers. From 2005 to 2009 only 1247 people were nominated by Ontario compared to 13089 by Manitoba and 4155 by Saskatchewan. This is because, Ontario already has a lot of immigration from Family Reunification, FSW and Marriages, hence PNP was put in place so that more people could come to these provinces with lower immigration and help them grow. For example at this point Ontario can nominate only 1000 people every year compared to 5000 by Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Moreover, I do not know about you but when I filed for PNP, I wrote so many things to Province of Manitoba in my Letter of Intent about how I will make sure that I live in Manitoba and help it grow and boost. I will pay taxes to Province of manitoba etc etc...and then they Nominated me. If I was to leave than what happened to all my promises that I made to Province?

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
singh.gurjaspal said:
I am sorry brother, but you will get the Permanent Residency to "Canada" because that province agreed to let you in. I mean there are other ways, but this is the easiest and that is why we took this route, yea? Also, Permanent Residency has always been temporary, that is why it's not called Citizenship and in some cases where they have revoked Citizenship even, I am afraid even that is not permanent.

Also, regarding your point that Ontario will be full with Immigrants if such controls are put in place, I'll explain it with numbers. From 2005 to 2009 only 1247 people were nominated by Ontario compared to 13089 by Manitoba and 4155 by Saskatchewan. This is because, Ontario already has a lot of immigration from Family Reunification, FSW and Marriages, hence PNP was put in place so that more people could come to these provinces with lower immigration and help them grow. For example at this point Ontario can nominate only 1000 people every year compared to 5000 by Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Moreover, I do not know about you but when I filed for PNP, I wrote so many things to Province of Manitoba in my Letter of Intent about how I will make sure that I live in Manitoba and help it grow and boost. I will pay taxes to Province of manitoba etc etc...and then they Nominated me. If I was to leave than what happened to all my promises that I made to Province?
i have been living here in Saskatchewan for almost 3 yrs now... and i know its very difficult to get a job in my field... i might not be able to change my job due to my bonded work permit but after living in this province for 3 yrs waiting for my Pr i know that its quite tough to get a job in my field and moreover the colleges here do not offer the course i am planning to study... i have already lived here for 3 yrs and paid enough taxes idk if you know this but saskatchewan residents pay the highest tax all over canada..

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh.gurjaspal said:
In that case I strongly believe you are allowed to do that and will be allowed to do that in future as well. I do not know about other provinces but Manitoba province understands this and will let you move to other province if they are satisfied that your intent was to stay in Manitoba and also you let them know before moving. If you tried living in the province and could not find a job or you want to go to a different province for studies is fine. But what some people do is that they would not even try. They would do their landing and than move out and I hold the belief that in that case, they should be thrown out as it is betrayal with the province which brought them to Canada.
Dear gurjaspal, bringing a person or family in canada means something else, but students were already here and they never signed any document to showing any kind of intent to live in saskatchewan atleast.
Nominating a student for PR required only one condition about hour and time in the province on any job. which was satisfied before nomination and there was not even a single line written in the international student section about the intent of living in the province after PR.