+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your thoughts in my case..delay of AOR

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
Hi Everyone,

am new to this forum. Plz provide me some help with AOR issues

I have submitted my final PR application to my lawyer in first week of JUly. He told me that he applied in third week of July. I still haven't got my AOR number and not even my cc was charged. I am suspecting that he applied in last week of August instead of July. Talked to him last week about my AOR number, he said my application is under processing and is in scrutiny docket, where 10% of the applications should go through this and they will scrutiny thoroughly the application before issuing the AOR number.

If he would have applied in jUly, I would have received Aor by now

Is there anything like 10% of the applications are initially scrutinized before issuing AOR? or they will barely go through the checklist?

In case if my application has rejected, how do I receive the communication from CIC?

Can I contact CIC to know status of my application? if so plz provide me Email or # to contact

Am very much worried about delay of my AOR, Please share your thoughts in my case

Mrsharma

Sep 20, 2014
First thing is that you should take reciept of post. By which you will know when actually he send your file& when cic recieve by tracking number. And can you please tell when did you cc charged.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
First off the lawyers are there for you to trust! Seems like you don't trust your lawyer.

Secondly, how the hell that 10% came up? I've been here for a while and never ever heard of such thing! If you think that your lawyer has applied at the end of August, then, just give it a little bit more time. Otherwise try to contact the CIC, call them up and see if you can dig deeper.

Unfortunately without AOR there's not much you can do! Best if you follow up with your Client ID number. This can be found on any official document issued to you by Canada Government.

Thirdly you can always explain your situation to your local MP (member of parliament) and they can follow up on your behalf. Just google your area name + member of parliament. Take down the address and go to their office, or call to make an arrangement.

In case your application is not complete, they will send you back the whole package, if your CC gets charged and your application found complete but gets rejected later, they will notify you/your lawyer via email or mail.

Calm down, this not the end of the world. Just make sure your lawyer has sent the package. As Mrsharma mentioned, ask for a receipt, he is getting paid for his service after all.

Best of luck,

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
Hey, Thx for the reply.

hez twisting the worlds when I am asking the questions about my AOR. that made me stop trusting him. I should have asked him for receipt when he said he applied in July. just because it will seem like not trusting him, I didn't asked him.

My CC is not yet charged. My CC would have been charged by now if he applied in either JUly r even by end of August. I saw a guy posted who applied in last days of August got his cc charged.

have you seen any cases where AOR process taking more time than usual?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
harryreddy said:
Hey, Thx for the reply.

hez twisting the worlds when I am asking the questions about my AOR. that made me stop trusting him. I should have asked him for receipt when he said he applied in July. just because it will seem like not trusting him, I didn't asked him.

My CC is not yet charged. My CC would have been charged by now if he applied in either JUly r even by end of August. I saw a guy posted who applied in last days of August got his cc charged.

have you seen any cases where AOR process taking more time than usual?
Yeap sometimes it happens but very rarely. Why don't you track this spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/1ygf5No , there are still a lot of people waiting for their AOR from August. You have a lot of time on your hands.

Stay calm, I'm pretty sure you'll receive your AOR in no time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Have you tried checking online yet? I know you say your credit card hasn't been charged yet, but give it a shot.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Also, you can contact CIO directly, just because you have a lawyer doesn't mean they won't talk to you - it's your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-after.asp

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
harryreddy said:
Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my final PR application to my lawyer in first week of JUly. He told me that he applied in third week of July. I still haven't got my AOR number and not even my cc was charged. I am suspecting that he applied in last week of August instead of July. Talked to him last week about my AOR number, he said my application is under processing and is in scrutiny docket, where 10% of the applications should go through this and they will scrutiny thoroughly the application before issuing the AOR number.

Is there anything like 10% of the applications are initially scrutinized before issuing AOR? or they will barely go through the checklist?

In case if my application has rejected, how do I receive the communication from CIC?

Can I contact CIC to know status of my application? if so plz provide me Email or # to contact

Am very much worried about delay of my AOR, Please share your thoughts in my case
Is there anything like 10% of the applications are initially scrutinized before issuing AOR ". I have never heard this before there is nothing to be scrutinized before AOR :eek: :eek: :eek: Why in the world there would be scrutiny at first place before AOR ??? If lawyer has said that being in your place I would have lost trust immediately.

Your application before AOR can't be rejected , ironically it will be returned .

I am personally anticipating that did even your Lawyer sent the application , Do you have any proof , Like Tracking number of package is showing as Delivered ?

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
Gurindar said:
Is there anything like 10% of the applications are initially scrutinized before issuing AOR ". I have never heard this before there is nothing to be scrutinized before AOR :eek: :eek: :eek: Why in the world there would be scrutiny at first place before AOR ??? If lawyer has said that being in your place I would have lost trust immediately.

Your application before AOR can't be rejected , ironically it will be returned .

I am personally anticipating that did even your Lawyer sent the application , Do you have any proof , Like Tracking number of package is showing as Delivered ?

I inquired many people about the initial scrutiny before the issuing AOR, nobody heard of such thing happened so far. I completely realized that my lawyer has not applied in July. just for the reason to cover up his delay to apply he is saying all this scrap. I asked him to send me a confirmation of my application applied date and waiting for his response.

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
It is ironic how some lawyers screw you up after they have taken your money. I was working with this lawyer on my PNP file and she told me she will send my file herself. Back then I was not checking this forum but I knew from my friends that AINP sends confirmation emails once they receive the documents. After 1 month of my documents being received by AINP, I was asking my lawyer to see if she has received anything and she was saying: "No I have not received anything" and when I was asking her to follow up, she was saying they might get pissed and delay your file if you inquire about your file too many times, "just let it take its natural route". Long story short, after 4 months I decided to call AINP office myself to follow-up. The first 3 call centre agents told me that they could not disclose file-specific info over phone but I kept trying until one of them was convinced to look into my file. She told me that they had sent 2 emails to my lawyer, 1 for confirmation of receipt and 1 for file number. She was just too busy or too incompetent to see those emails. I had a really hard time to get my file number but I did it. I kicked the lawyer out of my file and I will definitely sue her if she doesn't return my fees.
The lessons I learned are:
First of all the relation between you and the lawyer is a professional relationship and you are the client who pays him and he has to work for you. Do not be shy and don't be afraid to ask for any documentation. Remember trust is to earned and your lawyer has lost yours for sure and it is his responsibility to earn it back.
Try to contact your MP and explain the situation to them. A friend of mine contacted his MP and she followed up on his behalf to get his PR.
Just remember you are just 1 client out of hundreds for the lawyer and he might not necessarily care about you. PR is one of the most important stages of an immigrant's life and most of the times you are the best person to follow up your file just because you care the most.

Stay calm and just keep on your lawyer and also try to follow up through your MP. I am sure it will be alright if you do your best. I hope it doesn't come to that point but if the lawyer insists on his crap, you can file a complaint with cic here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp

Best of Luck

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
ashlireza said:
It is ironic how some lawyers screw you up after they have taken your money. I was working with this lawyer on my PNP file and she told me she will send my file herself. Back then I was not checking this forum but I knew from my friends that AINP sends confirmation emails once they receive the documents. After 1 month of my documents being received by AINP, I was asking my lawyer to see if she has received anything and she was saying: "No I have not received anything" and when I was asking her to follow up, she was saying they might get pissed and delay your file if you inquire about your file too many times, "just let it take its natural route". Long story short, after 4 months I decided to call AINP office myself to follow-up. The first 3 call centre agents told me that they could not disclose file-specific info over phone but I kept trying until one of them was convinced to look into my file. She told me that they had sent 2 emails to my lawyer, 1 for confirmation of receipt and 1 for file number. She was just too busy or too incompetent to see those emails. I had a really hard time to get my file number but I did it. I kicked the lawyer out of my file and I will definitely sue her if she doesn't return my fees.

Thanks for the information dude. I cosent an email to cic for update in my file and also emailed my lawyer. He said we will review application in details this weekend. I strongly suspect there is something fishy goin with my application and done by lawyer. thinking to meet local MP today

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryreddy said:
Hi Everyone,

agree all of above, when I read the 10% , I can't stop laughing.

there is an obvious logical error in your lawyer's saying. How he/she be a lawyer.

if he/she know you unfortunately falling into the 10%, then he/she must have build connection with the CIC officer.

if so, there would be some email record, if it is call, there would be a call number.

so you can use the email or call number to confirm it and for further question.

also you should check all the receipt from the beginning.

forget this, collection evidence to sue the lawyer after you really submit your application.

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
Hi All,

I have contacted My local MP office to find out what is going on with my application. I only got update about my work permit extension which I have applied on sep25th and they said my extension is still under processing. But surprisingly they can't be able to trace my PR application with my client ID number as per the applied date(as told JUly 3rd week by my lawyer). I was wondering what might be the case. Assuming my lawyer sent my application in some time September. If they haven't opened my file yet, wouldn't be CIC able to trace my application?

I asked my lawyer about the courier tracking receipt to know when he has sent my application. He said he will provide me soon.

As soon as CIC has received the application, they can be able to track the details about the application by providing the client id? and in my case what might be the reason that they can't track my application?

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
agree all of above, when I read the 10% , I can't stop laughing.

there is an obvious logical error in your lawyer's saying. How he/she be a lawyer.

if he/she know you unfortunately falling into the 10%, then he/she must have build connection with the CIC officer.

if so, there would be some email record, if it is call, there would be a call number.

so you can use the email or call number to confirm it and for further question.

also you should check all the receipt from the beginning.

forget this, collection evidence to sue the lawyer after you really submit your application.

Hi All,

I have contacted My local MP office to find out what is going on with my application. I only got update about my work permit extension which I have applied on sep25th and they said my extension is still under processing. But surprisingly they can't be able to trace my PR application with my client ID number as per the applied date(as told JUly 3rd week by my lawyer). I was wondering what might be the case. Assuming my lawyer sent my application in some time September. If they haven't opened my file yet, wouldn't be CIC able to trace my application?

I asked my lawyer about the courier tracking receipt to know when he has sent my application. He said he will provide me soon.

As soon as CIC has received the application, they can be able to track the details about the application by providing the client id? and in my case what might be the reason that they can't track my application?

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
harryreddy said:
Hi All,

CIC cant access/trace ur file as soon as they received it.They will place it in the que and waits(AOR Wait period) for initial checks.once everything is ok they will assign the File number to that hard copies and enter into the system.Till then your file cant be traced using any of the ID's.
And with reagards to the Delivery receipt , why cant your lawyer provide right away.its just forwarding the mail to you with the receipt.
With reagrds to your BOWP , as of today cic is processing Septem 15th applications and the processing time is 59 days.So you might hear some thing very soon.