+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help. PGWP Questionnaire.

nooreong2

Dec 1, 2012
I think I made a mistake while I was answering the questionnaire for PGWP.
More than 10 years ago, my mother applied for PR and the application was refused. At that time I was a dependent and she included me as a dependent child in her application. But because I, myself, have never applied for PR, I answered "No" to the question of "Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?" But I already submitted the application for PWGP online. I don't know if any of you with knowlege can help me to fix this problem? Should I call the CIC and ask them if I can make an ammendment to my application explaining my situation? I don't know... Please help me... I am so frustrated...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment so do not take my word for it but my view would be that the question specifically asks 'have you' submitted a PR application previously not has any family member submitted on your behalf as a minor dependent.

So, and I stress this is a personal view, NO would be the correct answer given the PR application was in your mothers name as primary applicant with you as a dependent so the application was refused based on your mothers input. Out of interest what did you answer for any similar question for your study permit .

Hopefully others will contribute with a view.

Last edited:

Meefah

Jun 27, 2022
I think I made a mistake while I was answering the questionnaire for PGWP.
More than 10 years ago, my mother applied for PR and the application was refused. At that time I was a dependent and she included me as a dependent child in her application. But because I, myself, have never applied for PR, I answered "No" to the question of "Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?" But I already submitted the application for PWGP online. I don't know if any of you with knowlege can help me to fix this problem? Should I call the CIC and ask them if I can make an ammendment to my application explaining my situation? I don't know... Please help me... I am so frustrated...
Hoe did it go?