+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: New baby born outside Canada before landing

Matt83

Apr 30, 2014
I'm really troubled. I'm the principal applicant under the APNP residing in Canada and my wife resides outside Canada. We were issued a permanent resident visa in July 6, 2014 and my wife gave birth July 28 (probably earlier than expected). I informed the CPP Ottawa and forward to them the baby's birth certificate and international passport, made the necessary payment of $150 for the baby and completed the additional family forms including the background forms all in August 20, 2014. My fear is that we have not heard anything from them. The PR visa granted to us will expire December 25, 2014. I just worried that they may ask us to start all over again. I have sent several emails and fax, they only acknowledge receipt in August 24, 2014 and since then no information. Please kindly advise if you been through or experience that situation and how many months it took you to include your baby and whether you got a new PR Visa for the family. Thanks

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Matt83 said:
I'm really troubled. I'm the principal applicant under the APNP residing in Canada and my wife resides outside Canada. We were issued a permanent resident visa in July 6, 2014 and my wife gave birth July 28 (probably earlier than expected). I informed the CPP Ottawa and forward to them the baby's birth certificate and international passport, made the necessary payment of $150 for the baby and completed the additional family forms including the background forms all in August 20, 2014. My fear is that we have not heard anything from them. The PR visa granted to us will expire December 25, 2014. I just worried that they may ask us to start all over again. I have sent several emails and fax, they only acknowledge receipt in August 24, 2014 and since then no information. Please kindly advise if you been through or experience that situation and how many months it took you to include your baby and whether you got a new PR Visa for the family. Thanks
I don't think you can add any body after the PR is granted. Not even new born. You will need to sponsor your child now. You can consider to get visitor visa for your child to bring with you in Canada.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt83 said:
On one of the questions for "Ready for Visa Letter", they asked you about status change that may include giving birth. Sample letter from Toby's website: <http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/sample-ppr.html> Did you inform CPC-O during that time?