+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me

Printshade

Mar 18, 2017
My mum was refused visit visa last year,
Reason was she didn't show enough tires and assets.
My brother n I are old and mum doesn't have any asset.
She makes enough to take care of herself and we send her allowance whenever we want to.

What documents can we put together to support a new application please if we cannot show assets. Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You'll have to post more details so that we can advise.

1. What were the exact reasons for refusal?

2. For how long did your mom want to visit?

3. Does your mom own property/land in her home country? Has she traveled abroad earlier? Does she live with other family members?

4. I'm assuming she is employed (based on your post). Can she get the requisite documentation from her employers for a TRV?

5. Can she prove that she can afford the visit without borrowing from you/your brother?

Cheers

Printshade

Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for your response.

Reasons for refusal:

1.I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds including income and assets to carry out your stated purpose to Canada or maintain yourself while in Canada and effect your departure .

2. You have not shown enough documentation of income and assets of you and host.

We did give statement and work contract for both my husband and I.

We didn't show for my mum though.. Cos she doesn't really use her account or have any tangible amount expect we run her account.

Plus she doesn't have asset or land at the moment.

She was planning on staying for 3months to help with baby.

So when you mean without borrowing, this means she has to show proof of funds?

Bryanna said:
Hi,

You'll have to post more details so that we can advise.

1. What were the exact reasons for refusal?

2. For how long did your mom want to visit?

3. Does your mom own property/land in her home country? Has she traveled abroad earlier? Does she live with other family members?

4. I'm assuming she is employed (based on your post). Can she get the requisite documentation from her employers for a TRV?

5. Can she prove that she can afford the visit without borrowing from you/your brother?

Cheers

yesam2017

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
You need to write an invitation letter for you mum. In that state that you will take care of your mum when she is here. I am assuming that is the case. Then write something to the tune of "We guarantee in our personal capacity that if Immigration Canada allows (Your mom's name), admission into Canada and issues visitor’s visa for that purpose, he will be provided with all accommodation including food, lodging and healthcare(if necessary) throughout his stay in Canada.".

Printshade

Mar 18, 2017
yesam2017 said:
Hi,
You need to write an invitation letter for you mum. In that state that you will take care of your mum when she is here. I am assuming that is the case. Then write something to the tune of "We guarantee in our personal capacity that if Immigration Canada allows (Your mom's name), admission into Canada and issues visitor’s visa for that purpose, he will be provided with all accommodation including food, lodging and healthcare(if necessary) throughout his stay in Canada.".

Thank you. Will add that to new letter. Will appreciate any other advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Printshade said:
We did give statement and work contract for both my husband and I.

We didn't show for my mum though.. Cos she doesn't really use her account or have any tangible amount expect we run her account.

Plus she doesn't have asset or land at the moment.

She was planning on staying for 3months to help with baby.
Based on the documentation you had submitted, your mom's application was a clear case for an instant refusal:
1. She didn't prove that she could afford the visit = financially dependent on you

2. A 3-months visit = no strong ties to her home country

3. Coming to help with the baby = working illegally on a TRV

For a TRV, your mom must be able to afford her visit (without borrowing from anyone + this must match her declared sources of income). Typically (unofficially) this would work out to about CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare.

She must include her bank statements + ITRs (if available) + pay stubs + financial investments, etc

Your mom must keep her visit to 2-3 weeks max. Saying she is visiting to take care of your baby is a no-no. She must prove she is a genuine visitor (sightseeing, meeting family, etc).

You haven't given much information for us to advise on how your mom can prove that she has strong/some ties to return home to

Printshade

Mar 18, 2017
Oh my.. Thanks alot this is an eye opener.
We didn't mention she was coming to help with the baby, however we didn't put it the way u did.

As per tires, mum is a chef in a company she has a land she is paying for so she doesn't have the deed yet, can we Include payment receipt? Who that help?

Also we will include the employment letter and pay slips
A return ticket? We are just not sure what else we can add to prove tires.

Thanks for your support.

yesam2017

Apr 3, 2017
Printshade said:
Oh my.. Thanks alot this is an eye opener.
We didn't mention she was coming to help with the baby, however we didn't put it the way u did.

As per tires, mum is a chef in a company she has a land she is paying for so she doesn't have the deed yet, can we Include payment receipt? Who that help?

Also we will include the employment letter and pay slips
A return ticket? We are just not sure what else we can add to prove tires.

Thanks for your support.

My reply: Yes please include the payment slips for your mom. Never mention taking care of baby. In reality she is going to spend time with baby. if there is anything else like your sibiling living there