+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - Citizenship not granted

koor

Jul 5, 2012
This is strange and worrying. I'm an Irish citizen by birth and I visit Ireland at least once per year along with other EU countries. Our passports are never stamped due to free movement of EU citizens. I say it's strange because I know many EU citizens who have gotten their Canadian citizenship with no issues. It's not like IRCC are not aware of how passports work in the EU.
It also depends on the case officer; in a good/bad mood, not aware of free movement of EU citizens e.g. in my wife's case. So I would suggest you to be prepared for the worst. Bring along your tickets, boarding passes, health records etc.

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is strange and worrying. I'm an Irish citizen by birth and I visit Ireland at least once per year along with other EU countries. Our passports are never stamped due to free movement of EU citizens. I say it's strange because I know many EU citizens who have gotten their Canadian citizenship with no issues. It's not like IRCC are not aware of how passports work in the EU.
I have the exact same worry. Don't have any stamps in my 5 yr eligibility period, was unemployed for some of it and did not visit a doctor in that time. Hope it goes ok for us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately my wife's credit record won't count as the case officer said because we had a joint account until recently. However, we are pulling together dental and other appointments.
Check your credit card statements. We have a joint account too - however each of us has our own card of course. The credit card statements clearly show which activity was on my credit card and which was on his.