waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
BESTLUCK said:
I think my husband got the approval as a sponsor, but really no real move for 5.5 years.

I don't want to be the one tell horrible story, but it is true!!!!!

We have submit for an official complain, required a hearing, and then hired a lawyer and request another hearing. All they do is just follow up a bit and ask for several questions and then nothing!
where is the applicant from, and what is the general processing time for that office?

also, have you reached out to the sponsor's member of parliament? generally, they are able to get more information than applicants, sponsors and attorneys. how can a hearing be requested if a decision hasn't been made yet?

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
where is the applicant from, and what is the general processing time for that office?

also, have you reached out to the sponsor's member of parliament? generally, they are able to get more information than applicants, sponsors and attorneys. how can a hearing be requested if a decision hasn't been made yet?
We are in Toronto, have get the letter from member of parliament, and we also have been able for find some connection and request a hearing.

Also we paid an expensive lawyer to arrange second hearing!

We have done a lot....

I know it is a bad story, that is why I want some positive reply here

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
BESTLUCK said:
We are in Toronto, have get the letter from member of parliament, and we also have been able for find some connection and request a hearing.

Also we paid an expensive lawyer to arrange second hearing!

We have done a lot....

I know it is a bad story, that is why I want some positive reply here
the applicant is not FROM Toronto, since they are applying for permanent residency. where was the applicant BORN and which country OUTSIDE OF CANADA is the application being processed in?

i am not talking about getting a "letter" from your MP. I'm talking about asking your mp to CALL CIC on your behalf and ask them about the file. CIC MUST respond to an mp's request for information within a certain amount of days.

svetlana

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BUCHAREST
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: 02/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
jan.2012/ 16/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
are you living in toronto together at the moment? where are u from?

svetlana

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BUCHAREST
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
jan.2012/ 16/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
I dont understand why are u in Toronto...u are applying outland? and why did u ask for hearing if no decision was taken yet...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
A couple of things grabbed my attention here.

I went back and read your original posts, OP. I suspect they were from your husband then.

He states he was awarded his citizenship in August 2014. Which means he was a PR previous to that time.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. You stated you have been together for 13 years. Your spouse has been trying to sponsor you for almost 6 years now. When did your husband become a PR of Canada himself?

Were you a common law couple (had been in a marriage like relationship living together in the same home for 12 months or more) or were you married at the time your husband applied for or became a PR of Canada?

I would need the answer to the questions I have asked in order to give you a better idea about what might be going on.

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
Alurra71 said:
A couple of things grabbed my attention here.

I went back and read your original posts, OP. I suspect they were from your husband then.

He states he was awarded his citizenship in August 2014. Which means he was a PR previous to that time.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. You stated you have been together for 13 years. Your spouse has been trying to sponsor you for almost 6 years now. When did your husband become a PR of Canada himself?

Were you a common law couple (had been in a marriage like relationship living together in the same home for 12 months or more) or were you married at the time your husband applied for or became a PR of Canada?

I would need the answer to the questions I have asked in order to give you a better idea about what might be going on.
Thank u for ur reply, we were live together before I got my EO. And I am not from some problem countries. Not from US or UK either where they can come back on easily after exclusion order is over.

Anyway, I am not come here to ask for help... I think we have tried everything we could...

Just want to see some positive lights. Anyone who has been receive exclusion order and able to get PR after that please share.

Or the immigration is lying about u could apply for PR even u got an exclusion order, they just want u to leave with no trouble.

Sorry I think I bring negative energy here

Again, thank u

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
BESTLUCK said:
Or the immigration is lying about u could apply for PR even u got an exclusion order, they just want u to leave with no trouble.
immigration is not lying to you. applying for PR (or student/work visa) is what they EXPECT you to do when you are given an exclusion order. as stated above, it's a way for them to ensure you are trying to enter the correct way. and as stated above, an expired exclusion order alone does not negatively affect your PR application. i'm sure if it's coupled with other red flags, it will certainly delay the processing. people generally are not rejected because of JUST an old exclusion order.

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
immigration is not lying to you. applying for PR (or student/work visa) is what they EXPECT you to do when you are given an exclusion order. as stated above, it's a way for them to ensure you are trying to enter the correct way. and as stated above, an expired exclusion order alone does not negatively affect your PR application. i'm sure if it's coupled with other red flags, it will certainly delay the processing, though people generally are not rejected because of JUST an old exclusion order.
Thank u again rhcohen2014, but I have to disagree, at least from my experiences. This is the reason I am here waiting for some different results.

svetlana

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BUCHAREST
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
jan.2012/ 16/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
The problem is that here are a lot of expert people that can help u. But we dont know your whole story. the problem that your file is pending..i think is not because of exclusion ( here are a lot of people on this forum that had succes stories after exclusion orders)...something is more than that.....if u tell us...maybe we can share opinions

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
BESTLUCK said:
Thank u again rhcohen2014, but I have to disagree, at least from my experiences. This is the reason I am here waiting for some different results.
i will guarantee your old exclusion order is NOT what is holding up your application. there are obviously other issues that complicate your case, so my guess is there is a lot more to it than just an old exclusion order. considering i had no issue, and many others have no issue with getting approved in normal time frames, there is something ELSE in play here.

svetlana

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BUCHAREST
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
jan.2012/ 16/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
rhcohen2014 said:
immigration is not lying to you. applying for PR (or student/work visa) is what they EXPECT you to do when you are given an exclusion order. as stated above, it's a way for them to ensure you are trying to enter the correct way. and as stated above, an expired exclusion order alone does not negatively affect your PR application. i'm sure if it's coupled with other red flags, it will certainly delay the processing. people generally are not rejected because of JUST an old exclusion order.
but we dont know if they were or not rejected...but why then they asked for hearing?????????????????????

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
svetlana said:
but we dont know if they were or not rejected...but why then they asked for hearing?????????????????????
it really doesn't matter. if the OP does not want to share the entire story or where the applicant is from on an open forum, that is their right. they asked a question, and we answered it based on our own experience. THAT is all we can do at this point.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
BESTLUCK said:
Thank u for ur reply, we were live together before I got my EO. And I am not from some problem countries. Not from US or UK either where they can come back on easily after exclusion order is over.

Anyway, I am not come here to ask for help... I think we have tried everything we could...

Just want to see some positive lights. Anyone who has been receive exclusion order and able to get PR after that please share.

Sorry I think I bring negative energy here

Again, thank u
You were asking if any positive responses have ever come from an exclusion order. The simple answer is yes, absolutely. Many of the people that post on this forum have successfully overcome an exclusion order. Just do a search for ARC in the search box and there are hundreds if not thousands of threads regarding ARC and exclusion orders.

The reason I asked you the questions that I did is because it would APPEAR that what is actually stopping you from becoming a PR is NOT the exclusion order, but instead it is because you are being excluded as a member of the family class because your husband did NOT originally list you on his application.

If this is the case, you are talking about an entirely different kind of an exclusion and that one is rarely, more likely never overcome.

If I am wrong about the reasons for your hold up, then my apologies, but your reluctance to answer any questions won't help your case. Getting 'feel good' answers aren't going to change the reality of the situation. If you want help to overcome the real issues in your case, then many here can and will assist you to the best of their ability, or will direct you to where you need to go to get the best assistance to overcome the problems. If you wish to get proper advice, that is up to you.

lonilondi

Aug 28, 2024
had an exclusion order 2011-2012. applied for PR in 2013, got approved in 2014. no issues or delays because of the exclusion order.

after the exclusion order was lifted, i was able to visit canada often. i was always pulled into secondary inspection and always had my proof of ties and/or proof of PR application with me. in the beginning they always looked at my ties, after my pr app was submitted, they just confirmd it was in their system. i never had to get an ARC (because i wasn't asking to enter before the ban lifted) and never had to do that document of reentry( not sure what it's called).
Hi, Im currently in the same boat i got a COPR outside of Canada and my exclusion order is over and im planning to travel to Canada soon to complete my landing. What was your experience at the point of entry? what questions did they ask? Did you have to show any documents or proof of anything. Your input is much appreciated.