+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please anybody help

Aug 13, 2012
Hi everybody, here's my situation. I applied my application for new work permit for new employer inside Canada last June 11, 2012 and they received it June 14. Then I call the CIC on September 18 and an agent told me that my work permit is already approved on Aug. 27 and they already mailed it and that agent told me also that I have the right to work because my work permit is already approved, even if I have the work permit paper in my hand because I really need to work . On October 8, I call again the CIC because I still did not received my work permit and the agent told me that they will reprint my work permit and send it through special letter and I have to wait for 2 weeks. Again that agent told me that I have the right to work even though I still did not receive my work permit paper because it is very delayed already. Until now Nov 1, 2012, I still don't have my work permit so I call again the CIC and an agent told me that I have to wait again maximum of 6 weeks until Nov. 22, 2012. I really need my work permit to renew all my documents that are already expired and I really really need to work, so is there any possible way to get my work permit faster, can I get it personally at CIC? because it is very very delayed already. Pls Help

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Have you moved or entered the incorrect address on your paperwork?

Maybe next time you speak to CIC agent, double check that they have the correct address for you.

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
Hi

What documents you need to renew? You have the right to work now so just keep waiting for your WP while you are working.
I just sent out my application my sin card and health card will be expired as well but i don't think i can renew my documents before i got the visa so just let it and wait and re-apply later if your employer allow you to work during that.

Aug 13, 2012
NicJohn said:
Have you moved or entered the incorrect address on your paperwork?

Maybe next time you speak to CIC agent, double check that they have the correct address for you.
Hello Nicjohn,

First of all, thank you for your response. When I called the CIC, I asked them to checked if it is input correctly and it is correct. Im really confuse and worried of what is happening with my work permit. I also called the postal, they told me that they will investigate what happen to my work permit but until now there's no call. Im really getting worried because all my documents are expired and I need them to renew.
What should I do next?

Aug 13, 2012
sypnicole said:
Hi

What documents you need to renew? You have the right to work now so just keep waiting for your WP while you are working.
I just sent out my application my sin card and health card will be expired as well but i don't think i can renew my documents before i got the visa so just let it and wait and re-apply later if your employer allow you to work during that.
Hi sypnicole,

First of all thank you so much for your wonderful reply. My documents that are expired are also my sin card and health card. I really need them to renew but I cant since I dont have yet my work paper in my hand. I told my employer what the agent told me that I have the right to work and she allow me to work. I work the day after I called the CIC confirming that I have the right to work. Im still scared and confused because I still dont have my work permit in my hands. Until now Im still waiting for my work permit. Thats why I called the post office and told them my situation. They told me that they will investigate what happen and call me back after 2-4 days. Its been a week, theres still no call from the post office. I called again the CIC, they told me that I have to wait for 6 weeks before they will reprint my work permit (for the third time) and checked again the address. My employer really need my work permit and getting impatience for its taking too long. Is it because of the tax purpose that my employer need my work permit? Ive waited too much, first LMO process then work pemit process and then this. Am i the only one who experienced this? or it also happen to others?