+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE ADVISE: No Canada Entry Stamps in Passport

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ItkExpert said:
When I noticed the missing entry it has been after I have been already slapped with the RQ so there was not point in contacting CBSA. If I had ordered the CBSA report before writing the exam I might have been able to discuss it with officer and avoided RQ (provided she liked me which I don't think was the case).

I have ordered 3 ATIPs already , none of them showing any real signs of progress.
Did you tally your STAMPS with Online Residence calculator as well as the CBSA report with online residence Calculator?
Did the officer during the test discussed about the missing entry?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Did you tally your STAMPS with Online Residence calculator as well as the CBSA report with online residence Calculator?
Did the officer during the test discussed about the missing entry?
The residence calculator matched the stamps in the passport. At the time I filled the application there was not specific consent for CIC to access CBSA. When I had the interview the officer asked me to sign such a consent form. She then checked my passport against the residence calculator and seemed to be crossing reported trips while she was flipping through the pages of the passport. She then said the everything is fine and that next step would be to check my CBSA records. A week later I got RQ.

My ATIP says the concerns that were identified before the test were not been able to be verified during the interview. However during the interview the officer did not express any concerns whatsoever . On a contrary she said all is fine. Perhaps if she would have expressed her concerns I would have been able to address them. But unfortunately I was not given a chance to take on what's up against me. I guess the officer deliberately wanted to s@@@@w me and did not even try to resolve the concerns during the test.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ItkExpert said:
The residence calculator matched the stamps in the passport. At the time I filled the application there was not specific consent for CIC to access CBSA. When I had the interview the officer asked me to sign such a consent form. She then checked my passport against the residence calculator and seemed to be crossing reported trips while she was flipping through the pages of the passport. She then said the everything is fine and that next step would be to check my CBSA records. A week later I got RQ.

My ATIP says the concerns that were identified before the test were not been able to be verified during the interview. However during the interview the officer did not express any concerns whatsoever . On a contrary she said all is fine. Perhaps if she would have expressed her concerns I would have been able to address them. But unfortunately I was not given a chance to take on what's up against me. I guess the officer deliberately wanted to s @ @ @ @ w me and did not even try to resolve the concerns during the test.
don't worry, you would be a citizen soon. my best wishes with you and good luck!

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -- 30th Nov 2011 PPR2 -- 19th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Respected Members,

I have same issue of "Entry Stamps" from USA. looking at the thread, it seems when yo uuse KISOK you dont have entry stamps, but i have not used the KISOK, we directly went to immigration officer he checked passports And PR and let us in.

Now i have to apply for citizenship, should i submit the CBSA report or wait for their instruction i am totally confused here. please advice.

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Kazmemon said:
Respected Members,

I have same issue of "Entry Stamps" from USA. looking at the thread, it seems when yo uuse KISOK you dont have entry stamps, but i have not used the KISOK, we directly went to immigration officer he checked passports And PR and let us in.

Now i have to apply for citizenship, should i submit the CBSA report or wait for their instruction i am totally confused here. please advice.

Thanks
Do not send in the CBSA report with application. Make sure you check "YES" under Section D History of Entries to Canada. You can take it with you at the test so that you have report ready if an agent has any questions about your travel after you write test.

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
screech339 said:
Do not send in the CBSA report with application. Make sure you check "YES" under Section D History of Entries to Canada. You can take it with you at the test so that you have report ready if an agent has any questions about your travel after you write test.
Thanks screech339, Making sure, i should Check = YES under Section D on CBSA report? and when its time for Written test and Interview i can take that with me?

Thanks again

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Kazmemon said:
Thanks screech339, Making sure, i should Check = YES under Section D on CBSA report? and when its time for Written test and Interview i can take that with me?

Thanks again
Yes. Check Yes under Section D on CBSA report.

You can take the CBSA report with you when you go write your test. Don't bring it up or show report unless it is needed.

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
screech339 said:

You can take the CBSA report with you when you go write your test. Don't bring it up or show report unless it is needed.
Awesome, Thanks screech339, Appreciated your input. Will apply next week

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
screech339 said:

What's the reason of not showing the report proactively? Will it affect anything? What are the pros and cons?

This way the person can avoid post test RQ by matching the dates/stamps with FOIA, CBSA record etc and discuss the same with the officer.

I know one good point that if the CIC officer is sure that the person meets the residency requirements regardless of the passport then at that point of time there is no point showing the CBSA/FOIA report.

Please input your thought.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thecoolguysam said:
What's the reason of not showing the report proactively? Will it affect anything? What are the pros and cons?

This way the person can avoid post test RQ by matching the dates/stamps with FOIA, CBSA record etc and discuss the same with the officer.

I know one good point that if the CIC officer is sure that the person meets the residency requirements regardless of the passport then at that point of time there is no point showing the CBSA/FOIA report.

This is purely my thinking. No difference from going to canada border and providing related answers to their question. No more, no less. By showing all the documents upfront sort of shows a "sense of desperation" on your part to the agent. An agent may view your action as overkill when you are providing documentation when they didn't ask for it. It is like "why are you providing all this documentation when I haven't asked for it", "you got something to hide"? That sort of thing.

I would treat the test/interview as if I am approaching the Canada border and only answer what asked. Would not volunteer any more information than asked for. If there was an issue with travel records, I would then bring it up to back yourself up.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
screech339 said:
This is purely my thinking. No difference from going to canada border and providing related answers to their question. No more, no less. By showing all the documents upfront sort of shows a "sense of desperation" on your part to the agent. An agent may view your action as overkill when you are providing documentation when they didn't ask for it. It is like "why are you providing all this documentation when I haven't asked for it", "you got something to hide"? That sort of thing.

I would treat the test/interview as if I am approaching the Canada border and only answer what asked. Would not volunteer any more information than asked for. If there was an issue with travel records, I would then bring it up to back yourself up.
Good thought :)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Records of entry and records of exit

Nainarvet said:
CBSA definitely would have record of all your entries into Canada.
Not necessarily. The more recent the more complete these tend to be, subject to various reasons why they might not be complete . . . including some deliberate reasons, which is something CIC looks for.

In particular, in two recent decisions Madam Justice Gagné, for example, has specifically cited a warning regarding the lack of reliability of the information contained in the CBSA's ICES. In both the Salam (2015 FC 427) case, and the Saad 2 (2015 FC 245) case, Justice Gagné quoted the following:

"Note: CBSA report has limitations. Even if the client would have provided a record from CBSA, the exits of Canada are NOT recorded by CBSA. In addition, the entries are only indicated in the report if a travel document (passport or permanent resident card) has been scanned. Travel documents are not systematically scanned at Canada’s points of entry. Finally, we can’t rely on the passport only since many countries do not stamp the passport when travellers enter and exit a country but rather stamp travel cards for example. This is the case for Lebanon. Also, clients may have more than one passport valid at the same time."

Decision to issue RQ:

bambino said:
I respectfully disagree :) The key phrase here is "on the balance of probabilities", meaning is it more likely than not. The evidence before the officer was sufficient to decide that. The CBSA report may help prove almost conclusively that these were the precise return dates, but that is NOT the required standard of proof.
The interview is not a hearing. The interviewer is not making a decision determining whether or not the applicant meets the qualifications for citizenship. The standard of proof (beyond a balance of probabilities) is NOT relevant to this step in the process.

The interviewer is primarily (1) verifying documents and information in the application, and (2) otherwise gathering information. So far as I have seen in the reports, it appears that the interviewer is often, if not usually, not the citizenship officer who will decide the case.

In a sense, of course the issuance of RQ is a decision but it is not a formal decision subject to the reasonableness standard let alone one that must meet the balance of probabilities standard of proof.

ItkExpert said:
When I noticed the missing entry it has been after I have been already slapped with the RQ so there was not point in contacting CBSA. If I had ordered the CBSA report before writing the exam I might have been able to discuss it with officer and avoided RQ (provided she liked me which I don't think was the case).

I have ordered 3 ATIPs already , none of them showing any real signs of progress.
Generally an applicant can do something in the interview which triggers concerns and might cause the issuance of RQ. Giving answers inconsistent with the information in the file, for example, or presenting a passport with stamps inconsistent with declared travel, or failing to present all relevant passports.

But there is little the applicant can do to avoid RQ. There may be some very close calls where what the applicant brings or how the applicant answers questions will avoid the issuance of RQ . . . and, well, there are some situations in which CIC has a specific question or such that when posed to the applicant, the applicant's response can satisfy the concern . . . but generally, the interview is not a hearing, not an opportunity to present additional proof, and not the kind of event in which the applicant has much of an opportunity to fix things.

thecoolguysam said:

Again: the interview is largely focused on verification of documents submitted and to some extent the information submitted. The interviewer is not assessing residency. The interviewer is assessing the veracity of submitted documentation and otherwise examining the applicant to ascertain whether or not there are reasons to question the application further.

Bringing some additional documentation to the interview may help sometimes, but most reports indicate a minimal opportunity to present much more than what is requested.

screech339 said:

I largely agree with this, although many applicants do bring a lot of documentation and apparently make an effort to persuade the interviewer with it. I doubt that hurts much. It seems clear, though, it is not likely to help much. So the risks of being too heavy handed in this are not balanced by much, if any hope, of it making a difference.

It may be worth observing that routine cases are handled routinely; if something pushes the application outside routine case processing, it is NOT going to be handled like a routine case. Presentation of documentation or argumentation at the interview is NOT likely to change how things go.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked the CBSA report and has a missing entry in my case. Not sure how that's going to pan out yet