+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE ADVISE: No Canada Entry Stamps in Passport

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I'm probably in the same boat here when I eventually get to that point in the process. My only trip during my 4 year period is from August of 2011 (to the US - for my father's memorial) and when I came back to Canada (land crossing) they just scanned my passport and PR card and waved me through - and no stamps. Even though I have not traveled anywhere since then, I am sure a CO will not have any compassion or discretion over this CBSA oversight.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bambino said:
I respectfully disagree :) The key phrase here is "on the balance of probabilities", meaning is it more likely than not. The evidence before the officer was sufficient to decide that. The CBSA report may help prove almost conclusively that these were the precise return dates, but that is NOT the required standard of proof.

Furthermore, there is no Canadian exit stamp. To paraphrase your statement, "he could go anywhere before Mexico". Looking at the passport, it is entirely possible that IAmAlbertan had spent five months in Guatemala and a year in Mauritius prior to entering Mexico. ;D
Sorry bambino, probabilities means nothing. No concrete proof of when you entered Canada. In theory you can leave to another country other than Canada from Mexico and enter Canada through a third country days/weeks later. Showing an exit stamp only means you left the country not when you entered Canada.

With fraud going on with citizenship and PR renewals on the actual days spent inside Canada, I would, as a agent, would want to see actual proof of entering Canada, either by CBSA records or entry stamps on passport. No exceptions.

missab

Sep 17, 2014
IamAlbertan said:
I took the test today and got 20/20. That made me happy. However, i had one issue during the interview with the officer. My passport does not have the entry stamps to Canada. I had two trips- 2012 for 23 days to my home country and 7 days to Mexico in 2013. The officer said that she will request a report from CBSA of my entry records (which will take a week or two). Once they confirm everything, they will send me the notice for oath tAking within 2-4 months.

My questions are:
1. does CBSA have the complete record of our entry to Canada? I dont really remember how they checked my documents when I came back here from those 2 trips.
2. Should this be a major concern for me?

Please share your experience & knowledge regarding this issue. Thank you.
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I did the test a week before you, and still get nothing from then. What's your news?

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
missab said:
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I did the test a week before you, and still get nothing from then. What's your news?
Still no news. I haven't heard anyone received their oath for May and no schedule yet for Edmonton too on the cic website. I am hoping they'll send us the letter very soon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IamAlbertan said:
I took the test today and got 20/20. That made me happy. However, i had one issue during the interview with the officer. My passport does not have the entry stamps to Canada. I had two trips- 2012 for 23 days to my home country and 7 days to Mexico in 2013. The officer said that she will request a report from CBSA of my entry records (which will take a week or two). Once they confirm everything, they will send me the notice for oath tAking within 2-4 months.

My questions are:
1. does CBSA have the complete record of our entry to Canada? I dont really remember how they checked my documents when I came back here from those 2 trips.
2. Should this be a major concern for me?

Please share your experience & knowledge regarding this issue. Thank you.
Did you arrive to canada by air? Did you meet CBSA officer or went to automatic kiosk And scanned your pr card? Usually when you scan pr card at automatic kiosk then officer does not make any entry stamp.

In my case, my passport was never stamped because i always used automatic kiosk and for land travels they dont stamp it either,they just scan pr card at their booth at the land border. Only time my passport was stamped by CBSA was when i arrived canada first time as a immigrant

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
thecoolguysam said:
Did you arrive to canada by air? Did you meet CBSA officer or went to automatic kiosk And scanned your pr card? Usually when you scan pr card at automatic kiosk then officer does not make any entry stamp.

In my case, my passport was never stamped because i always used automatic kiosk and for land travels they dont stamp it either,they just scan pr card at their booth at the land border. Only time my passport was stamped by CBSA was when i arrived canada first time as a immigrant
I remember one trip I used the kiosk but the other one I do not remember anymore. I mentioned to the cic officer that I used the kiosk in one of those trips but she said that the stamps are still needed. If thats the case, what is the use of the kiosk then if stamps are needed. Now I am just waiting for the verdict. Still not losing hope.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IamAlbertan said:
I remember one trip I used the kiosk but the other one I do not remember anymore. I mentioned to the cic officer that I used the kiosk in one of those trips but she said that the stamps are still needed. If thats the case, what is the use of the kiosk then if stamps are needed. Now I am just waiting for the verdict. Still not losing hope.
When you land at Canadian airport. There is a specific line for canadian citizens and PR card holders. The person scans his/her pr card/canadian passport and inserts the declaration card. System validates the info and prints a copy of declaration cards retaining the original declaration card in the machine. Then the CBSA officer checks the PR card/passport and then lets the person go unless he/she wants to do secondary inspection. At the exit of the airport the other CBSA officer collects the declaration card.
I have never seen any CBSA officer stamping the passport in such a situation.

There is a line for visa holders (immigrant visa, student visa, work permit holder, visitor visa) and there is another line for such people and at that point of time CBSA officer stamps the passport. I know this because my mom, dad came on visitor visa and their passport was stamped with CBSA stamp.

Did you try to explain this situation to the CIC officer conducting the interview. I assume that they might be aware about how the automatic kiosk system works.

missab

Sep 17, 2014
i think we can do nothing just wait. The explain is not acceptable, they just want to see the real stamps.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
thecoolguysam said:
When you land at Canadian airport. There is a specific line for canadian citizens and PR card holders. The person scans his/her pr card/canadian passport and inserts the declaration card. System validates the info and prints a copy of declaration cards retaining the original declaration card in the machine. Then the CBSA officer checks the PR card/passport and then lets the person go unless he/she wants to do secondary inspection. At the exit of the airport the other CBSA officer collects the declaration card.
I have never seen any CBSA officer stamping the passport in such a situation.

There is a line for visa holders (immigrant visa, student visa, work permit holder, visitor visa) and there is another line for such people and at that point of time CBSA officer stamps the passport. I know this because my mom, dad came on visitor visa and their passport was stamped with CBSA stamp.

Did you try to explain this situation to the CIC officer conducting the interview. I assume that they might be aware about how the automatic kiosk system works.
Yes, i did mention about using the kiosk in one trip but the officer said that they still need to see the stamp.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me there was one trip in which I had a Canadian stamp in my Passport but the entry did not show up in the CBSA report. I went to the interview and the officer looked at my passports pages and said that all is fine, however a week later I got an RQ. After getting the RQ I ordered a CBSA report and I noticed that one of my entrances to Canada was not recorded. I ordered ATIP which confirmed that this was the reason for RQ since it's said that the RQ was issued due to undeclared absence. I tried to make the case that stamp in my passport proves that the CBSA records are missing however it did not help me and I am still waiting for my oath. It has been 1.5 years since I have done my test.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ItkExpert said:
For me there was one trip in which I had a Canadian stamp in my Passport but the entry did not show up in the CBSA report. I went to the interview and the officer looked at my passports pages and said that all is fine, however a week later I got an RQ. After getting the RQ I ordered a CBSA report and I noticed that one of my entrances to Canada was not recorded. I ordered ATIP which confirmed that this was the reason for RQ since it's said that the RQ was issued due to undeclared absence. I tried to make the case that stamp in my passport proves that the CBSA records are missing however it did not help me and I am still waiting for my oath. It has been 1.5 years since I have done my test.
I am sorry to know that. So, you meant to say that the stamp was present on the passport but the entry date corresponding to same stamp was missing on the CBSA report?
Did you check other entries on CBSA report and compared it with your actual travels that you made outside canada and also compared it with your online residence calculator?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I am sorry to know that. So, you meant to say that the stamp was present on the passport but the entry date corresponding to same stamp was missing on the CBSA report?
Did you check other entries on CBSA report and compared it with your actual travels that you made outside canada and also compared it with your online residence calculator?
That is correct. All other CBSA records were matching to the stamps in my passport except for this. I am paying the price for their incompetence.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ItkExpert said:
That is correct. All other CBSA records were matching to the stamps in my passport except for this. I am paying the price for their incompetence.
Did you contact CBSA to get the entry added? Did you submit ATIP to check the current status of your application?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Did you contact CBSA to get the entry added? Did you submit ATIP to check the current status of your application?
When I noticed the missing entry it has been after I have been already slapped with the RQ so there was not point in contacting CBSA. If I had ordered the CBSA report before writing the exam I might have been able to discuss it with officer and avoided RQ (provided she liked me which I don't think was the case).

I have ordered 3 ATIPs already , none of them showing any real signs of progress.