+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plastic sleeves and binders

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
I just want to ask all of you preparing your documentation whether you are just putting all your documents in an envelope, or are you making it more professional by using plastic sleeves and a binder folder. I know some visa offices have asked you not to use plastic sleeves etc... but not all.

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canary said:
I just want to ask all of you preparing your documentation whether you are just putting all your documents in an envelope, or are you making it more professional by using plastic sleeves and a binder folder. I know some visa offices have asked you not to use plastic sleeves etc... but not all.

thanks
Don't use binders, sleeves, staples just paper clip or us a bulldog clip.

PMM

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
hi

thanks for the reply. Im just wondering how all these documents are going to fit inside an envelope. Just seems a lot of work just to clip them together lol.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canary said:

thanks
No plastic sleeves or binder, just put all your doc. in the envelope.
Cheers,

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It also doesn't hurt to arrange the documents in the order provided on the checklist. might make it slightly easier for the person verifying that your requested documents have all been supplied

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Canary said:

thanks
I dont see any issue in putting the documents in Plastic sleeves (inside a folder) the regular one that we have been using since so many years (to arrange documents in a presentable way). Finally put the documents in a big envelope (the courier companies do have these envelopes).

Write on that envelop your name file number etc
Hand these to Courier company

They shall further put these in envelp and send

Pretty simple

Regards

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cuccoo0 said:
I dont see any issue in putting the documents in Plastic sleeves (inside a folder) the regular one that we have been using since so many years (to arrange documents in a presentable way). Finally put the documents in a big envelope (the courier companies do have these envelopes).

Write on that envelop your name file number etc
Hand these to Courier company

They shall further put these in envelp and send

Pretty simple

Regards
Applicants are not allow to use folder or/and cover of any kind. Please click on this link.
Helpful Hints: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/federal_worker_hints-conseils_travailleur_federal.aspx?lang=eng

Use no binders, page protectors, report covers, etc; Avoid excessive use of paper clips. If the application has numerous supporting documents, please use an elastic band. Do not submit documents in separate envelopes.
Sign the declaration on page four of IMM 0008 Schedule 1...
Cheers,

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
beauhoe said:
Applicants are not allow to use folder or/and cover of any kind. Please click on this link.
Helpful Hints: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/federal_worker_hints-conseils_travailleur_federal.aspx?lang=eng

Use no binders, page protectors, report covers, etc; Avoid excessive use of paper clips. If the application has numerous supporting documents, please use an elastic band. Do not submit documents in separate envelopes.
Sign the declaration on page four of IMM 0008 Schedule 1...
Cheers,
Thanks for your info but honey That specifically for BUFFALLO office i think isn't it

Regards

lebyvr

Nov 3, 2014
I was looking for a topic that discussed plastic folders and file arrangement
At Canada post, the lady told me not to send my aplication in plastic folders,
I used 3 big plastic envelopes :
sponsor's papers
sponsored person papers
evidences (inside this I used small envelopes for : relationship photos, western unions slips and applicants photos)
I seperated the papers using paper clips and I sperated the files using paper folders
sponsor folder, supporting documents for sponsor folder, sponsored person's folder, supporting documents for sponsored, Appendix A folder,
All is going great so far and the use of plastic didnt cause any delays or problems