+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phd and financial/bank statements

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Dear members,
I will be going to Quebec to pursue my Phd. Since I will be paid a certain amount for this program, I would want to know how much total money/annum I need to show in the visa office with my application. Please give your suggestions based your experiences.

Thanks

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
whyserious said:
Dear members,
I will be going to Quebec to pursue my Phd. Since I will be paid a certain amount for this program, I would want to know how much total money/annum I need to show in the visa office with my application. Please give your suggestions based your experiences.

Thanks
FIRST year tuition fees + $10000 ..if u r getting funding for full 1 year for tuition fees then u only need to show 10000 dollars and letter from university stating that they will provide u funds.

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Dear sheryar,
Thanks for the reply.
I will be given the scholarship of around 17,000 CAD/annum, but my annual fee is 13500CAD(which will be later exempted to a small amount). In this case total expense would be around 23000CAD(13500CADfee +10000CAD for expenses). If around 17000CAD are provide by scholarship. Does that mean I have to show 6000CAD in my banks statement to make it 23000CAD. Do you know if that is acceptable? do you know what could be other possibilities?

Regards,

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
whyserious said:
Dear sheryar,
Thanks for the reply.
I will be given the scholarship of around 17,000 CAD/annum, but my annual fee is 13500CAD(which will be later exempted to a small amount). In this case total expense would be around 23000CAD(13500CADfee +10000CAD for expenses). If around 17000CAD are provide by scholarship. Does that mean I have to show 6000CAD in my banks statement to make it 23000CAD. Do you know if that is acceptable? do you know what could be other possibilities?

Regards,
U still have to show $10000 , and i m telling u about pakistan. Just provide letter from uni and 10000 dollars bank statemnet

whyserious

May 12, 2012
thanks for information,
Do you know what is the success rate for getting study permit as phd student?
Do student need both study permit and visa to enter canada?

whyserious

May 12, 2012
you mean letter of admission and 10000 dollars bank statement or letter of scholarship and 10,000 dollara?
Sheryar said:
U still have to show $10000 , and i m telling u about pakistan. Just provide letter from uni and 10000 dollars bank statemnet

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
whyserious said:
you mean letter of admission and 10000 dollars bank statement or letter of scholarship and 10,000 dollara?
I think most PHD students gets visa very easily provided that they give all the required documents.
YOu will just apply for study permit (study permit application forms) and temporary resident visa will automatically be provided VO .
these are application forms needed for study permit (CHC PAKISTAN)
You must submit the following completed forms:

Study Permit Checklist | PDF (29 KB) Please complete and place this checklist on top of your application.
Application form (IMM 1294) | PDF * (32 KB)
Family Information (IMM 5646E) | PDF * (59 KB)
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1 | PDF* (60.72 KB)] for all applicants

answer to ur question about funding:
you have to provide
1: letter of admission(letter of acceptance)
2: scholarship letter(it must assure your firsr year fees)
3: $10,000 bank statement
beside them there are some other documents ,which i assume that u already know.if not then just visit
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/study-etudie/study_permit-permis_etudes.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Dear sheryar,
I myself am from pakistan. But I completed my master´s recently from Finland and students residing in Finland are supposed to apply in London VO.
It is very nice to hear that it is easier to get study permit for phd student. I have been reading a lot about rejections due to lack of ties with resident/country of origin. what is important about proving ties to your country?
the list of documents is different for london however is almost same for every country. I would look into these more closely and if i need to ask more, please bear with me.

thanks

Sheryar said:
I think most PHD students gets visa very easily provided that they give all the required documents.
YOu will just apply for study permit (study permit application forms) and temporary resident visa will automatically be provided VO .
these are application forms needed for study permit (CHC PAKISTAN)
You must submit the following completed forms:

Study Permit Checklist | PDF (29 KB) Please complete and place this checklist on top of your application.
Application form (IMM 1294) | PDF * (32 KB)
Family Information (IMM 5646E) | PDF * (59 KB)
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1 | PDF* (60.72 KB)] for all applicants

answer to ur question about funding:
you have to provide
1: letter of admission(letter of acceptance)
2: scholarship letter(it must assure your firsr year fees)
3: $10,000 bank statement
beside them there are some other documents ,which i assume that u already know.if not then just visit
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/study-etudie/study_permit-permis_etudes.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
whyserious said:
Dear sheryar,
I myself am from pakistan. But I completed my master´s recently from Finland and students residing in Finland are supposed to apply in London VO.
It is very nice to hear that it is easier to get study permit for phd student. I have been reading a lot about rejections due to lack of ties with resident/country of origin. what is important about proving ties to your country?
the list of documents is different for london however is almost same for every country. I would look into these more closely and if i need to ask more, please bear with me.

thanks
SIR Dont know much about london VO but in pakistan usualy these are documents to show ties.
-property documents( father or mothers property) this shows them that u i will be having some property back in ur country and no one is foolish to leave this property and go illegal in canada! and it will motivate u to return back to pakistan!

-If father is doing business ,show his business documents (NTN CERTIFICATE) and establish this in ur SOP and his sponsor letter that u will return back to pakistan and takeover his business

-JOB oppurtnunity back home(provide document from employer -OR how ur studies in canada will help you getting a JOB in PAKISTAN(establish it in ur SOP).

-FAMILY REGISTRATION FORM- from nadra-this shows that you have family back in pakistan,and surly you will want to come back to visit them

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Thanks for this information mate!!
Just one more thing. Will only one of these options you mentioned to show family ties be sufficient to fulfill this requirement? I am sure more the better.

I would again thank you for all the suggestions and help.

Regards,
Sheryar said:
SIR Dont know much about london VO but in pakistan usualy these are documents to show ties.
-property documents( father or mothers property) this shows them that u i will be having some property back in ur country and no one is foolish to leave this property and go illegal in canada! and it will motivate u to return back to pakistan!

-If father is doing business ,show his business documents (NTN CERTIFICATE) and establish this in ur SOP and his sponsor letter that u will return back to pakistan and takeover his business

-JOB oppurtnunity back home(provide document from employer -OR how ur studies in canada will help you getting a JOB in PAKISTAN(establish it in ur SOP).

-FAMILY REGISTRATION FORM- from nadra-this shows that you have family back in pakistan,and surly you will want to come back to visit them

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
whyserious said:
Thanks for this information mate!!
Just one more thing. Will only one of these options you mentioned to show family ties be sufficient to fulfill this requirement? I am sure more the better.

I would again thank you for all the suggestions and help.

Regards,
No there could be any thing/document used to show ties,but these are the common documents used by applicants. and no document can guarantee VISA, but we have to do our best and next depends on luck.

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Hello,
So property can in the name of your mother or father to make it work? property is in Urdu & you make translations in English?
About bank statement if one of my uncles transfers funds i.e. 4-5lakhs to my account just a week or so before applications, what are the implication of this?

thanks again

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
whyserious said:
Hello,
So property can in the name of your mother or father to make it work? property is in Urdu & you make translations in English?
About bank statement if one of my uncles transfers funds i.e. 4-5lakhs to my account just a week or so before applications, what are the implication of this?

thanks again
1: Yeah u need to translate the property documents and get them attested from notary, u will also need to property evaluation(this will tell them current value of property),it is done by property dealers or registered engineering firms in pakistan.No problem if it is on ur parents name.
2: don't know much about bank statement.

whyserious

May 12, 2012
thanks
I hope this information would be helpful

Regards,

Sheryar said:
1: Yeah u need to translate the property documents and get them attested from notary, u will also need to property evaluation(this will tell them current value of property),it is done by property dealers or registered engineering firms in pakistan.No problem if it is on ur parents name.
2: don't know much about bank statement.

whyserious

May 12, 2012
AOA sheryar,
I was reading these replies and realise that you stated things differently and I understood them differently. Now the things are more clear.
I have been given the scholarship of 18000cad and my tuition fees are reduced to 2590$cad. So according to your statement the total expenses are around 11000$+2590cad+3000cad=16500$cad which is lesser than 18000cad$.
What is your opinion on this?

I have been asking these questions on this forum to get to the point replies but no one is telling me. Can you suggest about other senior members.

Regards,

Sheryar said:
FIRST year tuition fees + $10000 ..if u r getting funding for full 1 year for tuition fees then u only need to show 10000 dollars and letter from university stating that they will provide u funds.