+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWp & SOWP

sa880419

Feb 14, 2024
I am on maintained status (study permit) and awaiting an extension of my study permit. My spouse is on SOWP which we applied for extension together with my study permit. She’s been given a WP EXT PGWP, pending the issuance of the new SOWP.
My question is, when I am applying for my pgwp, must I apply for her open work permit too? I know it’s possible to have two applications in the system. I just need some clarification and if anybody has been in this situation and how they went about it.

Happygoyal232

Feb 15, 2024
Hi,

Just to share , yes you need to apply for her work permit extension.. you can submit your application together but don’t forget to add your documents in your wife’s client information. Think it like at the end your applications will get separate. Where they will check your client information for your PGWP and at the same time they will check your documents and your wife’s documents in her profile for her open work permit extension.

Athige Silva

Feb 3, 2024
I am on maintained status (study permit) and awaiting an extension of my study permit. My spouse is on SOWP which we applied for extension together with my study permit. She’s been given a WP EXT PGWP, pending the issuance of the new SOWP.
My question is, when I am applying for my pgwp, must I apply for her open work permit too? I know it’s possible to have two applications in the system. I just need some clarification and if anybody has been in this situation and how they went about it.
Hi,

Did you get your PGWP and SOWP approved?

Me and my husband are on implied status as we applied for a study permit extension. We are expecting to apply for my PGWP and then the SOWP.
How did you do yours?

If I apply for PGWP alone first, can I apply SOWP later?

In the PGWP application it asks whether the main applicant have a job offer. What do you answer that with? I already have an offer.

sa880419

Feb 14, 2024
Hi,

I believe you can apply first and then apply for the SOWP afterwards.

Imstill awaiting issuance of PGWp having applied in March.

I heard about the job offer thing where the main applicant should have a job offer in order for the other applicant (SOWP) to be issued permit. Doesn’t make sense to me that they expect a recent graduate applying for pgwp to already have a job offer before applying for themselves and their spouse.
Honestly, I don’t recall the part of the application that asks whether I had a job offer. If there was a question like that, I must have said No.

Hi,

Did you get your PGWP and SOWP approved?

Me and my husband are on implied status as we applied for a study permit extension. We are expecting to apply for my PGWP and then the SOWP.
How did you do yours?

If I apply for PGWP alone first, can I apply SOWP later?

In the PGWP application it asks whether the main applicant have a job offer. What do you answer that with? I already have an offer.
[/QUOTE]