+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pgwp refused by cic after completion of my 2 year diploma program

vishal1318

Mar 26, 2014
i completed my 2 year diploma in business management from humber college and graduated in jan 2014..... i applied for pgwp but my application ws refused and the reason stated by cic for the refusal was...

Your application as requested is refused.
After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment
will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or
permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on September 21st,
2014. You may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $155 payable at a
financial institution in Canada or online
 All required documents in support of your application.

they are saying that i dint provide them with the required documents but provided with them all that i got from college,,,transcript and a letter from college stating that i completed my studies..

what to do now? should i apply with the same documents again and what are the chances of getting a pgwp after a refusal??

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Try to call CIC and ask them what have you missed? They will surely be able to assist you. Reapply again and provide a letter from your college that you have completed 2 years of study with them.

If you have a job offer in the field you are working, attach that too..although it's not required but I'm only suggesting coz they mentioned that "employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents."

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
vishal1318 said:
i completed my 2 year diploma in business management from humber college and graduated in jan 2014..... i applied for pgwp but my application ws refused and the reason stated by cic for the refusal was...

After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment
will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or
permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on September 21st,
2014. You may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:
 applicable fees for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $155 payable at a

they are saying that i dint provide them with the required documents but provided with them all that i got from college,,,transcript and a letter from college stating that i completed my studies..

what to do now? should i apply with the same documents again and what are the chances of getting a pgwp after a refusal??
All documents asked in Documents checklist.
Check your forms twice.
Submit all supporting Documents
-- Letter from college
-- Transcript
-- Graduation Certificate which I think you received it already.
-- I attached my job letter with my file. No harm in attaching it.

Apply is soon because you only have 90 days from graduation to apply for PGWP.

LiftedR

May 30, 2012
vishal1318 said:

permanent residents.

any idea why they said " it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment" ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
parmajai said:
same happened to me.... wt did you do next
please reply
This refusal means you didn't submit all of the required paperwork / evidence / fees to be approved.

You'll need to tell us exactly what you submitted with your application.