+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refusal

mak93

Jul 14, 2020
Think something is obviously wrong because the average wait time for PGWP is +60days, I don't know how they were able to make a decision so quickly.
My biometrics were already in record from 2018 when I applied for study permit, valid until 2028.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Winter 2019 I took 2 courses (A+, A-) 8credits. Summer 2019 2 courses (A,A-) 8credits. Fall 2019 3 courses (B,B+,A-) 12 credits. Winter 2020 3 courses (A-,A-,A) 12 credits and Summer 1 2020 1 course and 1 seminar (A,PASS) 5 credits. Total 45 credits program.
I am almost sure 3 courses is considered "full-time" by IRCC, that is most likely the reason.

Reactions: Fluffy87

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Hi Even I applied for PGWP on 9th July and got refused on 13th july. My case is strong as I have continuously studied full time without any breaks. I don't understand how could my application be refused based on not continuously studying full time. I have emailed my DLI to review my completion letters, transcripts and full time status letter for any mistakes. As per my knowledge all the documents were correct proving my completion of masters and continuously full time status. My Study permit is also valid till 31 March 2021. I will definitely reapply next week as I'm still under 90 days restoration period and my study permit expires in 9 months. I'm soo confused as to what might have happened. Any one has any idea??? I waiting for my international student office university for an explanation also!
did you receive a biometric correspondence letter before your rejection letter?

mak93

Jul 14, 2020
I'm waiting for their response, due to Covid they are only responding to emails. I will most certainly discuss the 8 credit per term for winter 2019 and Summer 2019 with them. To clarify that it's full-time. And provide a letter of explanation with term credit hours and full-time status clarification. I think the IRCC officer thought that I was part time for winter 2019 and summer 2019. And full-time for fall 2019 and winter 2020. Last semester is allowed part time as it's finishing. However, I also attached a full-time attestation letter with my Completion letter, stating that I was full-time registered for all the terms. That letter might have been ignored and officer assumed from the transcripts that I was part time for initial semester. THATS MY ASSUMPTION after discussing with you guys.

mak93

Jul 14, 2020
did you receive a biometric correspondence letter before your rejection letter?
Yes, biometric correspondence letter received stating thank you for submitting finger prints. And then after 10 minutes refusal letter. Lol

mak93

Jul 14, 2020
I'm waiting for their response, due to Covid they are only responding to emails. I will most certainly discuss the 8 credit per term for winter 2019 and Summer 2019 with them. To clarify that it's full-time. And provide a letter of explanation with term credit hours and full-time status clarification. I think the IRCC officer thought that I was part time for winter 2019 and summer 2019. And full-time for fall 2019 and winter 2020. Last semester is allowed part time as it's finishing. However, I also attached a full-time attestation letter with my Completion letter, stating that I was full-time registered for all the terms. That letter might have been ignored and officer assumed from the transcripts that I was part time for initial semester. THATS MY ASSUMPTION after discussing with you guys.
Do you think I will need to hire an ICCRC consultant or lawyer for re application or reconsideration??? Or I can apply again by myself with a letter of explanation from international student office emphasizing and clearing that I was registered full time continuously??? Note: I'm still under 90 days restoration period from completion date (9july) and my work permit is valid till 31 March 2021.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Why is your permit expiry date so long after the end of your studies? Doesn't make sense
I am

i was checking my confirmation of enrolment and it is stated there that I am full time student. Did you submitted something on which it was displayed by University whether your sem is part time or full time?

mak93

Jul 14, 2020
I am

i was checking my confirmation of enrolment and it is stated there that I am full time student. Did you submitted something on which it was displayed by University whether your sem is part time or full time?
Yes the university provides a full-time status attestation letter after completion of the program. It states that I was enrolled full-time for all the semesters.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
For comparison, I am also doing a course based Master's I have 4 courses per semester (until the final semester)
Hi, just curious to know gour thoughts if my program will be considered as full time by IRCC. I'm applying for a post degree diploma for 13 months at university of winnipeg which is an ibtense course.

They do not have semester system rather they have each bach of courses where 4 to 5 courses run for around 2.5 months amd fhis this how they complete around 27 courses in 13 months. Sobits not actually possible to count of its 4 or 5 courses per semester. Would it be a problem if apply later for PGWP?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Keep us posted

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi, just curious to know gour thoughts if my program will be considered as full time by IRCC. I'm applying for a post degree diploma for 13 months at university of winnipeg which is an ibtense course.

They do not have semester system rather they have each bach of courses where 4 to 5 courses run for around 2.5 months amd fhis this how they complete around 27 courses in 13 months. Sobits not actually possible to count of its 4 or 5 courses per semester. Would it be a problem if apply later for PGWP?
No idea. Never heard of any program like that. Might want to check with your school with that or previous alumni

Reactions: AskBD