+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refusal

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Does the refusal affect this application if I am going to apply again. Thank you
Apply for restoration of study permit - pay appropriate fees - along with new pgwp application - from inside canada

be careful on how the application is combined and routed

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
I'm waiting for their response, due to Covid they are only responding to emails. I will most certainly discuss the 8 credit per term for winter 2019 and Summer 2019 with them. To clarify that it's full-time. And provide a letter of explanation with term credit hours and full-time status clarification. I think the IRCC officer thought that I was part-time for winter 2019 and summer 2019. And full-time for fall 2019 and winter 2020. Last semester is allowed part-time as it's finishing. However, I also attached a full-time attestation letter with my Completion letter, stating that I was full-time registered for all the terms. That letter might have been ignored and officer assumed from the transcripts that I was part time for initial semester. THATS MY ASSUMPTION after discussing with you guys.
Very strange case. Concordia Uni, Mtl is a well-known university. IRCC must be receiving pgwp application from the uni every now and then. Also, it's very common for masters students to have 2 courses in a term. Yes, less than 2 is a problem (except in the last term) . I hope you have not made any mistakes in your application unknowingly, otherwise its IRCC error. You can re-apply after discussing it with the student office. I don't think you need a lawyer for this unless there is something of concern in your past immigration history. You know yourself best.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Yes the university provides a full-time status attestation letter after completion of the program. It states that I was enrolled full-time for all the semesters.
you can also get more info about rejection from IRCC...GCMS notes. to get actual and detailed reason for rejection.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If this system is normal for your Uni and others get PGWP doing this it might be a simple mistake, I would suggest asking for a reconsideration by calling IRCC and sending a WebForm, instead of applying again.

Just a note it might not matter what your university says is full time if CBSA determines you were not full time. There is an actual case of a guy loosing a judicial review on this, he was doing 1, 2 courses in some semester but Uni said he was full time and he got refused.

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Hi all!
I'm in the same boat here. I have appied for PGWP after Masters (in Religion though) but do not have a responce from the IRCC yet. I took a thesis-based route of the program. During my first year (Fall 2018 and Winter 2019) I had 2 classes per term and fulfilled courses requirements for the program. Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Winter 2020 I worked on my thesis and defended it in June (Summer 2020). It says in my transcript that I was continiously registered for the Thesis. But based on some comments here in the forum, I`m a bit concerned regarding my application. Any thoughts about this?

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Hi all!
I'm in the same boat here. I have appied for PGWP after Masters (in Religion though) but do not have a responce from the IRCC yet. I took a thesis-based route of the program. During my first year (Fall 2018 and Winter 2019) I had 2 classes per term and fulfilled courses requirements for the program. Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Winter 2020 I worked on my thesis and defended it in June (Summer 2020). It says in my transcript that I was continiously registered for the Thesis. But based on some comments here in the forum, I`m a bit concerned regarding my application. Any thoughts about this?
I'm in similar situation. Usually for Msc thesis-option, we only need to take 5 course, and almost everyone in our school take less than 3 courses some semesters. But I've registered for a thesis course all the time which should be the proof that I maintained a full time status.

Rani5853

Dec 6, 2019
Hi, just curious to know gour thoughts if my program will be considered as full time by IRCC. I'm applying for a post degree diploma for 13 months at university of winnipeg which is an ibtense course.

They do not have semester system rather they have each bach of courses where 4 to 5 courses run for around 2.5 months amd fhis this how they complete around 27 courses in 13 months. Sobits not actually possible to count of its 4 or 5 courses per semester. Would it be a problem if apply later for PGWP?
Hi is this program eligible for PGWP ? Did you inquire ?