+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Have you read it? It is written that we can apply within 180 days. Rule changed from 90 days to 180 days. Somewhere in this article it is also written that it is not necessary for study permit to be valid.
Get a lawyer. Only use the canada.ca website not a 2019 article from a consultant. Yes, you can apply for a PGWP within a 180 days but your study permit expires within 90 days. Two different processes and applications. Since you believe there is an error in law then apply for reconsideration with proper document referring to the correct instruction manuals and at the same time go for JR with a lawyer. Issue may be in the lines below. You applied for a PGWP without status and worked without status (illegally).

Here is what you are referencing:

How to apply for a post-graduation work permit
You can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) from inside Canada or from another country, as long as you’re eligible.

You have up to 180 days after you graduate to apply for a PGWP.

When you apply, you must confirm the following:

• that you attended and completed your program
  • the name of your program and
  • the length of your program
You can confirm these by submitting any of the following:

• your degree or diploma
  • your transcript or
  • an official letter from your school
If your study permit will expire before you get your marks, you have 2 options. You can

Work in Canada after you graduate: How to apply - Canada.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: rcincanada2019

khanfaraz

May 25, 2023
How can you say illegally? I also have an acknowledgement letter which states that I can work until my decision is made. I checked official website (the one you mentioned) before applying and I applied before the expiry date on my document. Keeping everything aside, I already submitted my reconsideration request 11 days ago, waiting for a positive outcome. Hope for the best.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How can you say illegally? I also have an acknowledgement letter which states that I can work until my decision is made. I checked official website (the one you mentioned) before applying and I applied before the expiry date on my document. Keeping everything aside, I already submitted my reconsideration request 11 days ago, waiting for a positive outcome. Hope for the best.
You keep adding to your story without giving all the information so my posts are based on IRCC procedure. You now add you got acknowledgment letter which you never said in the first place. So all you can do is wait. Good luck.

Reactions: BA101

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
No, I haven't received any response yet. I applied on the 106th day after receiving the completion letter while my study permit was still valid (with an expiry date stated on the document). Two days later, I received an acknowledgment letter stating that I am permitted to work full-time for any employer in Canada.
Your study permit ceases to be valid 90 days after you receive your grades/completion letter.