+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Reconsideration NEED HELP PLEASE!

Mar 9, 2020
Yeah! My work permit got refused. The refusal letter stated that i did not meet the eligibility criteria of full time. I did my Masters in Computer Science. it was a thesis program. When i called up CIC , one of the agent said that the only reason he can think of is that full time is not mentioned in my course completion letter. That is weird because the University issues the same letter to everyone. I sent a web form with updated explanation letter from the university. Wondering if they would reconsider my request or not.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah! My work permit got refused. The refusal letter stated that i did not meet the eligibility criteria of full time. I did my Masters in Computer Science. it was a thesis program. When i called up CIC , one of the agent said that the only reason he can think of is that full time is not mentioned in my course completion letter. That is weird because the University issues the same letter to everyone. I sent a web form with updated explanation letter from the university. Wondering if they would reconsider my request or not.
I was refused for the same reason, I studied continually fulltime at York University, but CIC thought I was not. I has been 2 months since I request for the reconsideration.

McGillU

May 18, 2020
I got my pgwp approved on thursday. Called CIC, she said that at the minimum, i should get 16 months. I raised webform the same day but have not heard yet. She asked me to wait for a week and reapply adding an explanation letter.

amirinia

Apr 29, 2020
My PGWP got refused on 06 JAN. IRCC said I was not continually fulltime studying.
However, I WAS fulltime continually. So I got a letter from York U and sent a request for reconsideration on 09 Jan.
21 Jan, I got the message from my CIC account, asking me to provide additional documents to continue processing my application-"official letter confirming how many credits were taken for each semester." and the deadline is 28 Jan.
When I was trying to upload it through my CIC account, I couldn't find any link to upload this document. Therefore, I uploaded it by webform on 27 Jan.
on 28 Jan,
I received the email from IRCC, saying "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration."
Since 28 Jan, I haven't got any responses and updates so far.
Is there still any hope to get my case approved? How long it usually takes to get a response of reconsideration?
Anybody can help me! Appreciate it a lot in advance!
How did you apply for a request for reconsideration? webform? I can not find in dropbox

amirinia

Apr 29, 2020
I got my pgwp approved on thursday. Called CIC, she said that at the minimum, i should get 16 months. I raised webform the same day but have not heard yet. She asked me to wait for a week and reapply adding an explanation letter.
why 16 months?

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Did you applied after refusal through reconsideration?

amirinia

Apr 29, 2020
I was refused for the same reason, I studied continually fulltime at York University, but CIC thought I was not. I has been 2 months since I request for the reconsideration.
I have the same situation I was a full-time student and thesis-based. I requested the reconsideration last week. I don't have time I will resubmit a new one next week.

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
Same situation with me i got refusal for pgwp on 8 june but i was fulll time student. I applied for reconsideration on 11 june through lawyer but no reply till now.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Same situation with me i got refusal for pgwp on 8 june but i was fulll time student. I applied for reconsideration on 11 june through lawyer but no reply till now.
Yes same here applied new pgwp application with explanations for reconsideration. Did you deposit any Government fees this time??