+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP in jeopardy... i'm in panic

RobertoI

Jun 28, 2017
My lawyer contacted me NOW that the private college i attended (obtaining my 2 diplomas, because i needed more than 1 year of study) resulted to be not approved for the eligibility of my work permit! I discovered now the scam they did: THEY KNEW i needed to obtain a PGWP and didn't tell me that was not a "private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions" ALTHOUGH i saw the college listed in the CIC website for student permit.
I invested most of my money to invest on myself, i studied almost 2 years and obtained also a certification and i ALSO FOUND A GOOD JOB! I moved in a bachelor with the contract i stay at least 1 year... My lawyer told me i could start working while processing my request.... Now i am about to lose everything! any idea before i remain totally screwed and persecutable? i am now removing any glimpse of dignity because i am about to beg for LMIA to my employer... my lawyer told me that i need to ask a higher pay and the employer needs to fill a declaration that cant find canadians to have my job: i am a computer technician... so i know that LMIA can result IMPOSSIBLE! Please help me........

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
My lawyer contacted me NOW that the private college i attended (obtaining my 2 diplomas, because i needed more than 1 year of study) resulted to be not approved for the eligibility of my work permit! I discovered now the scam they did: THEY KNEW i needed to obtain a PGWP and didn't tell me that was not a "private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions" ALTHOUGH i saw the college listed in the CIC website for student permit.
I invested most of my money to invest on myself, i studied almost 2 years and obtained also a certification and i ALSO FOUND A GOOD JOB! I moved in a bachelor with the contract i stay at least 1 year... My lawyer told me i could start working while processing my request.... Now i am about to lose everything! any idea before i remain totally screwed and persecutable? i am now removing any glimpse of dignity because i am about to beg for LMIA to my employer... my lawyer told me that i need to ask a higher pay and the employer needs to fill a declaration that cant find canadians to have my job: i am a computer technician... so i know that LMIA can result IMPOSSIBLE! Please help me........
when did you apply and when you did get a rejection letter?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you attended a private institution, it's quite possible the PGWP will be refused. If that happens, you would need to stop working immediately and would have to make plans to leave Canada. If you are refused and want to remain in Canada and work, you'll need to find an employer who is willing to give you a full time job offer and who can also obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

For the LMIA to be approved, your employer needs to be paying you at least the median wage for your occupation (otherwise the LMIA will be refused). Your employer must also meet the LMIA advertising requirements before applying for the LMIA by advertising the job for at least a month according to the advertising rules stated by the LMIA process.

Good luck.

Reactions: RobertoI

RobertoI

Jun 28, 2017
Yes right now i am trying hard to result as much valuable as i can, to my employer. I made the PGWP request 1month ago and i don't have yet the refusal letter... so it's true, no other options.... damn :-(