+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP flagpole story at NB-Maine border

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you have a valide visa and study permit when you went there? I have applied online and have been waiting for 4 month now. I wanted to go flagpoling now since it's just taking too long but my study pemit and TRV all have expired. Do you think it's still to go to the border and apply ?
Onteio borders are much busier and some are not doing flagpoling or do a limited number everyday. Seen that others have tried multiple times at different borders before success.

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hi My spouse has visiting visa only not SOWP can I do flagpole for PGWP and add him on? or do I apply for SOWP now. Although I finish school in December and intend to flagpole then.

mmoore95

Jul 4, 2024
Good evening, I wonder if the flagpole in St. Stephen is still an available option. I heard it's not an option for PGWP now.
Hi AleChacon,

how did you get on? did you flagpole?

i called CBSA and asked if it's possible to flagpole there and they said yes, there were no restricted hours on the NB border.

has anyone any experience at the woodstock rd border? anyone recommend driving? is there a spot to park up and walk to the US border is it that not advised?

Reactions: Vikram kanda

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi AleChacon,

i called CBSA and asked if it's possible to flagpole there and they said yes, there were no restricted hours on the NB border.

has anyone any experience at the woodstock rd border? anyone recommend driving? is there a spot to park up and walk to the US border is it that not advised?
So you are flagpoling for PGWP? If so that is not longer allowed.

Reactions: Vikram kanda

Vikram kanda

Jul 17, 2024
Hi AleChacon,

Hello can U tell me timings and day schedule for flagpole at 30 at Stephen New Brunswick ..have U any CBSA number to call them or fix a appointment for flag poling..I have to go with family so plz let me know if U have any information about the flagpole ..thx

Vikram kanda

Jul 17, 2024
Can U tell me is their is available flag pole in st Stephen for work permit..any day and time schedule..or any appointment we have to take for coming here..let me know

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Can U tell me is their is available flag pole in st Stephen for work permit..any day and time schedule..or any appointment we have to take for coming here..let me know
St. Stephen - Calais crossing is open 24/7 and there is no indication that immigration services are limited or restricted at any time of the day. Your best bet though is probably a weekday compared to weekend but even then it's summer time so it could be hit or miss. Be prepared to wait but they should process your application.

Here's the list of 12 land border crossings which have restricted immigration services. Only QC requires an appointment.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html