+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP 2024 - No updates - What is the next step?

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hello All,

I need help in the critical situation of my brother.

He applied to PWGP on 12 May, 2024. He got confirmation letter after applying the application which states that he is authorized to work until November 8, 2024 till he gets his work permit approval. so he is on applied status at the moment.

He still have not got any update yet on his application. He called IRCC twice and raised couple of webforms as well. No help yet. Last time over call, agent said that his will put request on his application. But still no updates on his application.

He also has his marriage on 18 Nov so he booked flight to India on 8th Nov. I have following questions:

1. What if he does not get any update by 8th November, 2024? Does he need to leave country? what would be his status after that?

2. If he goes to India on 8th Nov without getting his work permit, and later stage he receives hi work permit, can someone bring his work permit paper to India? is that fine?

Appreciate your help. Any other idea or guidance will be helpful.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello All,

I need help in the critical situation of my brother.

He applied to PWGP on 12 May, 2024. He got confirmation letter after applying the application which states that he is authorized to work until November 8, 2024 till he gets his work permit approval. so he is on applied status at the moment.

He still have not got any update yet on his application. He called IRCC twice and raised couple of webforms as well. No help yet. Last time over call, agent said that his will put request on his application. But still no updates on his application.

He also has his marriage on 18 Nov so he booked flight to India on 8th Nov. I have following questions:

1. What if he does not get any update by 8th November, 2024? Does he need to leave country? what would be his status after that?

2. If he goes to India on 8th Nov without getting his work permit, and later stage he receives hi work permit, can someone bring his work permit paper to India? is that fine?

Appreciate your help. Any other idea or guidance will be helpful.
The bigger issue is TRV, you won't be able to return to Canada without a valid one.