+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hello, another question is: do non-accompanying dependants need also to submit biometrics, or just the one being sponsored to come? thanks...
non-accompnaying dependents (spouse, children) all need biometrics, and medical exam, police check and background check to pass.

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
non-accompnaying dependents (spouse, children) all need biometrics, and medical exam, police check and background check to pass.
@YVR123 so non-accompanying dependent should also pay the processing fees and biometrics? Do I have to pay the fees at the same time?
In the case of my father he is already included in form 0008 coz my mother will be the principal applicant. Or I should fill up separate form for my father even he is non accompanying??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
@YVR123 so non-accompanying dependent should also pay the processing fees and biometrics? in the case of my father he is already included in form 0008 coz my mother will be the principal applicant. Or I should fill up separate form for my father??
I didn't say processing fees in my reply.
Yes for biometric.
I will let others to answer for non-ccompanying dependent forms. I haven't gone through that myself. May be if I have time later, I can read through the guide again.

Last edited:
Reactions: tikya

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
It has been happening since the initial stages of interest to sponsor and it is going to continue. People feel they are one step ahead when they receive the invitation just to figure out that they are not eligible.

Guys, go through the website to understand the eligibility and then post questions so that you don't waste time, efforts and a spot of others or oneself.

I am just wondering, I am encountering at least 2 cases like this per day in this forum and it is so sad that how many will be out there with invitation and no eligibility. :mad:

Does anyone think there could be a second round of invitations sent when they find out only half are eligible?
I was thinking that too. It would be a nice surprise to get an invitation to apply for a 2nd round of pgp 2020. But it’s a very very small possibility especially given that 2020 NOA’s aren’t even out yet.

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
IRCC has said invited more than 10000 applicants for PGP2020 to reach 10000 approved applications. However its understandable that they are not sacrosanct on 10000 number as such and looking to average out or calibrate around 10000 number at the end. As realistically when they send invitations to more than 10000 applicants, chances that they get at the end 9900 or 10500, for example, as approved at the end.
Chances of getting a round 2 from that perspective is small.

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
@scylla has answered your questions several times.

Both parents if alive and not divorced have to be sponsored together. You cannot just sponsor one of them.

You need to meet income requirements for both parents and yourself assuming you are not married and have no children. So for 3 persons.

You do not meet the requirements. You should never have taken part in the lottery and have wasted a spot for someone else.

If you do not believe us you have the right to still apply. But you will lose your application fee.

Please submit ITA for future lotteries only when you have enough on your line 150 for 3 person family size for the required years.
No need to get angry. IRCC has already taken this into account and have issues 14k invites for 10k spots.
So technically he is not wasting any spots :p

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
No need to get angry. IRCC has already taken this into account and have issues 14k invites for 10k spots.
So technically he is not wasting any spots :p
That's actually exactly what he's doing. He's directly affected the lives of at least 2 people, if not many more. So have all others who couldn't bother to research whether they would even qualify before applying.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
thank you for your answers. i guess the "separate" status is an honest path to take (because they were really separated)...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks. his dad may not have all paperworks. we will just put married in the status and non-accompanying. we hope that he will cooperate with medical and other requests. Thanks for answering...
That could be considered misrepresentation if they have been living separate lives for 30 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The person I am sponsoring is my mom (just one person) as clearly stated on my Intent To Sponsor Form. No dependents cause he is 22, not 21.
Do I still need to meet LICO for 4 people even though I am not sponsoring them ?
Your post a few days ago says he is under 21. What is his actual age?

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The person I am sponsoring is my mom (just one person) as clearly stated on my Intent To Sponsor Form. No dependents cause he is 22, not 21.
Do I still need to meet LICO for 4 people even though I am not sponsoring them ?
But is your father alive and with your mom. If so you include him even if he doesn’t want to be sponsored. Also now your brother is 22 but you said he was younger. You show income on your NOA that is all they look at.