+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

petition call to Ministry of Immigration for CIC's poor practice

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I havn't checked my post for a few days as I have been busy with my two little kids. I am surprised but happy to see so many people read this post and replied.

I don't agree with Susana that we should be more patient and just wait as we are not the only applicants. My petition is not to ask CIC to speed up the process but asking it to publish accountable information on their official website so people can truly trust its performance. And also CIC should follow their procedure by sending people acknowledge emails and update emails to keep people informed. From what happened in the last month, we can obviously see that their process is very messy!!! As applicants, we know waiting is necessary but not waiting without being updated with honesty information or even not updated at all.

All in all, the purpose is to push the government institution to improved their pratice standard and performance so as applicant we are fairly and honestly treated.

I thank for those who signed the petition and I call for more people to join us!!!

petition link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

Michelle :)

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
an update, so far we have got 34 signatories.

People, if you are suffering waiting in frustration, let the government know your feeling!We deserve to be dealt with by an efficient government!!!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Yes I agree that we should be patient but it has to be within reason! When we started this process we knew it would be a long haul but it is still disrespectful and lazy of them to not even be willing to do the BARE MINIMUM (yes what they do to update is the very barest minimum!) I'm not saying that they need to be sending us updates on our individual cases every day(even though we all check for it every day...lol) but it shouldn't be hard to have a computer update the last scanned date! I get that we are still new in the line but sponsorship approval is the only part that is supposed to not matter what country you are applying from! To them it seems to just be a date but to everyone that is on the other end of that it is our lives! As a people we have a voice! If we don't use it nothing will change.. Your right that as a people Canadian's voted for this but they didn't vote for it to be broken! To Kenny it is just a job! If we don't speak up then everyone thinks it is working right even when it isn't. As a Canadian married to an American I can tell you from experience down here at least (we live in the US right now) that most people don't have a clue as to how immigration works. I don't know what it is like in Canada but I know here most people don't have a clue and I would assume that will be pretty much the same no matter where you live... if it isn't a day to day issue for them personally they don't know or really care! Speaking up now is the best way to start! We are all just drops in the big bucket of immigration but it doesn't take long for a few extra days to ripple out in a big way! There is such a small amount of contact they have with us and the public and all we are asking for is that it is kept up to date!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
Please be patient! You are not the only one applying! You sent your application few weeks ago and you are already loosing your mind. There are people waiting for years ! Give them time to do their job and wait. You will get your turn.
This has nothing to do with the poster being recent applicant or not. There are some facts we need answers for.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I.N said:
I agree with Susana...

We all are anxious and angry at times for all this process to be over but if you think twice maybe it's not that long to get a permanent residence status in Canada after all...

I've had my sponsorship approved after four months of wating (one month was from my fault,had a missing signature in my forms)...21 July to 8 November... :eek: .

I've beaten a hell of the record here... :-\.
We are asking for our right to be notified once the application was received see jan. applicants
ocanadaguy said:
Guess what guys.. I am still waiting for anything from CIC-M and i have nothing.. so i called CIC today and talked to David.. at least he seemed to be really trying to get to the bottom of things..... he called up this lady that deals with tracking packages.. and she told him that I can either wait till April 14 to see if they found my package.. or send in Photo copies of my entire application that I sent receipt and everything, with a letter attached stating what has happened ( cannot find my first application).. and then I most likely would have to wait the entire 55 days processing time again and see if it works out for me the 2nd time.. OMG, OMG... this is crazy, and the guy said that this is very very rare and he didn't exactly know what to tell me, that's why he called that lady. How crazy.. It is almost like I am starting from scratch, and by then, the whole medical test might be expired, who knows? I am really really angry and sad.. If this is going to be so freakin difficult, I swear I will move to europe and forget about living in Canada.. I am that pissed! AND on top of all that.. the tickets that I sent, and all the photos.. I swear, I spent over $100 probably developing all kinds of photos.. just to possibly be lost? How much is this going to cost? I just can't believe what is happening.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
she is talking abt first stage....does anyone realize that people who apply these days get the sponsor approval after 70-80 days maybe even more although their website says 55?? ??? how would u feel if after 2-3 months of sending to Mississauga (outland applications) u don't even know if ur application arrived or is lost ??? a little awarness is good :)
agree

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:
CIC does not care if people suffer.
If we all stay indifferent and no matter what they will do Then yes

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrslwsn said:
I agree as well. I got thru fast, and with no issue, I was given appropriate notices and my ecas was updated as the app progressed. However I know ppl who have waited sooooo long, but endured it with grace and patience, not run off prematurely and hype. Just wait, you cannot fight this process.
That is hardly the case.

Noone receives notices,....

the huge discrepency in website and actual applicants,
the huge discrepency in agents responses,
those applied at the end of jan or begining of Feb who received responses while late dec and early jan did not receive a response....
Their site says 55 days...it is NOT 55
Their site says working on Jan 25 however the sheets show something different
The agents say all applicants will receive AOR through emails (and this is a recent) NON of the recent applicants received a thing

We can see only the tip of the iceberge

1000's of reasons

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pummelchen said:
Also dont forget that CiC is what the Canadian people want to have. They voted to have a government like this. If you like Canada you have to accept the good and the bad.
That is NOT true I have not voted for the current government and even those who voted would not appreciate the performance of CIC

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
liuminparis said:
Hi everyone,

I havn't checked my post for a few days as I have been busy with my two little kids. I am surprised but happy to see so many people read this post and replied.

I don't agree with Susana that we should be more patient and just wait as we are not the only applicants. My petition is not to ask CIC to speed up the process but asking it to publish accountable information on their official website so people can truly trust its performance. And also CIC should follow their procedure by sending people acknowledge emails and update emails to keep people informed. From what happened in the last month, we can obviously see that their process is very messy!!! As applicants, we know waiting is necessary but not waiting without being updated with honesty information or even not updated at all.

All in all, the purpose is to push the government institution to improved their pratice standard and performance so as applicant we are fairly and honestly treated.

I thank for those who signed the petition and I call for more people to join us!!!

petition link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

AGREE WITH YOU!! I POSTED IN FEW TOPICS IN THIS FORUM TO SIGN IT. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE THIS POOR PRACTICE.IF PEOPLE STAY QUITE AND JUST COMPLAIN AND WAIT FOR THE UNKNOWN WITHOUT UPDATE WITH DETAILS FOR MONTHS AND YEAR NOTHING GONNA CHANGE, IT MIGHT GET WORST LATER ON. I WISH THOUSANDS MORE SIGN, AND SOMETHING CHANGE.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liuminparis said:
Hi everyone,

petition link:

Thanks Michelle

Here is a true story
ocanadaguy said:
Guess what guys.. I am still waiting for anything from CIC-M and i have nothing.. so i called CIC today and talked to David.. at least he seemed to be really trying to get to the bottom of things..... he called up this lady that deals with tracking packages.. and she told him that I can either wait till April 14 to see if they found my package.. or send in Photo copies of my entire application that I sent receipt and everything, with a letter attached stating what has happened ( cannot find my first application).. and then I most likely would have to wait the entire 55 days processing time again and see if it works out for me the 2nd time.. OMG, OMG... this is crazy, and the guy said that this is very very rare and he didn't exactly know what to tell me, that's why he called that lady. How crazy.. It is almost like I am starting from scratch, and by then, the whole medical test might be expired, who knows? I am really really angry and sad.. If this is going to be so freakin difficult, I swear I will move to europe and forget about living in Canada.. I am that pissed! AND on top of all that.. the tickets that I sent, and all the photos.. I swear, I spent over $100 probably developing all kinds of photos.. just to possibly be lost? How much is this going to cost? I just can't believe what is happening.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shiny88 said:
AGREE WITH YOU!! I POSTED IN FEW TOPICS IN THIS FORUM TO SIGN IT. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE THIS POOR PRACTICE.IF PEOPLE STAY QUITE AND JUST COMPLAIN AND WAIT FOR THE UNKNOWN WITHOUT UPDATE WITH DETAILS FOR MONTHS AND YEAR NOTHING GONNA CHANGE, IT MIGHT GET WORST LATER ON. I WISH THOUSANDS MORE SIGN, AND SOMETHING CHANGE.
Help us publicize it

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
That is NOT true I have not voted for the current government and even those who voted would not appreciate the performance of CIC
The majority of Canadians voted for this type of government system. To complain about CiC won't change anything unless the Canadians want a different system. However I noticed that most of them have no clue how immigration works and how unfair it is. Change need to come from the inside, not outside.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I signed already! Hope this will work!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Pummelchen said:
The majority of Canadians voted for this type of government system. To complain about CiC won't change anything unless the Canadians want a different system. However I noticed that most of them have no clue how immigration works and how unfair it is. Change need to come from the inside, not outside.
very true....most have no idea how immigration works and how heartbreaking it is....but there is also a problem with the way the voting system works ::) many people didn't vote for this gouverment but it does not reflect just because the voting system is outdated, probably same since Canada was formed ::) ::) ::)